1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

This Auction Will Be Muscle Car Heaven

Discussion in 'Auto, Tractor, Motorcycles, Racing, and Mechanics' started by Scorpio, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

This Auction Will Be Muscle Car Heaven
    [​IMG]
    Road & Track

Máté Petrány 19 hrs ago

This Auction Will Be Muscle Car Heaven If you like American classics, head down to Kissimmee in January, because Mecum's list of the more than 3000 cars going under the hammer is like nothing we've ever seen before. And between all the Daytonas, Cobras and Corvettes are also some of the most significant early muscle cars and vintage dragsters from the collections of Don Fezell as well as Jackie and Gary Runyon.

Here are some of the highlights:

Research

A trio of 1968 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet Lightweights, of which only 51 were ever produced for drag racing:

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    1/3 SLIDES © Provided by Road and Track
    Four Chevrolet Impala Z11 lightweight drag racers, including the Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins-prepared "Old Reliable IV:"

[​IMG]© Provided by Road and Track
    A 1965 Plymouth Belvedere A990 Lightweight - 1967's Super Stock World Champion, and a Plymouth Belvedere A/FX Haulin Hemi II, 1 of 6 acid-dipped, altered-wheelbase cars produced by Chrysler in 1965.

A Hemi-powered 1968 Plymouth Barracuda BO29 Super Stock:

The unrestored 1962 Pontiac Super Duty White Lightning:

The first Hemi sold and 1964's S/SA NHRA quarter mile recorder 1964 Dodge 330 Lightweight 'Hemi-Honker':

The 'Tonto' 1962 Pontiac Catalina Super Duty and the 1963 Pontiac Catalina 'Swiss Cheese' with about 800 lbs. cut out by the factory.

As you would expect, Mecum will also offer all the period parts and memorabilia that buyers might be looking for. Bidder registration is $100 when completed online in advance, or $200 after the auction starts, and it includes admission for the bidder and a guest for all 10 auction days. If you just want to see these cars in Florida, Mecum will let you in for $20 a day. Good luck and happy burnouts to all!

See more videos from Mecum here.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/this-auction-will-be-muscle-car-heaven/ar-AAlBuvs

sandblaster, <SLV> and searcher like this.
  2. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Interest rates going up will kill the collector car market.

gringott likes this.
  3. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Mecum Auction Kissimmee 1-10-2016
    37spiker

Published on Jan 11, 2017
    This is another one of my favorite events. Here's a video of this years Mecum Auction in Kissimmee, Florida. This is not what you'll see on TV, it's just a group of guys walking around the auction grounds on Tuesday, looking at incredible cars.

4. <SLV>

<SLV> Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Wake me up when they find Veda Orr's '32 Ford dry lakes roadster or James Deans "Little Bastard" Porsche 550 Spyder.

Veda-orr-1932-ford.jpg james-dean-porsche-550-spyder-1_653.jpg

5. Zed

Zed Size doesn't count! Midas Member

Nuclear Technician
    Mebe, but in Brazil, when inflation has been rife, fridges have been used as a store of wealth! Some collectables with enduring value should do well.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    searcher likes this.
  6. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I am in Kissimmee right now (11th). On the way down I-4 from Daytona yesterday there was a semi-tractor fire whose cargo was a total loss. It stopped I-4 westbound for 2 hours. Good thing I filled up the gas tank before I left, but I really needed a bathroom break.

Well, the cargo looked like generators or vehicles. They were completely incinerated and had to identify. I hope it wasn't anything collectible.

gringott likes this.
  7. mayhem

mayhem Другая перспектива Silver Miner Site Supporter

Retired
    Looked for someone trust worthy for a while back in Oct to take my Blazer up there. No-one trust worthy that didn't want a 50/50 split, so it's still in the garage. Asking 5k.