1. Markets swoon moving into Monday open, Metals catch a nice bid
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Monday Morning! Gold is up 8.8 to 1257, while Silver is up 18 to 1793. Crude is falling 40 to 4757. The USD is down 50 to 9893.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 3/25/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1248.50-- UP 18.30 Silver $17.75-- UP 34 Oil $47.97-- DOWN 134 TICS USD $99.42 -- DOWN 66 tics

Three More For The GIM Cop Haters

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by RUSH2112, Jul 17, 2016.

1. RUSH2112

RUSH2112 Gold Member Gold Chaser

Yep, America going down fast.

2. OverOver

OverOver Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

WTF?

3. Ragnarok

Ragnarok I'd rather be Midas Member

"GIM cop haters"?

4. Maximus

Maximus Silver Member Silver Miner

Must be a fellow revenuer.

Mujahideen likes this.
  5. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
    It would appear the lad is a tad upset about something.....perhaps the humidity...

6. BarnacleBob

BarnacleBob GIM Founding Member & Mod. Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

“Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other” (Luke 18:10–14).

Publicans are tax gatherers & enforcers, which have been traditionally been loathed & hated for their exploitations of the common people. Nothing has changed for thousands of years.

You say GIMMERs hate cops... I say Cops should be performing law enforcement for the community, not collecting revenues via quasi taxation. If the Cops want & seek respect, their job descriptions & duties must be returned to law enforcement & crime prevention.... instead of revenue collectors for the hidden bond holders!

mayhem, arminius, Goldhedge and 13 others like this.
  7. Merlin

Merlin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

So, back to the story of the Pharisee and the publican. The Pharisee's prayer revealed a prideful boastful man who was full of himself and felt superior to others. The publican, knowing he was a flawed sinner, instead sought mercy. My interpretation of the story is that Christ would prefer the man who prayed for forgiveness and looked for ways to improve his behavior. What did I miss?

8. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

I would love to be able to respect all aspects of policing, but I have seen its dark side.

From locking people up for victimless crimes, to throwing people into the system out of spite, to speed traps and stoping adults for jaywalking, that shit ain't cool and it's a significant part of what they do.

mayhem, Goldhedge, dacrunch and 9 others like this.
  9. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    *head hits tabel* "Ough!" What is it about this that no one understands?

We have a Jew
    We have a non Jew

The Jew has religious law
    The non Jew is just praying

Point: they both prayed for forgiveness yet one is supposedly better than the other or liked better, or.....whatever. So what is the difference between them? The difference is "you" are the judge, remember the point of both of their prayers was for forgiveness. The only discriminating circumstances is the prayers. No previous life exposition, no nothing. So God don't see you till you talk to him and at that point you are judged. And, yeah with a little help from the whild child you are fucked or saved.

Remember Jesus is telling this story so they are not praying to him, they are praying to God. You can fill in the rest of the blanks.

Goldhedge, Merlin and searcher like this.
  10. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

“Two men went up into the temple to pray;" = The 2 men were BOTH Jews. Non-Jews did NOT go into the temple to pray. Yes, there were Jewish publicans to collect taxes among the Jews. Matthew, as in Gospel of Matthew, was a Jew who was also a publican.

The Pharisee followed "the law" to a tee and therefore thought himself to be justified as if God is some sort of vending machine. The Pharisee put his "good works" in the slot and expected to be seen as a righteous man as if justification and righteousness is some sort of transactional thing. God does look on the heart. Moreover NO flesh is justified by the works of the law. Yes, Mr. Pharisee "looks" as righteous as an Eagle Scout but God is not fooled, neither is He amused

The publican, also a Jew, the chosen of God just like the Pharisee, was humble before God realizing that he is a man and knowing that NO flesh is justified by the works of the law and therefore NOT being justified he was NOT made righteous by the works of the law(See: Romans 3:20, 3:24/Gal. 3:11/ Romans 10:9,10), he simply recognized his condition in the sight of God and asked for mercy (the withholding of just judgment).

As to "GIM cop haters" I have NO clue who this refers to. I have seen no evidence of anyone hating cops. I, for one, hate what some cops do. I hate that cops are the equivalent of modern day Roman soldiers. I hate that cops exist to serve and to protect the interests and persons of the state governments. I hate that cops are called heroes for simply doing their jobs. I hate that cops are unaccountable for their actions. I hate that cops are made a class of "super citizen". I hate that because of these things the natural cause and effect of such stupidity by the government cowards that cops are now the targets I've warned about for years now.

Obviously I can't and wouldn't dare to speak for anyone else here but I'll repeat it again, I see no evidence of anyone at GIM being cop-haters.

solarion, mayhem, Goldhedge and 3 others like this.
  11. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
    The hate from the left is astounding. They hate with a vengeful twist that comes off as threatening. I don't like being threatened...but that just me. I'm a radical racist bastard. Does that make me a bad person?

12. Aurumag

Aurumag Seeker of Truth and Justice Midas Member

Illuminator
    Everyone deserves a fair trial, but the system has repeatedly demonstrated an unjust bias towards the new centurians who enforce the laws and provide physical security for the luminaries of said "legal system."

If I know that the system is rigged, and the LEOs knowingly work for the rigged system, then those same LEOs should not be surprised that others who know this, and who perceive that they have been screwed by that same system, may seek retribution against that system.

The LEOs on the street are the ambassadors of the legal system, and thus they are targeted.

mayhem, Unca Walt, viking and 4 others like this.
  13. Maximus

Maximus Silver Member Silver Miner

Guilt by association, thier standard applied back at them.

mayhem, Unca Walt and Alton like this.
  14. Malus

Malus Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

irrelevant
    How did this troll thread make it to the top?

Alton and gringott like this.
  15. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

a cop was being interviewed, and one of his comments was quite telling...........we don't have the manpower to fight crime, do the bidding of lawyers, be the babysitters ie domestics, etc.

paraphrased and not a quote for sure.

point is, and it was a valid point, we are asking the cops to do far too much for the position.

-they are handling rogue punks in schools
    -they are responding to thefts/burglaries/all the above
    -they are responding to fender benders/accidents/deaths/all the above
    -they are responsible to chase bears out of towns
    -they are responsible to serve papers on the populace as the humans look to screw each other in every imaginable way
    -they are to serve papers from the corporate overlords of both .gov and .bus
    -they are being asked to testify in courts
    -they are being asked to appear at all 'fire' calls
    -they are supposed to chase the drug dealers again and again as they walk repeatedly or are readily replaced
    -

you get the picture, the list of duties continues to grow that they are encumbered with.

couple this with the degradation of society, and the shitty work environment, and it is a wonder there are any good cops at all.

searcher and the_shootist like this.
  16. Mr Paradise

Mr Paradise Midas Member Midas Member

They have to sit in construction zones because no one has the time to do 45 for a few miles while their updating their fake book status.
    They have to go after the trucking industry because none of the flip flop wearing, English is a second language new breed of truckers can do a proper pre trip.
    Etc...

I'm not a cop pom pom shaker and I've ran into more than a few dicks in my life (including MP's) but I would not want to deal with chicago without the CPD out on patrol.

gringott and D-FENZ like this.
  17. michael59

20 years logging
    CPD.....Yeah....that 1 needs an x-plan-nation

Chickago police department. Got it

Still you reap what you soe....

18. michael59

20 years logging
    Oh boy, let's take the aspects of religion out of this and ...., .... And say they were paying tax's. They were there to pay their tax and they paid their tax so any endemic pretentiousness or lack there of is superfluous.

So then why the story and these two picked as main characters?
    Does this mean Jesus was a bit of a gossip?
    Is this a blatant violation of God-man confidentiality?

Yes Alton this little glimpse of master decision making shows a whole bunch of things and not all of them flattering, all one has to do is rip the prayer out of it and insert something else then question if this representation holds true to life. And, if not why; and, if so why?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  19. Flight2gold

Flight2gold Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

pilot
    No, It's a cleansing of the soul to admit our frailty's and move forward in life.
    And if you believe that from me I have a bridge to sell you. :))

20. Flight2gold

pilot
    From about the 1930's to sometime in 70's community policing was the name of the game. Shoot, some police didn't even carry weapons it was so cordial. The worst you might get would be a wooden shampoo. I'm not including localized spots such as gangster Chicago and mob areas.

Just a guess here, but in the 70's something changed - Heroin.
    People lost it.
    Big money.
    Weapons.
    Police responded in kind. No more hand shaking.
    Human nature takes hold.
    The drug dealers are rich so we can be also.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Mujahideen likes this.
  21. the_shootist

Architect
    How big is it?

22. the_shootist

Architect
    Those cops didn't have to deal with the inner city black thugs and the white guilt crowds. It's a different world out there

23. Flight2gold

pilot
    Bridge For Sale:

Beautiful, historic and rustic bridge for sale.
    Well built, dependable. Gives you access to all the enchanted isles.
    Structurally sound. Inspected.
    Why buy a large ugly pre fabricated bridge when you can have this wonderful, unique and special pedestrian bridge ?
    Reasonably priced. Economical.
    Made of natural materials and manufactured in the USA.
    Low maintenance.
    The bridge of your dreams.
    Don't look anywhere else for your next bridge.
    Contact the bridgehunter.net for all your bridge needs.
    Hurry, won't last long.
    Free hotdogs and drinks this weekend.
    Sales galore !!
    Will consider any reasonable offer.
    We heard that even Snow White used this bridge. ******see disclaimer below******
    [​IMG]
    * Disclaimer: Some statements made by the seller of this bridge can't be confirmed and should not be taken as fully accurate. The seller of this bridge is released from any liability in connection with this bridge after completion of sale.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    searcher likes this.
  24. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

That's what DOT is for.

Cops don't know what to look for in an inspection or know how to read a log book, and they shouldn't. Their focus should be keeping the peace.

searcher likes this.
  25. the_shootist

Architect
    Group buy?????

26. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

try crowd funding and see how it goes,

if'n you do ok, I too happen to have a very nice bridge for sale,

and it is a bridge over that swampland that other narethewells try to pawn off on suckers,

it is a really big bridge

a really great bridge,

:blond:

Flight2gold likes this.
  27. mtnman

mtnman Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Self Employed Ex-shipyard Machinist
    Maybe this is on reason why no one cares about police being shot...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ls-family-dog-AR-15-boy-s-birthday-party.html

Outrage as Oklahoma cop uses AR-15 to shoot dead family dog that was behind a fence during boy's fifth birthday party - after turning up at the WRONG address to serve a warrant
    • Vickie Malone said her son Eli and his fellow birthday party guests had just gone inside for cake on Saturday when they heard a loud bang
    • They looked out the window and saw three-year-old American Bulldog Pit Bull mix Opie lying on the ground bleeding
    • Family said a Wynnewood police officer shot and killed Opie with a high-powered rifled
    • The officer initially said the dog tried to attack him through the fence but did not offer any other reason for the shooting, family said
    • Police chief said dog charged the officer and that the shooting was justified

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...AR-15-boy-s-birthday-party.html#ixzz4F9sUMRTn
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

^updated^, Flight2gold and Mujahideen like this.
  28. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

1) I did not initiate the comparison using a biblical passage
    2) I merely clarified the passage for proper understanding of it
    3) you are free to believe whatever the hell you want...so am I
    4) I despise religion (see: Pharisee in passage in thread)
    5) Jesus, the Christ nor his Father, God, ever started a religion. Religion comes from the mind and heart of humans with encouragement from the god of this world.
    6) Gossip?!? God-man confidentiality!?! Has your hatred of religion turned into a hatred of God that you feel so free to pull false doctrines and lies out of your ass to obfuscate clarity of understanding His word and works? Really dude, you might want to clear your heart or get back on your meds.

29. the_shootist

Architect
    That cop should be hanged IF all that was described in that article is true. Unfortunately this type of thing being captured and shown on the net is escalating bitterness and hate for the police from people who otherwise wouldn't think that way. If they don't police themselves they're going to feel the pain of people's anger and it will be their own fault

30. michael59

20 years logging
    Alton you are funny. Your agitation is the antonym of the repose I expected.

Alton likes this.
  31. the_shootist

Architect
    OK, I need another cocktail before I try and decipher that Michael

michael59 likes this.
  32. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

lighthousekeeper73 and southfork like this.
  33. searcher

34. searcher

35. searcher

36. searcher

Mujahideen likes this.
  37. searcher

38. searcher

39. searcher

40. the_shootist

Architect
    The original OP was right....I hate all these 'cops' in this thread

searcher and southfork like this.