1. The USD and Stocks continue to power up, with Crude now catching a bid on a breakout of old highs
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Thur Morning GIM! Gold is up this am 6.7 to 1240, while Silver is up 4 to 17.99. Crude is up 68 to 5427. The USD is up 12 to 101.32.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 2/17/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1239.10-- Silver $18.03-- Oil $53.78-- USD $100.95 -- Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1304.51 (1), SAE $21.15 (20)

Tiger Woods Is Falling Apart and so Is Nike Golf

Discussion in 'Golf, Football, and all Ball sports' started by Scorpio, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Tiger Woods Is Falling Apart and so Is Nike Golf
    Nike's golf business continues to struggle as its biggest star remains off the course.

Brian Sozzi

Jul3,201612:20PMEDT

Jim Cramer Says Weakness in Nike Is a Buying Opportunity

Editors' pick: Originally published June 30.

With a surgically repaired back keeping golf's biggest spectacle Tiger Woods off the links, the Nike (NKE) golf business he once put on that back is struggling.

Nikereported this week that sales at its golf business plunged 8% to $706 million for the fiscal year ended May 31. Excluding the impact of the strong U.S. dollar, sales dropped 6% from the prior year. It was the worst-performing business for Nike in terms of sales last fiscal year.

Weak sales for Nike golf -- which represents about 3% of total sales for the apparel and footwear giant -- has now become a recurring theme in recent years with the injury prone Woods being spotted less in riveting final rounds of PGA Tour events and other Nike product endorser Rory Mcllroy lacking the star-power of Woods.

STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks with serious upside potential in the next 12-months. Learn more.

Sales for the Nike golf division fell 2% to $771 million for the fiscal year ended May 31, 2015. Excluding the impact of the strong U.S. dollar, sales were unchanged from the prior year. Nike golf didn't light up it up on the sales line the year before, either. Nike's golf division saw sales relatively unchanged at $792 million for the fiscal year ended May 31, 2014. Excluding the impact of the strong U.S. dollar, sales rose a meager 1%.

Adding insult to injury for Nike here? People are back out playing more rounds of golf, which is spurring sales of new drivers, shoes and irons.

Earlier this year the National Golf Foundation reported, for the first time since 2012, the number of golf rounds played in the United States increased in 2015. Helped by a warmer than average winter, golf rounds played increased 5.5% in the first three months of 2016, according to Golf Datatech. In March alone, rounds played boomed by 13.2%.

"Some brands came out with some really great product that captured the imagination of the golfer," said Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) CEO Ed Stack on a May 19 call with analysts. Stack praised all of the big names in golf product manufacturing but Nike for their latest innovations. "Taylor Made with the M1 and the M2 [drivers and irons], Callaway with the Great Big Bertha [driver], and there has been some new shoe designs out from FootJoy -- so, there has been some good products out there."

[​IMG]

Adidas is on the comeback trail not only in the sneaker business, but also in golf.

Same-store sales for Dick's Golf Galaxy chain rose 1.7% in the first quarter, while the golf business inside of Dick's stores did slightly better, according to the company.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/136...e-golf.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO&yptr=yahoo

2. Silver

Silver Gold Member Gold Chaser

Woods has been one of the biggest collapses of golf fame I've ever witnessed. Before he started going under the surgeon's knife, he was playing at a level all his own.

3. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

Tiger was something before his wife picked up her very first club

4. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    yeah ^ that was the beginning of the end for Tiger...

5. Flight2gold

Flight2gold Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

pilot
    Years ago everyone commented on Tigers golf swing. Incredible release and drive distance.
    Unfortunately the human body was not built to withstand that amount of torque forever.
    Surgery, drugs and human frailty are a bad combination.

Joe King likes this.
  6. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Tiger Woods out of US PGA Championship and will not play again this season as recovery from back surgery rumbles on
    • Tiger Woods will not play again this season as he continues to recover from back surgery last autumn
    • Former world No 1 has withdrawn from the US PGA Championship
    • American misses all four majors in same year for the first time

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-3698142/Tiger-Woods-PGA-Championship-not-play-season-recovery-surgery-rumbles-on.html#ixzz4EwWYgj3z
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

7. searcher

Tiger Woods acting as American tactician as he plots how to win the Ryder Cup back from Europe
    • Tiger Woods is helping to plot America's bid for Ryder Cup success
    • Woods has been out for a year following serious back injuries
    • But he will take on a vice-captain role for the US in Hazeltine
    • The former world No 1 has suggested pairings to captain Davis Love III

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-3720754/Tiger-Woods-acting-American-tactician-plots-win-Ryder-Cup-Europe.html#ixzz4GNp5MBez

8. searcher

Nike announce they are to end production of golf equipment, leaving Rory McIlroy's £155m deal in limbo
    • Rory McIlroy is among the star names associated with Nike Golf
    • Northern Irishman signed a bumper deal with the sportswear giant in 2013
    • McIlroy will have to find new supplier of clubs, balls and bags imminently
    • Nike have revealed intentions to cease production of golfing equipment

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-3722678/Nike-announce-end-production-golf-equipment-leaving-Rory-McIlroy-s-155m-deal-limbo.html#ixzz4GNpNqihc

9. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter

Architect
    Tiger who?

Zed likes this.
  10. searcher

11. Uglytruth

Uglytruth Gold Member Gold Chaser

[​IMG]Maybe they should try marketing to woman like Elin Nordegren. Hear she swing s a mean club.

REO 54, andial and searcher like this.
  12. searcher

13. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter

Nice picture Ugly glad I checked out the thread.

14. ErrosionOfAccord

ErrosionOfAccord #1 Global Warmer Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Energy Extraction
    Went shopping for some summer clothes a couple of weeks back. Hit JC Penny's and Sears who had little in the way of shorts. A little disgusted I moved on to the larger sporting goods stores wherein I found Nike and Underarmor products. Simple fact is that those brands have priced themselves out of the market. My wages are nearly twice the median income and I am somewhat vain about my clothing choices but there was no way in hell I was going to spend $60 on a pair of shorts. Less advertising and sponsorship would do Nike well. As for me, I'll go on Amazon and buy Izod. I like Nike and UA but not at those rediculous prices. If I don't feel the value then the guy pulling in $40k with 1.3 kids and a wife surely can't feel it either. I bet the wife can though, and she's probably the only reason these companies continue to exist.

gringott and Goldhedge like this.
  15. searcher

16. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter

Architect
    This halfrican is still around?

17. REO 54

REO 54 Midas Member Midas Member

Copy that. I shop sometimes at the Redmond value village ( second hand clothing ) in Washington, were the Micrsofties and other high end nerdo wells take there name brand clothing where I can buy for pennies on the dollar.

Eff that name brand retail noise. The only product I buy new is Filsons gear. Guaranteed for a life time and they back that up. Wear a coat out they will fix it free. If can't be fixed anymore, go to the rack and pic another out, no cost. I have done that. On my second coat (tins).

Wish I still had my original Nike AstroTurf shoes from 1976. Used 'em up wading in creeks fishing & snatching craw dads in Oregon. Damm things go thousands of dollars. Who knew....

searcher likes this.
  18. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

what we're witnessing is the breakdown of his mental programming (brainwashing, multi personalities, etc) -- as a child/teen he was worked over mentally just like the hollywood monarch slaves

as they get in their 20's-30's the thing comes unglued

his performance, while the programming was still in tact, is a testament to the science

the rest of his life will be hell...and not a long shot he doesnt live long

19. REO 54

REO 54 Midas Member Midas Member

Good to see ya EO.

gringott and EO 11110 like this.
  20. EO 11110

thanks reo :) i still stop by and read sometimes....so i feel like i'm keeping up with y'all. keep up the good work!

gringott likes this.
  21. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    EO, you have been missed.

EO 11110 likes this.
  22. EO 11110

thanks for the kind words gringott. i'm still here, learning from you all.

gringott and mayhem like this.
  23. EO 11110

article from 2000 talking about the dc intelligence officer that groomed tiger's mind. and didn't his father have similar background? this happened in california...THE snakepit of monarch slave programming

there's more info out there, this is just one of the pieces i've found

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/golf/the-shaping-of-a-masters-mind-708670.html

The shaping of a master's mind

The psychologist

Gerard Wright in Denver talks to a man who influenced the early Tiger Woods on his way to world domination

The Comet named Tiger Woods was always up there in the golfing stratosphere, doing what he alone does. It just took a while for that to be recognised and understood.

In 1993, he was playing for the US junior title at the Waverley Country Club in Portland, Oregon......

......Woods' caddie, a commanding officer in the US Navy, was also his sports psychologist, Dr Jay Brunza.

gringott likes this.
  24. OverOver

OverOver Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

Well get back here and add some stuff .

gringott likes this.
  25. mayhem

mayhem A Different Perspective Seeker

Retired
    Good to see you EO. Tiger's dad was also SO and to make it in SO you really need to be able to tune out and focus. I wasn't a huge Tiger fan, but could see the intensity even from the TV. Saw him play in Palm Beach Gardens and live was even more impressive. Shame he come unwound and abused his body to the degree he did. The year he came out all bulked up striving for that extra yard by strength was when I knew he would develop back problems. I believe he just made some bad decisions and they cost him....a lot.

26. searcher

Tiger Woods to use Bridgestone golf balls as equipment change continues following Nike exit from the sport
    • Tiger Woods announces sponsorship deal with Bridgestone Golf on Thursday
    • Woods to use the Bridgestone Tour B330-S ball exclusively when he returns
    • The former world No 1 is preparing for a comeback following 16 months out
    • Woods forced to change his bag following Nike exit from club and ball business

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-4037674/Tiger-Woods-use-Bridgestone-golf-balls-equipment-change-continues-ahead-comeback.html#ixzz4Sw3RJktJ

27. HardCurrency22

HardCurrency22 New Member

He's past his peak. Time to retire and teach. Also can't believe he would cheat on his wife. What a dime!

28. searcher

Tiger Woods might not be able to play at any level again, says former coach Butch Harmon
    • Tiger Woods withdrew from the Dubai Desert Classic before his second round
    • The former world No 1 shot a disappointing 77 on day one at Emirates Golf Club
    • Woods' manager, Mark Steinberg, said his client had suffered a back spasm

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-4192122/Tiger-Woods-not-able-play-level-again.html#ixzz4XuJS19d8