1. Stocks rebound yesterday to plug their losing streak, metals pull back
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Weds Morning! Gold is down 3 to 1252, while Silver is down 8 to 18.16. Crude is up 27 to 4864. The USD is up 9 to 9964.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 3/25/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1248.50-- UP 18.30 Silver $17.75-- UP 34 Oil $47.97-- DOWN 134 TICS USD $99.42 -- DOWN 66 tics

Trump calls CNN fake news in press conference.

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by 917601, Jan 11, 2017.

1. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

image.jpeg Good for him....wow, finally a leader willing to stand up in front of America and say what needs to be said. Hopefully CNN will be bankrupt soon for lying to America for years.

2. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter

He kept cool, the media and democrats and neo-cons are all going after him and Putin because Russia killed the crap out of ISIS who were tools of the media and democrats and neo-cons, and Mr. Trump is on board with what Putin did.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  3. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Trump calls Buzzfeed 'a failing pile of garbage' for publishing 'Russian hotel sex blackmail dossier' and refuses to let CNN 'fake news reporter' ask a question at press conference
    • Donald Trump went after Buzzfeed and CNN on Wednesday during his first press conference since being elected to office
    • 'Buzzfeed is a failing pile of garbage and they're going to suffer the consequences,' said Trump
    • That comment came one day after they published a 35-page dossier claiming he was being blackmailed by Russia, who had video of him with prostitutes
    • 'I'm not going to give you a question, you are fake news,' Trump told Jim Acosta when he tried to ask a question
    • CNN anchor Jake Tapper stood by their original claim that the two-page synopsis they reported on was seen by President Obama and Trump
    • Just minutes later however, an official statement from CNN dialed back on that and said that the synopsis had been 'prepared for' Trump, not 'presented'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4110300/Trump-calls-Buzzfeed-failing-pile-garbage-refuses-call-CNN-fake-news-reporter-publishing-dirty-dossier-press-conference.html#ixzz4VUAvF500
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

4. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Bout dam time, the whole firkin medias corrupted along with .gov

Uglytruth and gringott like this.
  5. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

REMEMBER Folks, The NDAA that CONGRESS past and OBAMA SIGNED into law ALLOWS our precious .gov to now LIE to American Citizens. Aka "PROPAGANDA".

I remember as a kid in the '60s when the word "PROPAGANDA" was solely tied to the Big Red Menaces - The USSR and Red Commie China.

Now US .gov has joined the party. And now NO .Gov can be trusted for facts.

Lie to the GOOBERMINT - Go To JAIL.
    GOOBERMINT LIES - Well, You should expect that. "Move along now".

phoneman, REO 54, searcher and 6 others like this.
  6. 917601

I would not go that far as to say the whole media is corrupt, did you watch the video? Did you notice the huge applause after Trump called CNN "fake news"...the room was full of reporters that obviously agreed with Trump's "accusation"...

phoneman, GOLDBRIX, Silvergun and 3 others like this.
  7. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I can't wait until Trump drops an F-bomb before saying FAKE NEWS.

GOLDBRIX and gringott like this.
  8. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter

Just started watching the OANN news network, new cable company, I bet one of their reporters was cheering.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network

GOLDBRIX and gringott like this.
  9. 917601

....Time Warner ( TWX) did recover back to 93.80 by end of day, darn....no better way to get the " fake news" media ( CNN) attention by having their backers ( investors) lose lots and lots of money. For those unaware, Time Warner owns CNN.

gringott likes this.
  10. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    Liars thieves and scumbags. Kick 'em out of the press room.

searcher, 917601, GOLDBRIX and 2 others like this.
  11. Ensoniq

Ensoniq Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Free Marketeer
    Trump stacked the deck. He had invited guests in the back

Smart man, outnumber the enemy if you can

This remind me of Reagan's first presser where he told them to quit screeching sit down and raise their hands if they had a question

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Son of Gloin, 917601, D-FENZ and 3 others like this.
  12. Silvergun

Silvergun Silver Member Silver Miner

Land Surveyor
    I agree that there are some REAL journalists that still are clinging to their jobs who are patriots, but I bet you their top management shuts them down. I doubt the people holding the strings of those news outlets were clapping.

andial, GOLDBRIX, stoli and 2 others like this.
  13. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

The left wants diversity in appearance only, but not in opinions. Their undoing is their groupthink. That's how they lost the election.

14. Mr Paradise

Mr Paradise Midas Member Midas Member

Buzzfeed is owned by NBC.

andial, Ensoniq and gringott like this.
  15. gringott

N/A
    Buzzfeed = NBC = Comcast
    Brian Williams = MSNBC = Comcast
    Telemundo Station Group = NBCUniversal TV Group = Comcast
    Anybody seeing a pattern here?

andial, GOLDBRIX and Mr Paradise like this.
  16. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
    You and I grew up in the same world bud. Imagine growing up in today's world?

Uglytruth, GOLDBRIX and gringott like this.
  17. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
    We just kicked Comcast to the curb a few months ago. I'm still basking in the afterglow!

andial, GOLDBRIX and gringott like this.
  18. gringott

N/A
    I wish I could but I would have to go back to near dial up speed.
    I only have interwebs but I hate sending them money.

19. searcher

Trump cranks up war on 'fake news' CNN by meeting AT&T bosses - as they seek his administration's approval for $85 billion merger which would give them news network
    • President-elect Donald Trump unloaded on CNN reporter Jim Acosta Wednesday over the 'terrible' network's 'fake news' after it reported on intelligence documents claiming Russians had compromising information on him
    • Thursday morning, Randall Stephenson, the CEO of telecom giant AT&T appeared at Trump Tower
    • He tweeted Thursday that the network is in 'total meltdown'
    • AT&T is seeking federal approval for its proposed multi-billion merger with the cable network's parent company
    • Time Warner owns CNN - but also HBO, the Warner Bros studios in Hollywood, and networks and cable channels including TNT and TBS and has sports deals
    • Trump has criticized the merger on the campaign trail; it is effectively a take over and AT&T are leading the regulatory charge

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4113614/Trump-cranks-war-fake-news-CNN-meeting-T-bosses-seek-administration-s-approval-multi-billion-merger-news-network.html#ixzz4VZG2edv9

Mr Paradise likes this.
  20. Mr Paradise

Mr Paradise Midas Member Midas Member

They did their damage. I overheard a few black guys here in Chicago talking about Trumps golden shower fetish.

21. Fanakapan

Fanakapan Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

I doubt Acosta will be able to get a gig with Chanel 9 OKC when it becomes clear that his ability to attend press briefings has been curtailed.

As for the rest of the Media, its got to be a safe bet that the incoming administration will be looking at how the MSM could be hit with the Sherman Act, and all of their shenanigans seem to suggest they know it ?

Son of Gloin and Ensoniq like this.
  22. the_shootist

Architect
    They probably wish they were in on it!

23. Ensoniq

Free Marketeer
    Hereafter referred to as Accosted

Someone_else likes this.
  24. latemetal

latemetal Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Trump said he did not believe the crap about the Russians and the reporters kept hammering him about it. I'm not sure who did it, but since they did not lie, I see no problems.

25. Ensoniq

Free Marketeer
    You think it's ok for a reporter to not take no for an answer and to argue with the President

I detest Obama but wouldn't have approve at all,if the scenario was flipped

Of course the questions Obama got were more on the order of whether his pillow was soft enough or how is lobster was last night

Son of Gloin likes this.
  26. the_shootist

Architect
    That's it right there!

Ensoniq likes this.
  27. latemetal

latemetal Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

No I do not, I thought it was rude as hell to keep harping on the subject...

the_shootist and Ensoniq like this.
  28. searcher

Meet the espionage firm which ordered Trump 'dirty dossier' - a secretive D.C. firm which has aided Planned Parenthood and attacked Mitt Romney's friends
    • Fusion GPS is the 'opposition research firm' that was hired to dig up dirt on Donald Trump in 2015 - which was published this week and quickly discredited
    • It sub-contracted Orbis Business Intelligence, run by ex-British spies Christopher Steele and Christopher Burrows
    • The search for information was initially catalyzed by a Republican donor, and then picked up by Democrats after concerns about Trump's links to Russia
    • The 'dossier' Steele compiled cites several unnamed Russian sources who claim Trump has been cultivated as an intelligence asset for years
    • Among the discredited claims was an accusation that Trump hired prostitutes to urinate on a hotel bed in Moscow while he watched
    • Fusion GPS did not just commission it, they also quietly touted it over the summer, sources say

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4114546/Meet-espionage-firm-ordered-Trump-dirty-dossier-secretive-D-C-firm-aided-Planned-Parenthood-attacked-Mitt-Romney-s-friends.html#ixzz4Vg6ve8AX

Ensoniq and andial like this.
  29. Aurumag

Aurumag Seeker of Truth and Justice Midas Member Site Supporter

Illuminator
    That's it.

Stop right there.

Who is the Republican donor?

Hang him first as an example.

30. searcher

Fake News: The Fake-Stream Media Devours Itself

-- Published: Tuesday, 17 January 2017

By David Haggith

When their Anointed One lost the election, big television news networks and primary newspapers coined the term “fake news” because they were angry at alternative media for eroding deep into their domain. It was time to expose these fakers because audiences were fleeing to alternatives to establishment media as certainly as they fled to alternatives to establishment politicians.

Without a doubt there is a ton of fake news on alternative media sites, which often publish what works for them without much fact checking. So, to launch a war on their competition, the mainstream media employed their standard sound-byte strategy that has worked well for them in the past. They simultaneously started circulating the new talking point “fake news” to try to stop the migration of audiences toward alternative news sites. It was time to point out how they, the mainstream media, do a superior job of editing out the baloney for you.

Fake news spews all over itself
    Everybody else’s news became fake news, but the mainstream media’s own exaggerated and highly spun stories, which they ran day after day … that was just bedrock reality. Following Fox’s years of example, the MSM dropped even the pretense of separating their own commentary from news stories, and much of their news became commentary about alternative media; but the “fake news” mantra all backfired this time.

It only became all the more evident that the MSM was doing many of the fake stories, even as they commented against the fake news of the alternative media. Much of the news during the campaign had been the MSM’s own fake news like the endlessly repeated false fact that Trump has said Mexicans are rapists and all need to be sent packing. What he really said was that a certain few Mexicans who actually were rapists should have been sent back to Mexico because they were illegal aliens anyway, so why were we keeping them here? Common-sense stuff that most Americans (and probably most legitimate Mexican immigrants) agree with. Why are we keeping rapists here? Do we need them? Is it our responsibility to store them and feed them for Mexico? Thanks to the MSM’s sloppy handling of such nuances, however, much of the Hispanic community in the US believed as fact that Donald Trump thinks Mexicans are rapists.

Then, of course, there were all the stories about Trump’s lead advisor Stephen Bannon being anti-Semitic and working at an anti-Semitic alternative news site called Breitbart. (Wow! The MSM could kill two things they didn’t like with this one — Trump’s advisor and Breitbart.) Never did the stories mention that Breitbart was founded by Jews and is still owned by Jews, who hired Bannon because they like him, and that many of the editors and writers Bannon had working for him were Jews who think highly of him. All that mattered was that one writer (who was also a Jew) had published an article there calling another Jew a renegade Jew because he was, for a fact, a Jew and was renegade in that he was doing something that isn’t normally considered very Jewish. Well, that and the fact that Bannon’s ex said something nasty about Bannon’s opinion of Jews. (In divorce court, where we know ex’s never exaggerate or make false statements.) The MSM shared this fake news back and forth so much that it became another famous false fact that Breitbart is anti-Semitic.

Nevertheless, a lot of people were on to what was happening. So, when the MSM launched the term “fake news” millions of people readily grabbed the useful moniker and hung it like a lead collar around the necks of the MSM. They didn’t see that coming! Now, the members of the establishment media are beside themselves because they can’t claw the collar off.

Besides losing their audiences, the fake-stream media also finds they now face an incoming president who doesn’t even pretend to put up with their prattle and who is willing to simply ignore them as being too insipid to be worthy of his time. Instead, he refuses to take their questions and turns to their competitors:

The whole establishment press looks to be cracking up over the fact that the president-elect thinks he can ignore them. How insulting. How peevish. One of Whoopi Goldberg’s Five Talking Girls gave her view that she was actually “terrified!” (Chills. But, oh, how fun it is to watch: The ladies of The View go wild over Trump’s accusation of CNN’s fake news.)

The most recent and outrageous example of fake news came last week when CNN thought they could capitalize on a salacious and completely uncorroborated story about Trump hiring prostitutes to do naughty things to a mattress the Obamas slept on. CNN passed on publishing the baloney themselves because it didn’t meet journalistic standards (and, therefore, might easily turn out to be fake news). That, however, didn’t stop CNN from seizing the opportunity to tell the whole world as soon as an alternative news site (albeit a liberal one) published the scurrilous story. With CNN’s heightened publicity, the story exploded like a small fire given oxygen.

CNN thought they could wash their hand of all guilt because they righteously reported only the truth — that someone else had reported some likely fake news. Of course, they provided links to the story, which had its own links to the salacious document, in order to prove that someone had published this horrible stuff that they would never touch. Alas, their self-righteous attempt at arm’s-length, plausible deniability didn’t work for them, and they came out looking as dirty as the journalists who did published the story.

Then NBC took the high ground, digging into the fake-stream media. I have to say it is fun to watch them go at it. It’s like watching a dinosaur fight:

It’s fun, too, to watch Anderson Cooper stumble all over himself and then get schooled by Kelly-Ann Conway as he tries to claim that CNN held the moral high ground by only reporting that others had reported the fake news: (Again, almost hilarious)

“We did not publish the … unsubstantiated allegation,” said Cooper over and over. True. You only put up the bright neon arrows pointing to where this baloney mud-raking could be found. You were just a publicist for fake news, CNN. (However, when Cooper says CNN didn’t link to the Buzzfeed story, his is telling an outright lie. I KNOW because CNN was where I first found the story through CNN’s links. I had never heard of the story until they publicized it.)

“We didn’t put the poison in the caviar; we just told everyone where the buffet was that we knew was going to serve it … and that it was yummy.”

How’s that cop-out working for you CNN? Are people still stupid enough to buy into that kind of dodge? Apparently not. According to CNN, the flack they are now receiving publicly for their fake news isn’t their fault. It’s all Trump’s fault for having the audacity to call them out on it. He’s going to get them killed:

Poor, hated CNN. Fake news was so much more fun when people simply trusted you with it.

I do feel badly for them and feel they’ve been abused in that they have created fake news for so long, and they are only just now getting recognized for how good their fakery has been. The recognition has been a long time coming. And to hear now that people want to beat their reporters up when they are just getting recognized for how effective their fakery has been, that’s too much!

http://thegreatrecession.info/blog/fake-news-msm-devours-itself/

31. ABC123

ABC123 Silver Member Silver Miner

Wait I thought it was anonymous via 4chan that leaked this information. Or was it the firm as anonymous that leaked it through 4chan?

32. searcher

'Trump: Kremlin Candidate?': BBC doc becomes MSM manual to 'verified' journalism
    RT

Published on Jan 17, 2017
    The BBC's flagship current affairs programme has aired an edition on the alleged financial ties between U.S. President-elect Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin. It also reports on whether Russia played a key role in Trump's election success. Making its assumptions very clear, the BBC called the programme 'The 'Kremlin Candidate'. RT's Ilya Petrenko explains how pulling-in the viewers often means rolling with the rumours.