1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Vlad The ......Christian?

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by Rollie Free, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Rollie Free

Rollie Free Midas Member Midas Member

I am starting the thread as a genuine, gosh darn discussion. I don't know what to think about Putin. I've has this shameful admiration for him and not sure why or if it's legit. Is he a cold blooded killer or a saint? His Christmas speech sounded like a mix of Paul Harvey and Billy Graham. His clever swats at whatever moronic blather from our dummy in chief spouts usually has me nodding my head.
    This is all so confusing.
    Is this guy really a follower of Christ or a manipulative demon?

http://hollowverse.com/vladimir-putin/

historyrepete, mayhem and Eyebone like this.
  2. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    So, can a real Christian be a cold-blooded killer?

Putin is a king, and if one were to inquire Biblically, one might be inclined to easily validate the question above.

The short answer is YES, hopefully dispelling the confusion inferred in the OP.

mayhem likes this.
  3. keef

keef Пальто Crude Platinum Bling

Retired Hoser
    Wow, I have had that same question for years.

First time I saw his face I said to myself, "This is the man who will one day nuke America."

Russia is a nation who has a history of destroying empires at their zenith.

I like to read peoples faces. My father taught me, "Son, learn to read a mans face, his whole history is written there."

Vlad has thee poker face. A pair of twos or royal flush? Like most he wears a mask, but his is like the walls of the Kremlin.

His New Years address spoke volumes, sounded like Billy Graham without the preaching, still poker faced.

Then I found an obscure Q&A Vlad did with young Russian school children. Putin dropped the mask, was all smiles and turned into Art Linkletter, 'Kids say the darndest things.'

One child asked, "Mr Putin, do you swear?"

Putin almost blushed and said, "Yes, I sometimes do, but always at myself, never another." He humbly added, "I need to pray more."

He is a real Christian in my estimation. One who keeps his faith private, but speaks it through action.

mayhem likes this.
  4. glockngold

glockngold Gold Member Gold Chaser

No calling out of members!
    Wait...
    nevermind..:oops:

5. mayhem

mayhem Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

I believe he is very much a Russian Orthodox Christian. One of the first things when coming to power was to reopen and rebuild most of the churches that were closed by the commies.
    Is he a killer? Well anyone can be one, but from what little I have read he was involved with the Admin levels of the KGB, just like 95%+ of the CIA are just paper pushers. Just the media creating a boogie man. I believe he is the real deal and that has a lot of pressure on him. He goes on retreat every summer for two weeks at a monastery.

I agree with keef, he appears to be a master poker player. And that New Years address was outstanding.

michael59 likes this.
  6. mayhem

mayhem Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

7. bb28

bb28 Silver Member Silver Miner

Actually, there are zero examples of cold blooded Christian killers in the bible.

bb

8. tom baxter

tom baxter back from 2004

Retired now
    He's a politician, that's all I need to know about him.

9. keef

Retired Hoser
    T
    The last thing I would want is an argument of religion on top of an argument of politics.

Too many fking nuts with pet beliefs.

Wait, that would be myself included or I would'nt think for myself or frequent gold forums since 1998.

'Christian' means NOTHING. The term is not even in the Bible. They were simply referred to as 'believers'.

King David was a 'believer' and he killed mo fos like it was going out of style.

We have this pussy concept of Jesus. False.

Never confus kindness with weakness.

Read Ezikeal after watching 'Pulp Fiction'. The Samuel Jackson character shows the 'tough' side of the Western Character.

If God of the Bible tells you to, "GO TO HELL", straight to Hell you go.

Now is this true or not? Vlad seems to think so.

The toughest guys I know are believers.

Aurumag and mayhem like this.
  10. tom baxter

Retired now
    It was actually, only twice from memory. Believers First CalledChristians” in Antioch ACTS 11.
    The point is they were called that by unbelievers wanting to tag them. So yes, the word means nothing, or should mean nothing to a believer.

11. iconoclast

iconoclast Seeker Seeker

Truth Seeker
    I read an article that said the Intelligence Community thinks Putin may have a form of Aspergers.

12. Rollie Free

Rollie Free Midas Member Midas Member

Of course it does, it's means follower of Christ. Not sure where the complication of this is coming from.

13. tom baxter

Retired now
    Well it does, you are right, but since the very beginning there have been divisions and schisms among the believers in Christ. Today there are more sects, if you like, than probably any other religion on earth, with each sect claiming to be the true faith and having a unique name for itself, but every one of them identify as Christian don't they?

Do followers of Christ today want to be associated with the "Christians" who committed murder in northern Ireland, or the Christians who perpetrated the Inquisition, or the armies of Christians that conducted the crusades? I wouldn't want to be. I personally believe if Christ had wanted his followers to be called Christians he would have said so. But he didn't, the name was imposed by the secular world, why? For the sole purpose no doubt of differentiating the disciples of Christ from other Jewish religions of the time. Feel free to call yourself a Christian if that's what you believe though, we are all free agents.

stonedywankanobe likes this.
  14. bb28

bb28 Silver Member Silver Miner

This is actually a complex topic. Many of the US founding fathers and others claim to be Christian and simply aren't.

Being a Christian is having a heart response to the gospel teachings and receiving the holy spirit as a result. Most so-called Christians have a mental/intellectual acknowledgement of the gospel teachings and never progress to living their lives based on faith. The proof is when you go into some of their churches, you cannot tell the difference between the so-called Christians and the world.

Then there are groups that have distorted the gospel message like LDS, Joseph Smith and the Roman Catholic church. The only way you can judge who is a Christian is based on their fruit from what the bible says it should be. Obviously someone who performs murders and crusades is not demonstrating the fruit of the holy spirit as a person who is becoming sanctified.

I've had the same type of response. I'm not ashamed of the gospel message or to be called a Christian, however it does carry with it some ungodly connotations I would rather not be associated with.

bb

Aurumag likes this.
  15. iconoclast

iconoclast Seeker Seeker

Truth Seeker
    You won't find the word "trinity" in the Bible either.

Aurumag likes this.
  16. SWRichmond

SWRichmond Seeker Seeker

Here are my thoughts regarding Mr. Putin.

He is the leader of a nation which is not known for democracy, and which has a large population of rural / underdeveloped land and people living on it. He is as ruthless as he needs to be in order to maintain control. I believe he wants what is best for Russia, but he has also (reportedly) enriched himself personally beyond belief. I can say I admire his foreign policy accomplishments. I can say I admire his willingness and ability to say he is going to fight ISIS and then actually fight ISIS. I can say I admire his obvious intellect and leadership ability. Compared to Putin, Obama is a petulant child who would never have a place on the world stage without the economy and military built by others before him; YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT, OBAMA.

That does not mean I want to take warm showers with Putin. Is he any enemy of the US? In many ways, yes. Can he be trusted? Trust, but verify. Is he Christian? Why does that even matter? The West are the ones provoking Putin by moving armies around and placing missiles on Russia's border. I admire his restraint, and I believe that restraint is at least partly based on his knowing how little ability he has to project power globally. However, I still think it would be a big mistake to get involved in a land war in Europe with Russia, and of course this nuclear sabre-rattling being done by the West is quite literally insane. If Putin can resist that, then I genuinely admire him. Do I want him to be my leader? Fuck no. I DON'T NEED A LEADER.

Mujahideen, Aurumag and D-FENZ like this.
  17. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    Just curious how you feel about Mr. Donald J. Trump as your leader.

Personally, I want to have a leader that I can follow and work with. I have been appalled by and ashamed of my so-called leaders since I could legally vote.

Since I am a staunch nationalist and highly resistant to the NWO, I also have respect for the leaders of other nations aside from my own.

That is why we have foreign consulates.

Trust, but verify indeed!

And while we are at it: Get the UN out of the US!

18. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    He is the political head of the orthodox church. And, the way I read it was all those who were before him and all who follow fill the same position.

Kind of makes one rethink the all who came before, does it not?

19. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    I view Putin as a competent leader; but not as a president, but more like a mob boss.

Putin will kill innocents if need be and not lose any sleep over it. Is that what is determined to be "Christian"?

tom baxter likes this.
  20. tom baxter

Retired now
    No you wont, it's a Christian doctrine, an add on. The sort of thing that makes men dressed in long flowing robes feel important by espousing. If you look at how pastors, priests etc get their qualifications you will see each has to spend years in a seminary where they are taught the doctrine of their specific "faith". They come out and take up positions in churches fully indoctrinated, basically unable to thing for themselves outside of a narrow range of acceptable options. If they deviate from these they are ex-communicated and the church loses it's certification, it's brand.

Even the word 'Church' is meaningless today, except in a religious sense.

21. tom baxter

Retired now
    Exactly. A mob boss. The boss of bosses

22. keef

Retired Hoser
    Now I am curious and need to get a good translation and read for myself. Unfortunately, I can't read Greek and don't feel like learning. (I assume ACTS was written in Greek as Luke the author was a physician and not aramic, language of the deplorables.

Translation very important on old manuscript.

Try reading Chauncer, Cantubury Tales (EARLY English) Very close to Greek itself. Then read Milton, (MIDDLE English, much like KJV of The Holy Bible) or Oxford Translation of Plato.

Middle English is the language of poets, speaks to the heart. Our modern English is more like fodder for rsppers. Poetry that says NOTHING.

SO, thanks for the inspiration. I needed to get back in that Book. A real translation.

Again, I am not familiar with the term 'Christian' except when feeding those pesky newcommers to Lions.

Believer? Thats a yes/no question.

Christian? Not relevant.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  23. keef

Retired Hoser
    The 'Godfather'? Interesting concept.

I have always viewed the mafia and the vatican as two sides of the same glove.

Had to do something clever to maintain order after vandals/deplorables trashed Rome.

24. iconoclast

iconoclast Seeker Seeker

Truth Seeker
    The State, regardless of what you call it, is nothing more than organized crime legitimized because it make the laws. This country will also kill innocents and have done so and not lost any sleep over it. It's the nature of the State.