1. TGIF! Starting off today in good shape on metals as they continue to show green with gold +3.2 to 1160 and silver at +.06 to 14.91. Resistance lies just ahead for gold and silver. Crude punched thru to 34 early yesterday, then came rolling back to under 32 by days end. Volatility still high. US Dollar finally slowed the descent this am, and at +.10 to 96.59. Nikkei was down hard early and finished down ONLY 256 pts. US Jobs report today that will move the markets.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Need more resources for the Industry Links. Have some guns/ammo, preps, pm dealers, and charts, but need more to make it a go to resource and replace bookmarks. Please send me a conversation with your ideas for others we should add. TIA. Together we will make it a great resource.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 1/30/16 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1116.40 Up 20.10-- Silver $14.24 Up 18 ct-- Oil $33.62 Up 3.23-- USD $99.65 FLAT-- Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE $1177.16 (1), SAE $17.83 (20)
  4. Please use the following for log on: www.goldismoney2.com We have moved to a new server. Please reset bookmark accordingly
  5. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

"Wheat Pennies" @ 3-1?

Discussion in 'PM's - Coins - Numis - Base Metals' started by B2 Stealth, Mar 12, 2013.

1. B2 Stealth

B2 Stealth New Member

.mil (RET) / SR SYS ENGR
    $1.50 for .50 of average/sorted? http://www.coinstudy.com/lincoln-penny-value.html / Key dates way more.

Here to learn!

Seems I started keeping these a LONG time ago just because... Kind of a cheap way to collect and that's what we could afford. Seems I have a "VDB" but not THE VDB!

B2

Beyond the junk silver, I quit paying attention but sadly just learned about the WWII Nickels... Likely missed a small fortune.

Call me insane, but I dump every bit of change I receive back into some money bags for "mad money" -- Adds up quickly; free coin-sorter @ the bank. Kind of crazy how fast pocket change can add up but I'll now pay a bit more attention!

2. wiper

wiper Seeker Seeker

teacher
    i have 2 boxes (5,000 total) and probably another $10-$15 worth. 3c isn't an awful price if you're buying in bulk, but obviously don't believe the 'never been searched' nonsense. :)

i don't really go out of my way to buy them i just toss 'em in the wheat bucket when i'm hand-sorting.

3. B2 Stealth

B2 Stealth New Member

.mil (RET) / SR SYS ENGR
    Oh I meant to sell... I had no idea the average wheat was worth 3x by itself and quit culling a few years ago. I probably have about $15 that might have some of the more pricey 1909-1939 range.

Something for the grand-kid to do in a few years. ;)