1. Deustch Bank worries roil world markets. World stocks struggling again this am.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Fri morning. DB worries and metals catching a bid. Gold +3.8 to 1325, while Silver is +16 to 19.35. Crude is down 58 to 4725. The USD is +20 to 9568.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 9/30/16 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1313.30 DOWN 24.20-- Silver $19.21 DOWN 60-- Oil $48.24 UP 376 TICS--- USD $95.38 DOWN 0 tics-- Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE $1387.06(1), SAE $22.32 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

"Wheat Pennies" @ 3-1?

Discussion in 'PM's - Coins - Numis - Base Metals' started by B2 Stealth, Mar 12, 2013.

1. B2 Stealth

B2 Stealth New Member

.mil (RET) / SR SYS ENGR
    $1.50 for .50 of average/sorted? http://www.coinstudy.com/lincoln-penny-value.html / Key dates way more.

Here to learn!

Seems I started keeping these a LONG time ago just because... Kind of a cheap way to collect and that's what we could afford. Seems I have a "VDB" but not THE VDB!

B2

Beyond the junk silver, I quit paying attention but sadly just learned about the WWII Nickels... Likely missed a small fortune.

Call me insane, but I dump every bit of change I receive back into some money bags for "mad money" -- Adds up quickly; free coin-sorter @ the bank. Kind of crazy how fast pocket change can add up but I'll now pay a bit more attention!

2. wiper

wiper Seeker Seeker

teacher
    i have 2 boxes (5,000 total) and probably another $10-$15 worth. 3c isn't an awful price if you're buying in bulk, but obviously don't believe the 'never been searched' nonsense. :)

i don't really go out of my way to buy them i just toss 'em in the wheat bucket when i'm hand-sorting.

3. B2 Stealth

B2 Stealth New Member

.mil (RET) / SR SYS ENGR
    Oh I meant to sell... I had no idea the average wheat was worth 3x by itself and quit culling a few years ago. I probably have about $15 that might have some of the more pricey 1909-1939 range.

Something for the grand-kid to do in a few years. ;)