1. Should be a chop day as all await the announcements from jackson hole tomorrow
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Thurs am. Metals are quieter so far today, with Gold down 2.85 to 1326, while Silver is down 7 to 1847. Oils are down 13 to 46.64, while the USD is down 14 to 94.61.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 8/20/16 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1342.20 UP 3.30-- Silver $19.31 DOWN 39-- Oil $49.11 UP 4.62--- USD $94.48 DOWN 120 tics-- Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE $1410.44(1), SAE $22.38 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

When They Come For Your Guns . . . You Will Turn Them Over

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Joseph, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Joseph

Joseph Gold Member Site Supporter Gold Chaser

slacker
    Dollar Vigilante

"When they come for my gun, they will have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands," is a common refrain I often hear from the Neo-Cons when there is a threat, credible or otherwise, that the US government is going to take their firearms.

And, when I hear this crazy talk, I agree with them openly. "You are right. They will pry your gun from your cold dead hands," which I often follow with the question, "And where will that leave you except face down in a pool of your own blood the middle of the street, just another dead fool resisting the State?"

http://www.dollarvigilante.com/blog/2012/7/30/when-they-come-for-your-guns-you-will-turn-them-over.html

Attached Files:

2. Eyebone

Eyebone Gold Member Gold Chaser

Whats your point?

Resistance is fu-tile?

3. Mr Paradise

Mr Paradise Midas Member Midas Member

Remember in the beginning of Star Wars the stormtroopers blast through a hatch cover on Princess Leia's vessel and then come charging through the opening.

The first two Stormtroopers get wasted.

kerdasi amaq likes this.
  4. Aussie

Aussie Silver Member Silver Miner

This may be a stupid question, but since firearms are not registered (permit holders etc. excluded), how will they know who has them and who doesn't . . ?

roadgold likes this.
  5. Joseph

slacker
    Not sure yet. I don't think so - but the idea that either our very own local police, US military or UN soldiers would walk down our streets with armored tanks and automatic weapons is something to think about, so I'm thinking about it. The folks in the gulf who were first victimized by Katrina and then by LEO when they forcibly took their guns didn't think about it ... in time

6. Joseph

slacker
    Oh - well never mind then.

I'll get right down to Obie-Wan's Discount Light Sabers, and stock up this weekend

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    Mr Paradise likes this.
  7. Joseph

slacker
    It's not a stupid question. Its what keeps me from getting a CWP or CCP

Aussie likes this.
  8. GOLDZILLA

GOLDZILLA Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus Midas Member

The best trick is to allow them to fill up their trucks with stuff everyone has handed over, and then when the trucks are fully loaded, take them back any way possible and give them to folks who won't give them back. There will be more of them than you house to house, but there will be more of you than them on the streets.

Tbonz likes this.
  9. Eyebone

Eyebone Gold Member Gold Chaser

I've though that its a pity we don't have some day to day diary's from men who lived during The Revolution and the years leading up to it.

There must have been some confiscations before the attack on Lexington/Concord.

My People finally realized that they must fight together or be "assimilated".

10. Goldfinger

Goldfinger Silver Member Site Supporter Silver Miner

Hey, if you guys are just going to wait around for them to come get them, you might as well go ahead and turn them over now.

11. Bx3

Bx3 Silver Member Silver Miner

I think the question is of the extreme. Nobody will be "coming for your guns". There are many states that aren't free anymore and have severe firearms restrictions. To my knowledge none of them have ever gone door to door. You can't tell me that there aren't tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands (or more) of "illegal" firearms still in those locations. Not even close to the majority turned in their contraband. Sure you don't want to be found to have those "illegal" firearms in your possession but the only way tptb are going to find out is if you talk, or if any one of a hundred bad luck events happen to you. Bx3

12. minimus

minimus Banned

Once the EPA outlaws bullets as a bio-hazard heavy metal and gunpowder as a carcinogen, the question of guns will be moot.

Sport and Solo like this.
  13. Lugnutzpop

Lugnutzpop Silver Member Silver Miner

sales
    I thought TPTB started tracking ammo purchases last year. So, if a person paid with anything other than cash, I would suspect they have the info in a database somewhere.

-L

14. Joseph

slacker
    It is of the extreme.

I'm not trying to fabricate some "over the top" Orwellian/conspiratorial nonsense here, but there is a word that describes just what you're saying Bx3 - it never happened before, therefore it will never happen and I don't remember what it is.

I guess the reason I posted this in the first place was because I've listened to many a man tell me how he has 356 guns in his house/safe/hideout, etc. and 1,245,600 rounds of ammunition. My thought after hearing those types of statements is always "Yes, but you only have two hands".

I doubt I would ever initiate an e-conversation like this if not for what has taken place in our country over the last 10+ years (maybe longer) - the TSA, NDAA, the unparalleled information gathering, wiretapping, phone tapping, NSA data center in Utah, FEMA camps, the seemingly endless gutting of our constitution, and what I believe to be the economic death of this and other countries around the world.

... or maybe I should just lay off the bath salts for a few days and keep a close eye on silver

15. Bx3

I think it's a valid question Joseph....just extreme.:biggrin: I don't limit myself to possibilities based only on history. The reality is however logistically impossible to go door to door in a nation of 300 million plus (firearms and populace). That doesn't mean that there won't be mouse traps (technology isn't our friend on this one) set up by tptb to ensnare those with lose lips/keyboards or the arbitrary bad luck incidents like a house fire, burglary etc that outs the owner of the contraband. That being said, I do not wish to live in a society where I become an outlaw because of the whim of tyrany. Actually we likely are all outlaws already for one reason or another.

As for having multiple firearms and a good ammo supply, 2 is 1 and 1 is none...... not sure what 356 would be other than a pain in the ass to manage.

I absolutely agree with you that we are headed down a very dark path and for the life of me I don't know what the solution is considering there are so many fronts to this assault. My Dad always taught me to be the gray man. That may be the best strategy for now......until it is not. Bx3

16. Spike

Spike Gold Member Gold Chaser

I know what the solution is, but I can't speak of it. Now restore my first amendment rights so no speech is illegal and we would have a solution.

Cause I and a few others have more then a few things to say..

Someone here said the other day....your second amendment rights protect your first amendment rights.....fail

17. DodgebyDave

DodgebyDave Metal Messiah Midas Member

OMG and now for a championship dumas award. 50, yes, 50 guns stolen from an avid firearm collector and Idiot Par Excellence.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime/over-50-guns-stolen-from-home

Oh yeah, they made their escape on a moped? That really doesn't add up. At least one thief, more likely 2, steal 50 guns on a moped?

18. Nickelless

Nickelless If coffee is gold, I own Fort Knox Midas Member

My firearms aren't "registered"--and only two of my current six guns have any kind of a paper trail on them. I have a lifetime handgun permit, but nobody except one person knows exactly what guns I have, and he's a relative and one of my closest shooting buddies.

I've never been asked to show my ID at Walmart when I make my weekly ammo purchases. I pay cash, and I'm in and out in about three minutes.

19. smooth

smooth Gold Member Gold Chaser

Looks like the LEO's will be spending some more time on the shooten range

20. Gold Rush

Gold Rush Gold Member Gold Chaser

retired military
    Sounds Unbelievable, but ok let's say two crooks made off with 50 weapons on a moped...tells me they didn't go far! that they live somewhere in the area..come on..two guys on a moped with 50 guns hanging off of them..is going to draw attention, and your not going to take a road trip with all that hanging off of ya..so you can be spotted by police..I get the feeling old boy runs his mouth off about his gun collection alot! that how the two moped bandits heard and knew about his collection...and he kept his collection locked behind a door with three locks on it...Hello! it was a hollow core door! really, you locked all these weapons behind a door made out of pretty much cardboard! :thumbs_up:

21. Sport

Sport Gold Member Gold Chaser

Computer hack
    I lost all of my guns in a boating accident. I am saving up to buy the first replacement. ;-)

Tbonz likes this.
  22. Unca Walt

Unca Walt Midas Member Midas Member

Remember in the beginning of Star Wars the stormtroopers blast through a hatch cover on Princess Leia's vessel and then come charging through the opening.

The first two Stormtroopers get wasted.

Dunno if the weakness of this medium caused what he is sayin' to get past you... To make sure it doesn't:

First two stormtroopers through Door #1 <--casualties
    Ditto Door #2

By Door #342,000... The stormtroopers are history. Archives. Footnotes in books.

45% of Americans own guns. There's 314,000,000 Americans. If only one in ten resists, that's 15 MILLION doors you gotta beat down where your stormtrooper loses at Russian Roulette.

23. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter

Slave, but a little less every day
    Further, there are more guns than total population.
    There are over 40 million households.
    How many " teams " do they have and how many households can they search in a day ?
    It is all about logistics.
    Not gonna happen.
    AND,
    If they even begin this the whole world will be watching.
    IMHO if this ever even begins to happen, then there are a whole lotta other problems afoot to worry about.
    ( like having enough ammo and beans and toilet paper---preps--to tide you over )

Unca Walt and Nickelless like this.
  24. Eat Beef

Eat Beef Gold Member Gold Chaser

You don't fight because you can win.

You fight because, win or lose, fighting is the right thing to do.

Some things are worth more than life. Sadly, most Amerikans have forgotten that.

25. Joseph

slacker
    His statement didn't get past me UW. We simply have different ideas as to how this far fetched scenario would go down.

Your scenario
    1> First two stormtroopers through Door #1 <--casualties
    2> Ditto Door #2

My scenario:
    1> First two stormtroopers through Door #1 <--casualties
    2> Next 15 stormtroopers light your house up with tear gas, flash grenades, and blow the front of your house, and you, into your back yard

It doesn't really matter - it's a moot point and a dead end conversation.

ciao

26. Professur

Professur Gold Member Gold Chaser

27. Joseph

slacker
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
  28. AG Stacker

AG Stacker Silver Member Silver Miner

I see this as you guys are in agreement.

3> First two stormtroopers through Door #1 <--casualties
    4> Next 13 stormtroopers light the next house up with tear gas, flash grenades, and blow the front of the house, and the people, into their back yard

5> First two stormtroopers through Door #1 <--casualties
    6> Next 11 stormtroopers light the next house up with tear gas, flash grenades, and blow the front of the house, and the people, into their back yard

5 or 6 houses in, the stormtroopers numbers begin to dwindle, assuming people haven't built death traps.

How many flash grenades does one need to hear go off before they know its time to execute their well laid plans?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    Nickelless likes this.
  29. SilverCity

SilverCity Gold Member Gold Chaser

retired aerospace
    Arm your neighbors. They can cover your back and you theirs...

SC

Nickelless likes this.
  30. Unca Walt

Unca Walt Midas Member Midas Member

There it is.

One specific individual may choose not to resist. Another will resist and open fire first, taking out a couple of goons before going down.

I, and a sh!tload of other Americans, fall in the latter group.

And the doorknockers will never know if it is a Joseph-type or an Unca-type who answers...

They cannot win.

Americans cannot win without casualties... but they CAN win.

southfork, Mr Paradise and Nickelless like this.
  31. stewie

stewie Gold Member Gold Chaser

That is part of the problem, so many people have them but have no idea what to do with them.

And I'm not talking about hitting a bullseye at a shooting range.

32. Joseph

slacker
    UW - you're a bit carried away with yourself and misunderstand entirely - a Joseph-type and an Unca-type are the same man when it comes to defending their homesteads. As long as I'm standing or crawling, it aint over.

If it comes down to heads up and toe-to-toe, they can bring a body bag for me, but would be well advised to bring a bunch of body bags for themselves when coming to Joseph's house.

My only point, which obviously got past you, was that one should not underestimate one's enemy.

Mr Paradise likes this.
  33. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

The Brits thought the same thing back in 1776, we showed them then and we will again, me thinks the writer does not know history, true there are those who will cower like the French but I stand with the patriots and know we will prevail.

34. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Mother Lode

It took over 100,000 troops to occupy Iraq, a country the size of a state.

There are 50 states, or 57 if you were born in Kenya.

Nickelless likes this.
  35. Professur

Professur Gold Member Gold Chaser

If you think that today's american has anything in common with those of 1776, you're delusional to the point of needing medicated. The brits back then had to ship everything 3000 miles by sail across the Atlantic. Your adversary today has been stockpiling against you, paid to do it by you, for decades. Domestic opponents 250 years ago were few and far between ... today, they outnumber you, and will sell you out for a crust of bread when the time comes. Unless you've got plans in place (now) to co-ordinate a resistance, you'll be crushed individually, one by one. You think their numbers will dwindle? Commoners will be lined up to join them ... they'll be the ones controlling who else eats. You'd do well to rewatch Gone with the Wind, and listen well to Rhett Butler when he talks about why the south will lose.

Argentium, Mr Paradise and Joseph like this.
  36. Mr Paradise

Mr Paradise Midas Member Midas Member

Yes, this is the part that worries me.

During the Battle of Berlin many a Frau gave up the hiding spot of her neighbors daughters so they would be raped by the revenge minded Russians instead of her own.

Irons likes this.
  37. Nickelless

I believe I have more of a personal stake in defending myself and my family from the goons than some people do, specifically the fact that my wife-to-be is disabled and would be considered "disposable" by the same people who want dissidents in this country dispatched at some point. Not to overplay any comparisons between 1930s Germany and the U.S. now, but the more I read about Hitler's rise to power and the marginalization and criminalization of dissent, the more parallels I see to what Obama has done to this country and would try to finish if he gets four more years. I have absolutely no qualms about dying to defend myself or my loved ones if the other option is slavery.

Unca Walt, SilverCity and Treetop like this.
  38. Bx3

There is only ever about three percent who will do the dirty work. Another small minority will side with tyrany and the majority will sit on the sidelines until there is a clear winner and then wrap their arms around the victors as if they were with them all along. Same as it ever was. Bx3

39. Nickelless

I think it was about one-third of the colonists who were involved in resistance against the British. But yeah, point taken. There's no such thing as being half-willing for this fight. You'd better be all in.

40. DodgebyDave

DodgebyDave Metal Messiah Midas Member

Catch 22. What do you do. What would you do? What can you do (with both a question mark and an exclamation point).

I posted the story about the theft (a real theft, it's possible that the perps left a trail of guns all the way back to the hide out, way more to the story than being reported) because "They" can come in the guise of authority and otherwise. Old boy wasn't prepared for moose snot. How could he possibly think that he was?

That is what boggles my mind. Bunch more out there just like him. Dumber than a hungry bluegill.

What in the hell do you do?

Scenario. 2 am gunfight erupts in your front yard. It has come home to you. Right there, right then. Bullets are hitting your house. And you know you didn't cause nothing. Not talking me here. Any of you guys that are super squeaky clean.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/31316006/detail.html

(background: Cop pulls over a car at 11:30 p.m, the guy doesn't stop, then stops and comes out shooting, runs and gets more guns, gets into anther car chase with the cops, drives into a dead end neighborhood, gets boxed in, tries to crash his way out in a hail of gunfire, gets boxed)

The Wrtv video is from the first stop. Looks to me like he has driven up into somebodies yard.

Regardless, in the right here and now, a guy is shooting at a cop in your front yard. Who's play do you back? Or do nothing?

As for me, yes, I'd back the cop (reality check. about the time you would react this one would be over. and now you are standing around with a gun next to a shot cop. brilliant). It looks to me like there is some time between the perp leaving and the cops back up got there. I would at least help.

Regardless of how you feel about cops, every once in a while they do get the right guy and save society some money. This time, too bad.

6 months from now, who knows. 12 months from now, all bets are off.

Time was never on my side anyway.