1. Finally, a week without a .gov holiday, oil catching a bid on hope
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Monday Morning! Gold starts the week down 1.5 to 1256, while Silver is flat at 18.34. Crude is up 50 to 5449. The USD is flat at 101.06
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 2/25/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1258.30-- UP 19.20 Silver $18.33-- UP 30 Oil $53.99-- UP 21 USD $101.09 -- UP 14 tics Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1309.66 (1), SAE $21.82 (20)

Why modern music sounds dead.

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by ErrosionOfAccord, Jan 3, 2017.

1. ErrosionOfAccord

ErrosionOfAccord #1 Global Warmer Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Energy Extraction
    Or maybe it just sucks. 13 minute RT expose' on auto tune.

Zed likes this.
  2. Jeff C.

Jeff C. Silver Member Silver Miner

The vast majority of current popular music sucks like a jet intake.There are SOME artists out there that are okay but a person must look very hard to find them.The crap that is spoon-fed over the radio is for those people who don't care what they listen to OR do not realize that there is a LOT of music out there that you must sift through in order to find what you want to hear.I would have to say that it is a lot like the news-----There are people who seem to operate on whatever is spoon-fed on MSM.They wrongly think that since it is on the television,then it MUST be true and correct information.They don't bother to sift through the information to get a deeper understanding of what is happening.In just about ALL instances that I have witnessed,these people seem to be the SAME people.Their political ideas are about as well-founded as their musical taste.I welcome ALL comments.

mtnman likes this.
  3. EricTheCat

EricTheCat Silver Member Silver Miner

You will get no argument from me and your analogy is spot on. I am lucky enough to live in the range of a few decent radio stations. 2 decent college stations and 1 good mostly member funded station. These stations really do the community a good service by exposing us to local music and good music long before commercial stations catch on to them (if they ever do) and the DJs really do get to choose what they want to play (within reason, they are still held to FCC regulations). They mostly play really good music from various genres and are a stark contrast from the commercial radio stations. I am often surprised by people's unwillingness to give the non-commercial stations a try. I guess some are just set in their way and I can honestly say they just don't know what they are missing. In general the commercial stations are doing everyone a huge disservice by playing only the big hits that everyone knows and often being stuck on just one genre.

There are some great artists now but don't expect the commercial stations to thoroughly expose you to them.

4. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

IMHO, the best genuine artist of the last 10 years- up until 5 years ago.

And then a classic.

Flight2gold likes this.
  5. ErrosionOfAccord

ErrosionOfAccord #1 Global Warmer Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Energy Extraction
    Norah is pretty incredible. I just put this one on the phone, found it watching Letterkenny. The recording is horrible but I really dig the sound. Video reminds me of my youth, young and dumb, not a care in the world.

6. Flight2gold

Flight2gold Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

pilot
    I thought with this thread you were headed down the 432 Hz to 440 Hz argument road.
    Outward vs Inward.
    Almost all modern music is played at 440 Hz.
    Doesn't resonate with what is natural.

rsz_screen-shot-2013-12-24-at-12236-pm.jpg

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    EricTheCat and ErrosionOfAccord like this.
  7. EricTheCat

EricTheCat Silver Member Silver Miner

Wow, until I read that I had never heard about the 440hz vs 432hz issue. As far as I know my guitar gets tuned to 440hz. Now I need a frequency counter (or I guess I could use my function generator to tune to 432 hz) to see what it's like being in tune with the universe. Sometimes I wonder why we arrived at the specific frequencies we did for the standard notes.

8. JayDubya

JayDubya Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Here's a great young talent. No special effects here.

She has several videos on youtube - search for Kala Rose

""

9. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Didnt know they still made music, from American Pie, the day the music died.

10. Flight2gold

Flight2gold Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

pilot
    I don't know if subscribing to all conspiracy theories involving the change of music from 432 Hz to 440 Hz is a good idea but there sure seems to be some truth there. Sometime in the 1940's music slowly started moving from 432 Hz. Then in 1953 440 Hz became the new standard tuning frequency as dictated by ISO, the International Organization for Standardization.
    I believe that there has been and will always be a war, of sorts, to control the subconscious mind of the people in subtle ways and slow creep.

“Alpha waves in the human brain are between 6 and 8 hertz. The wave frequency of the human cavity resonates between 6 and 8 hertz. All biological systems operate in the same frequency range. The human brain's alpha waves function in this range and the electrical resonance of the earth is between 6 and 8 hertz. Thus, our entire biological system – the brain and the earth itself – work on the same frequencies. If we can control that resonate system electronically, we can directly control the entire mental system of humankind.”
    -Nikola Tesla

EricTheCat and mtnman like this.