1. Stocks rebound yesterday to plug their losing streak, metals pull back
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Weds Morning! Gold is down 3 to 1252, while Silver is down 8 to 18.16. Crude is up 27 to 4864. The USD is up 9 to 9964.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 3/25/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1248.50-- UP 18.30 Silver $17.75-- UP 34 Oil $47.97-- DOWN 134 TICS USD $99.42 -- DOWN 66 tics

Your reaction when your Spouse gets hit on?

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by 97guns, Mar 20, 2017.

1. 97guns

97guns Gold Member Gold Chaser

RETIRED
    I've been in Vegas for the past 3 days and have seen my SO get hit on 2 times, #1 was Someone telling her she is beautiful and #2 was a worker selling tours outside Excalibur, he grabs her hand and hangs on, tells her how beautiful she is and that he wants to take her to dinner that evening. in the short 2 minute conversation he finds out her nationality, where she lives and probably tried for her #. Him being an employee of the property really passed me off and I've sent several emails to the establishment letting them know.

She gets looks and compliments so often, every day, but I don't really get pissed off, I am secure with our relationship and never worry about her but I'm feeling that one day I'm gonna have to put some dudes head into pavement, might even be today!

2. <===Foolsgold

<===Foolsgold Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

Have you shared that with her?

mayhem and GOLDBRIX like this.
  3. 97guns

RETIRED
    Shared what? That I see her getting looks and compliments? Not too much to do about that, but when someone touches her that is a line crossed, I told her yesterday that one day there will be fisticuffs

<===Foolsgold likes this.
  4. <===Foolsgold

<===Foolsgold Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

Yeah I meant the fisticuffs part. You are on vacation it should be fun not upsetting.

5. 97guns

RETIRED
    Oh we're having a blast, we laughed and made joke about every incident including the casual looks

6. 97guns

RETIRED
    I'm only upset because it was an employee, I do not expect my wife to get hit on by some working dude, that really pissed me off

7. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
    You're a lucky man. Be satisfied with that bro!

8. 97guns

RETIRED
    Well we're off to see the Grand Canyon, should be ok today unless some native Indian decides to make a move

9. D-FENZ

D-FENZ Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Wear it... Live it... Love it...

If you really are secure in your relationship then there is no reason to feel threatened.

I see it too sometimes but feel only smug gratification. What would piss me off is if my wife looked like a cow.

10. 97guns

RETIRED
    I don't think I feel threatened, I DO NOT like the idea of her being touched even in the hands, it's the first time seeing her touched and it was a different sensation for me than her just getting the looks and compliments

stonedywankanobe likes this.
  11. Uglytruth

Uglytruth Gold Member Gold Chaser

1. Don't go to places like that. The Vegas slogan "what happens here stays here" should have been taken as a warning.
    2. It probably works for them more often that not. People go there to let go.
    3. I'd walk up, kiss her neck, give the dude the hairy eyeball-o-death & walk hand in hand away with a nice smile.

michael59 and Howdy like this.
  12. BarnacleBob

BarnacleBob GIM Founding Member & Mod. Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

If he's unskilled labor get a good laugh, he cant afford her & tell him so! Window shopping is acceptable, but trying to buy something that is totally out of his budget is not, not even for a demo ride. If he's not qualified to test drive a Ferrari or Lamborgini he's not qualified to talk or touch your "not for sale" merchandise! Again window shopping is acceptable, touchy, feelie test drives are not. She will love it & you when you tell a window shopper they cannot afford the payments!

Thats how I've handled these confrontations in the past.

michael59, 97guns and mayhem like this.
  13. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

What was her reaction to said actions? Someone grabs my hand not wanting to let go, one thing I'm not doing is having a nice conversation that includes info about my personal details.

What he should have found out is that she didn't like having her hand grabbed and hung onto while being pumped for personal info.

14. Professur

Professur Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Someone hits on the missus ... I'm just standing back watching him trying to discover where his testicles went.

ABC123, mayhem and GOLDBRIX like this.
  15. D-FENZ

D-FENZ Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Reminds me of an incident many years ago in the West End District in Dallas when it was a gallery of bars, nightclubs and honky-tonks of every stripe.

I'm not one to normally ogle women, rather make a concerted effort not to. And I didn't realize I was this time. But across this one crowded, smoky bar was a stunningly beautiful woman that demanded an occasional glance. Perfect in every way. Her SO had his arm around her, sporting her like the trophy she was. But he obviously noticed my interest. I glanced over there once again to see him staring directly at me. I'm thinking my gawd ... busted! But that quickly he yanked her top up to show me the most gorgeous set of tits I have ever seen. She playfully swatted him but she loved it too. We all did. Good times.

16. <SLV>

<SLV> Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

My wife is young and beautiful. I don't really worry about guys hitting on her because the places we go don't have those kind of people. Maybe the problem is that your lifestyle brings you in contact with scummy people.

SilverCity and Howdy like this.
  17. stonedywankanobe

stonedywankanobe Gold Member Gold Chaser

I got 2 timed by a first rate lieing whore when I was younger. My first love, we had a 2 year old daughter together.

Caught her with another man in her car at a gas station one afternoon. Her windows were tinted but I could see a dude slumped on the passenger side hiding under a ball cap as she pumped gas.

She saw me pulling in and high tailed it inside.
    I walked up to the drivers window to confirm my suspicion and with a quick peek, indeed came a rush, and this would not stand.

I opened the door and ask this stiff of a man who looked straight ahead and not my way, "What the fuck are you doing with my woman". As I waited for an answer I felt the violence pounding in my veins as I watched him swallow the hard lump of knowing it was on, regardless of the words he chose.

" She's not your woman anymore" he says, To this day those words still ring in my ears... I jacked his jaw then punched my way through his seated Philly shell until I was on top of him in the passenger seat where I rained elbows to his neck and head until he napped but I wasn't satisfied...

I was still boxing his ears when the now x reached in and yanked my ponytail saying "oh my gawd, your gonna kill him"!

I said your goddamned right bitch and if you pull my hair again your next!... she ran back inside.

At some point soon thereafter I realised he had enough this go round and I exited out the passenger door, jumped up on the hood and kicked her windshield out.

Figure it served her right for breaking Stonedy's tender heart.

18. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

I'm single now, but how I see it is if someone can take my woman that easily then I have done something wrong and they are also doing me a favor because I don't need to be with that unloyal woman.

Being with me is the shit. If you think the next guy is going to treat you better then go for it, I hope it works out too; she deserves to be happy. But this party doesn't stop, it goes on with or without her.

If someone tries talking to her and her reaction isn't an immediate humble "sorry, I'm happily taken" she will be put on notice that I will be looking for a woman that does say that and the next guy who she doesn't say that to she might as well get with.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  19. 97guns

RETIRED
    She is Thai and has been in the US for exactly 1 year, she is the submissive/shy type and her English is VERY limited. She didn't pull away from him and I wasn't in immediate vicinity, I was maybe 20 yards away and didn't see it from the start but I did see the hand holding, it wasn't until she met up with me again that I found out what the conversation was about.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    ABC123 likes this.
  20. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    97G..s, She is not use to our customs you need to maintain a tighter rein until she is acclimated to American Ways.
    An American gal would have pulled away. And if "JODY" didn't get the hint then. That would be where I step in and JODY would be spitting teeth, as we walked away.
    4/5/6 years from now I believe you'll see a different version of your S.O.

Otherwise son you may have been her meal ticket out of Thailand. - To Be Determined at a later date.

Best Wish 97...

Bottom Feeder and 97guns like this.
  21. mayhem

mayhem A Different Perspective Silver Miner Site Supporter

Retired
    Your best explaination of the event. Yes she is probably new to this type of attention from the american egotists. It seems she handled it very well considering it was an overt act on his part. And I agree with notifying the hotel management, just understand that they probably get a hundred of these complaints daily, and it is hard to act on a he said she said complaint.

Smile and enjoy the fact that she is still beside you, that is a complement to you, and how you treat her, short, she is happy with you, forget the incident and move on w/a smile sir, you are very fortunate to have the company of such a secure woman.

97guns likes this.
  22. mayhem

Retired
    Well said GB. Yup, I would have not stepped in until she was uncomfortable.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  23. mayhem

Retired
    Oh, could I tell some story's about being with 10's. But I won't bore you tonight.

24. 97guns

RETIRED
    I know I'm very lucky to have this woman in my life and yes it is a totally different lifestyle and life all together for her, it has been a life changing event for the both of us. I don't mind her getting the looks, in fact on our way back from the Grand Canyon we stopped in at McDonald's for a drink and bathroom break and I saw wandering eyes on her, probably doesn't help that she has that beautiful natural tan skin, everyone notices it and that's why I think there will be an escalated incident in the future where I will go full retard

25. MIavatar

MIavatar Seeker

When one of my "Babies Mamas" starts acting crazy I just leave and spend time with one of the other ones. Not saying it's healthy or right. Cause it has brought me a lot of pain dealing with my kids, both financially and emotionally.

stonedywankanobe likes this.
  26. BarnacleBob

BarnacleBob GIM Founding Member & Mod. Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

Forget 10's, I prefer Elevens! LOL

mayhem likes this.
  27. Stop Making Cents

Stop Making Cents Seeker Seeker

Let me take a wild guess. The #2 worker was black?

28. Stop Making Cents

Stop Making Cents Seeker Seeker

Maybe you should try dating within your own race? Just a suggestion.

29. 97guns

RETIRED

Yep and for some reason blacks really can't take their eyes off her, we were waiting at a traffic light on the strip and there was a solo black guy waiting to cross, I pulled up so he was right at her passenger side window, I jestured towards him and told the wife "look at me, look at me" and within 10 seconds his eyes gravitated to her and did deviate until the light turned green and we pulled away. Not only does she have that beige tan but I think her luscious full lips gets the looks

30. 97guns

RETIRED

Maybe I am her race...., just a realization

Never had this attention with other woman I've dated

31. Thecrensh

Thecrensh Gold Member Gold Chaser

I wonder how I got remarried in the first place....

ErrosionOfAccord likes this.
  32. Zed

Zed Size doesn't count! Midas Member

Nuclear Technician
    Yes...

97guns likes this.
  33. Zed

Nuclear Technician
    Send her to self defence/assertiveness classes, she needs to have a bit of western attitude and a good put down. When in Rome kick the mofos in the nutz if you have to! Of course you might end up regretting that, not sure I'd teach my wife how to hurt me! :D

34. Zed

Nuclear Technician
    Ahhhhhh... the evils of alcohol! :D

Do priests breath test? :p

35. Agavegirl1

Agavegirl1 Silver Miner Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

You will not believe me if I told you.
    Speaking from an American Female perspective, albeit an older one...

She really does need to acclimate and assimilate to our culture. It is quite different. I learned this as a young army wife back in the 70's. The wives of guys from other cultures were always over at our apartment asking me how to be more "American". It was a real desire for them to understand why I did what I did and how to react to certain customs in our country.

That said, keep the above in mind and please, do not go "full retard" on the offending male. I can't think of anything more embarrassing or horrifying than my SO going after someone exhibiting the behavior you described. Once (my abusive) first husband cold cocked a guy for making a raunchy suggestion to me within his earshot and it was all I could do to not run away. I had to diffuse the situation so as not to get the police involved for the sake of our family. Eventually, when my Ex started hitting me, that ship sailed.

Being overly possessive to the point of violence is (for most women), not an attractive trait. It is not a flattering trait. It is a scary one. In a confident and committed relationship, you should know where you stand with your partner and feel content in the knowledge that you are the one they want to be with and the one they will go home with.

Just my two cents.

Agave

ABC123, JayDubya, glockngold and 5 others like this.
  36. 97guns

RETIRED
    I will not turn into Hulk for looks, remarks, compliments or whatnot but that green monster will definitely come out if she is touched inappropriately and I can see it happening with her getting so much attention.

One of these attentive males will undoubtedly cross that line eventually.

Mujahideen likes this.
  37. MIavatar

MIavatar Seeker

Sorry, just had to ask. Where did you get such a submissive Female? All the ones around here are viscous...

38. Zed

Nuclear Technician
    I agree and the girl in question can do a lot to aid that. Some seem to play on the attention which is going nowhere good, others handle things in a way that gives you confidence in them.

2c

39. 97guns

RETIRED

I met her on a pen pal site 4 years ago and went to Thailand 2 times to visit her, she is a coin collector and that is how we connected

I have dated American women and yes they were all viscous and cut your throat

40. Zed

Nuclear Technician
    Don't forget that constitutes assault in the modern world. Thump him and you are the guy getting locked up, notify the police of assault and he gets, at the very least, a hard time. Not very butch but effective...!