• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

1 Man Renovated His Backyard. What It Turned Into Is Incredible.

Scorpio

Hunter of elusive Beer Virus
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
1 Man Renovated His Backyard. What It Turned Into Is Incredible.

For some folks, they are perfectly okay with a traditional pool in the backyard.
However, for Imgur user, VonBubenberg, he wanted something different. In fact, he wanted something MUCH different. Rather than a swimming pool, he wanted a swimming pond instead. So he set out on a mission to build one, and did a pretty incredible job, too!

“At first it looked like someone was just too cheap to invest in a swimming pool,” wrote Reddit user, DainBramage23. “Then it turned into something way cooler and much more original than any pool. This is awesome!!!”

“Can’t say I was a big fan right when it was finished, but after that deck was added it looked great! Definitely compliments it well. Best of luck,” wrote another Reddit user, kickingturkies.

Check out the results for yourself and be prepared to be amazed. We certainly were!

slide show of the project at the link:

http://begrizly.com/lifestyle/diy/1...taboola&utm_campaign=backyard - desktop - usa

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
When finished, it looked beautiful. But I wonder how much work it would be to keep it that way. Every time I see a project where someone with money acquires gorgeous assets, I see at the same time a need for maintenance, for cleaning and weeding, for scraping and sanding and staining again. Looks like a whole lot of work to me as the years go by and as I get older ;(

Mujahideen

Essential Worker
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I hope he likes mosquitoes.

Silvergun

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I hate these websites that make you click through each picture...no thanks.

Alric

Midas Member
Midas Member
I agree that it does look pretty cool, and I also agree that it is probably a pain. I have seen a lot of people with just normal pools get lazy and not maintain them. I suppose if he gets tired of maintenance he can always throw some fish into it and have himself a real pond.