• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

100 oz JM poured silver bars having consecutive serial numbers

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Did a gold trade for silver today at my local guy to take advantage of the high silver to gold ratio.
What is interesting is that I just discovered that 3 of the bars, & 4 of the bars have consecutive serial numbers.

Does anyone here have knowledge that bars like this with consecutive numbers have any value over & above same bars that aren't consecutive?
Would appreciate any helpful information on this.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Did a gold trade for silver today at my local guy to take advantage of the high silver to gold ratio.
What is interesting is that I just discovered that 3 of the bars, & 4 of the bars have consecutive serial numbers.

Does anyone here have knowledge that bars like this with consecutive numbers have any value over & above same bars that aren't consecutive?
Would appreciate any helpful information on this.
How old are they?

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Not sure of the age.
I've tried to add pics but keep getting "the file is too large to be uploaded"

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You can just drop them here: - then right click *open image in new tab and paste the url in the image doohicky here.

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Thanks but I'm working on a Mac.
I will get this figured out & post pics later.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Not sure of the age.
I've tried to add pics but keep getting "the file is too large to be uploaded"
Thanks but I'm working on a Mac.
Me too.

Here is what to do.

If you want to keep the original size - you can open the picture (dbl click) in Preview and choose 'duplicate' under 'File'. You then work with the duplicate otherwise you'll reduce the original.

Then, go to 'tools' and 'adjust size'....

I select 50% it auto changes in both boxes. Close the picture.

Then try to post. If that doesn't do it, you can either redo the 'adjust size', or you can select something like 30% before you 'adjust'.

Eventually, you'll know the proper size pic (it tells you before you adjust) that you can post here.

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Here are four with consecutive serial numbers.
Thanks for your help on this.
Sorry for the bad lighting on the bars.

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 9.52.57 PM.png

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
"the file is too large to be uploaded"
Hey up Varmint,

my camera defaults to real really large pics,
when I put them on my computer, I have to resize them to 25% to get them to go in emails or here

fwiw

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Life is great!
I learn sumthin new everyday.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Well, I think you made a brilliant move getting them.

My wife has turned into a gold bug. For 30 years, she never even noticed. Now, I cannot sell gold for silver or she'll pee on my side of the bed, or sumpin'.

Never cross a redhead. So I guess I stay 50-50 as I have forever.

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Somewhat similar situation here at my house.
My better half hasn't paid much attention over the years to my obsession, interest, & acquisition of PMs. She has been great in letting me do what I thought was best for us in the long run. Her interest in this area has been increasing during the last few years which I am happy about since I want her to have some idea what to do if something happens to me.
Looks to me that we both are fortunate!

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
LOL...

You can also adjust the color! After adjusting the size, there is 'Adjust Color' right next to it.

I first try 'Auto Levels' which sometimes works. In this case it didn't, so I grabbed the rightmost arrow under the histogram and pulled it to the center. Too far and it washes out. Here is the result from copying (shift command 4) your pic here.

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 8.17.53 AM.png

I love Macintosh! They've figured out what a computer is supposed to be! Oh, and you can rotate it when it's open.

the 'other' option is to take the shot near a window without the flash. You can also put a white piece of paper or a handkerchief in front of the flash to 'dull' it.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
LOL...

the 'other' option is to take the shot near a window without the flash. You can also put a white piece of paper or a handkerchief in front of the flash to 'dull' it.
Well, dang. AGAIN I learn sumpin' useful from the savvy gang here...

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Thanks GH for fixing my pic & for passing on the know how!

So, does anybody here think these bars have any extra value because they are consecutive or are they only normal valued?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Thanks GH for fixing my pic & for passing on the know how!

So, does anybody here think these bars have any extra value because they are consecutive or are they only normal valued?
Naw. The hot items are typically 10oz and under with odd sizes being the most valuable to collectors. I posted one a few months back that sold for some gawd awful sum of 6x spot or something.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Here are four with consecutive serial numbers.
Thanks for your help on this.

View attachment 134731
Oh my, those aren't worth shit. Quick, ship them to me and I can see my way clear to pay 10% under spot!
No really, those are nice !!!!!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Beautiful bars. I’d think they would have a premium to someone out there.

You just have to find someone that wants to buy 400 ounces in one shot and is turned on by the numbers.

:2 thumbs up:
Yeah, toss it on Ebay with the bars sitting on the hood of a sports car getting stroked by a bikini model. That ought to help fetch a premium. :)

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Naw. The hot items are typically 10oz and under with odd sizes being the most valuable to collectors. I posted one a few months back that sold for some gawd awful sum of 6x spot or something.
I disagree! There are folk out there who would pay a nice premium simply for the cool factor. Remember, we're talking silver, not gold. 6-7 grand isn't that much coin for many people!

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Oh my, those aren't worth shit. Quick, ship them to me and I can see my way clear to pay 10% under spot!
No really, those are nice !!!!!
Why so generous? But I will consider your offer.
Ok, I'm done. Sorry, no deal.

Newmisty has the best idea in post #22 above!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I disagree! There are folk out there who would pay a nice premium simply for the cool factor. Remember, we're talking silver, not gold. 6-7 grand isn't that much coin for many people!
I'm going by actual completed auction listings. What are basing your assumption on?