• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

2017 National Toy Hall of Fame Finalists

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Got some good ones this year.
Clue
Magic 8 Ball
Matchbox cars
My Little Pony
Paper Airplane
Pez Candy Dispenser
Play Food
Risk
Sand
Transformers
Uno

Some of my time tested favorites on the list, in particular, Magic 8 Ball, Risk!, Paper Airplane, Sand, Uno.
My Little Pony hasn't yet met the "test of time" for me, seems too early. Not too sure about Transformers, after my time, although my youngest was fascinated by the videos as a child, however I don't remember him having a lot of the toys. Pez Dispenser wasn't really a toy to me, although everybody seemed to have at least one. Matchbox cars have crossed many generations now - however, we played with HO slot-cars back then, not so interested in non-slot-cars. Uno is a great card game, and of course who hasn't played with Paper Airplanes as a child. As for Clue, I say Colonel Mustard in the Library with the lead pipe. Play food? Kind of a girl thing.

You can vote here:
http://www.toyhalloffame.org/
Poll is on the right.
I voted for Risk! It was a tough call, as many here know, I make all my financial decisions [such as when to purchase PMs, in or out of the stock market, etc] using the Magic 8 Ball. However, I guess that makes it a favorite tool and not a toy. lol

I first showed the game of Risk! to my grand-kids on a cellphone, they were fascinated, then we broke out the board game and they loved it. So that is three generations still enjoying the game.

Here is a list of past inductees, alphabetical, with year of induction.
http://www.toyhalloffame.org/toys

brosil

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
This strikes me as a construct to develop jobs where no jobs were before. Still, as long as they don't make political donations, Play On!

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Evidently Slinky was to cerebral a toy to make the list.

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
No Weeble Wobble???

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
The list sounds like it is from the 80s but it is also missing Simon, the old electronic memory game. Other than that and the others mentioned, feels like I am a kid going through the old game drawer. :)

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
IMG_0727.JPG
You have to be kidding me Johnny lightning 500 race track isn't in the hall of fame?

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
What is already in this "Hall of Fame" and what is the criteria for entry? It would help if I knew why I was voting for what.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
What is already in this "Hall of Fame" and what is the criteria for entry? It would help if I knew why I was voting for what.
I can't explain it nor do I understand it, but any list that includes the Magic 8 Ball and the Game of Risk! is a list I like.