• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

2019 Predictions

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
I thought it would be a good idea to have a central thread for 2019 predictions, where we can accumulate opinions on the fate of precious metals, stocks, and commodities for 2019 from various financial elite, analysts, and newsletter writers. You're welcome to include your own thoughts as well.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
I'll start with a couple I've found recently:

Peter Hug, Global Director of trading at Kitco

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Lol, Bubba says buy silver!

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Gold and silver to da Moon!
The US bombs Iran.
Prez declares Martial Law and cancels elections.
Everyone forced into FEMA camps. They have the coffins ready.
Oh, wait... 2019?
Sorry, wrong year!

Last edited:

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
My predictions are that nothing eventful happens. Silver up a dollar, gold up 10-15%.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
My predictions for 2019:

Stocks are going to continue to go down

Gold is going to go down

Silver is going to go down big

Cryptos are probably going to go up

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
War. We have months. Commodities up big, dollar down big.

SC

Last edited:

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
The GSR will finally go below 80/1. ?????? Might go above 90/1. ?????

Last edited:

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
More % baby boomers retiring will take more out of 401k/markets than is being put in. There will be a push to put in more or new liabilities will be added to our ever growing list.

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I predict 2019 with have 365 days. Subscribe to my newsletter to get more inside information. I offer a 100% money back guarantee if not true. This is not some cheesy Trends info, but 100% honest fact. Step right up, how can you go wrong with this 100% money back guarantee.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I predict 2019 with have 365 days. Subscribe to my newsletter to get more inside information. I offer a 100% money back guarantee if not true. This is not some cheesy Trends info, but 100% honest fact. Step right up, how can you go wrong with this 100% money back guarantee.
I could use some inside trades like congress critters get

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Dow 18225
Gold 1142
Silver 9.95

Longer term, 30-50 years robots take over the workforce for the most part and AI controls the flow of everything. Further out AI decides that humans are a waste of time, energy and resources and the robots get rid of us. By 2400 AI and robots are branching out to take over the galaxy.

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Dow 18225
Gold 1142
Silver 9.95

Longer term, 30-50 years robots take over the workforce for the most part and AI controls the flow of everything. Further out AI decides that humans are a waste of time, energy and resources and the robots get rid of us. By 2400 AI and robots are branching out to take over the galaxy.
Doubtful...more likely we’ll be like the movie idiocracy in another 30-50 years.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Jeffrey Christian of CPM group is seeing $1300-$1400 for 2019 based on their CPM group analysis.
3:50 talks about 2019 gold prices

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Jeffrey Christian of CPM group is seeing $1300-$1400 for 2019 based on their CPM group analysis.
3:50 talks about 2019 gold prices

Geeeeee, way to go out on a limb there, "Mr. Christian!"

That's like a weatherman forecasting that the tomorrow's temperate might be 3 or 4 degrees warmer than today..

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Geeeeee, way to go out on a limb there, "Mr. Christian!"

That's like a weatherman forecasting that the tomorrow's temperate might be 3 or 4 degrees warmer than today..
I've followed Jeff Christian of the CPM group over the past 10+ years, and their predictions are always low during bull markets. In bear markets, their predictions don't account for wild upward and downward swings.
To me, this "1300-1400" call from Jeff Christian is very bullish because he is predicting we head higher this year. Even though it's not a bold call, it's a bullish call, which is all that matters. You have to keep in mind that very large institutions read the analysis of CPM group, so they have to be conservative in the targets they predict in public. They cannot set out a prediction of an extreme high or extreme low, but rather set forth a predicted average for the year, which is what he's doing here. Like I said, it's the direction, up or down, in his predictions that matter most.

Last edited:

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Jeffrey Christian and CPM have made a ton of dough teaching junior gold mining companies how to sell forward their production.

They are perennially wishy-washy. It's good for their business.

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
My predictions for 2019:

Stocks are going to continue to go down.

Gold is going to go down

Silver is going to go down big

Cryptos are probably going to go up
Not wholeheartedly agreeing. Personally, I sense PM's along with cryptos will be the 'in thing' as stocks and housing suffer from a near collapse of the banking sector. No bailout, the UK, in particular, a bail in will be enforced from frugal customers deposits as a last-ditch means to preserve their business model. I foresee a rush from toxic assets into safe havens which must also prove liquidity and out of reach from the ever oppressive taxman, also trying to keep the govt side of the past shenanigans afloat. But then, I wait in disbelief to what rabbit the orchestrators of this distorted economy will pull from the magic hat this time around.

From the past 80 odd years
Gold standard.
Dollar/oil standard
Fractional banking.
Fiat banking. Keynesian system abused
Credit based system.
Debt based system. Inflationary supply of debt based credit with record low interest rates.

All of these systems have enriched a few at the expense of many.

What other tricks can be pulled off this time I wonder, and with trying to maintain the 'free market theories'? My guess is we will have to wait to see what virus emerges from the EU monetary dept, Brexit or an Italian default will start to show who is wearing clothes when the tide goes out. My guess it's not gonna be pretty. But then, this economy should have corrected with the Dotcom bust, anyways, along come 9/11 and endless stimulus followed, with insane levels of national debts, and nearly 18 years later the global economy just ticks along. Bad news for GiMMers2, many of us believed in sound economic theories and have all been proven wrong. the Chinese miracle saved us all apparently.

Will just have to wait for the next circus and see what magicians show up at the next Fed board meeting.

SH

Last edited:

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Stocks go up or stay level.
Gold goes up 20% in 2019.
Dollar gets weaker in terms of goods.

Massive devaluation of dollar, only x amount of currency allowed to be turned into new dollar, those with massive cash holdings will get screwed. Anyone with hard assets and potentially equities will be safe (may get taxed for the artificial gain). This will all be sparked by the 'Chinese' releasing tons of fake bills now that they can counterfeit 1 to 1, also a convenient pretext for war. This is maybe a 1% chance of happening in the next 5 years but just thought about it last night.

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I see Bitcoin, currently in the 3500:1 range dropping into the sub-1000:1s by Dec. 31, 2019.

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Massive devaluation of dollar, only x amount of currency allowed to be turned into new dollar, those with massive cash holdings will get screwed. Anyone with hard assets and potentially equities will be safe (may get taxed for the artificial gain). This will all be sparked by the 'Chinese' releasing tons of fake bills now that they can counterfeit 1 to 1, also a convenient pretext for war. This is maybe a 1% chance of happening in the next 5 years but just thought about it last night.
Continued dollar printing.
Continued moderate gold price suppression.