• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

$45 army vinyl tarp, 10x15....

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
....I could not pass up this surplus Army 10'x15' Herculite vinyl tarp, still needs some " work", but just what is needed to build a Tipi that is large enough to build a campfire for warmth...ground print is 1o ft across, 10 ft high inside, 8 - 12 ft poles...first try for heat was a large coffee can home made Hobo rocket stove, puts out no smoke and just right for heat BUT it requires stoking with small branches and twigs every 20-30 minutes.

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Perfect for the kids and grandkids visiting for the holidays! LOL

Maybe we could build two or three of them...

SC

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My 25 year old son is coming for Thanksgiving, thanks for the tip. His old bedroom now has another purpose.
I'd better go out and get to work. Or maybe he can crash out under the deck.

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Video of quickest way to make the stove/ heater, about 45 minutes. While technically not a " rocket", it does preheat the oxygen thru the bottom and puts a swirling motion into the burn. I chose not to double wall it as I wanted it to radiate heat.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I used tomato cans to make hurricane stoves that boiled water and heated beans. We used sterno and candles as fuel. If the electric didn't come back on after 2 weeks we would have used farts.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Turn yourself into a warm teepee with a poncho and a candle. Warm and cozy while sitting in that foxhole.

Oh, and those tarps make great covers for deadfall traps on your property. Put a layer of leaves over them and uninvited government intruders will be saying hello to a pit full of bunji spikes the hard way.