• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

a example what we referred to, blockchain possibilities

Scorpio

VAX denier
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

New blockchain platform aims to track one third of all shipping containers globally​

Global Shipping Business Network launched a new blockchain-based platform to digitize the shipping process, and sought out key partnerships to target the Asian markets.

New blockchain platform aims to track one third of all shipping containers globally

NEWS

Global Shipping Business Network (GSBN) has launched a new blockchain-based platform that could potentially track one-third of shipping containers across the globe.
The GSBN was founded in October 2020 by eight global national freight maritime cargo companies to build a blockchain platform that digitizes shipping processes such as document issuance, clearance and logistics data.
Members of the Hong-Kong-based non-profit consortium GSBN are said to “account for one in every three containers handled in the world,” and this may soon be verifiable on the blockchain once the platform is fully utilized.
The GSBN announced the launch of the new blockchain platform on Sept. 8 in partnership with Oracle, Microsoft Azure, AntChain and Alibaba Cloud.
“As an independent consortium, it chose a best-of-breed approach to technology to ensure the infrastructure is strong, reliable and highly scalable,” the announcement read.
GSBN noted that the partnerships were sought out for geostrategic purposes such as Oracle’s global trade operating system and Azure’s service reliability in southeast Asia. Ant Group and Alibaba Cloud will be used for deployment in China.
To ensure information control by GSBN, the data will be encrypted before being sent to the blockchain platform which means the members cannot access the data without authorization. The consortium also emphasized that blockchain technology enables it to collaborate with “disparate and often competing market participants.”
In July the GSBN launched its first blockchain-based application in China dubbed “Cargo Release,” which was designed to speed up processing time by removing paper and storing data on the blockchain.
Related: Fruits of the land: Blockchain traceability gives farmers a competitive advantage
Around the same time the GSBN was formed in October last year, two of the world’s largest container carriers in CMA CGM and MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company announced a full integration onto IBM and Maersk’s TradeLens blockchain platform.
The competing platform offers supply-chain digitizing services, and the integration with CMA CGM and MSC brought data from nearly half of the world’s ocean container cargo to the TradeLens network.

Scorpio

VAX denier
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
for some years now, we have listened to a few who have been speaking to exactly this,

ie it isn't about chitcoin or other, it is about the tech, the blockchain and its infinite possibilities

the above is one example of that promise,

where it can be dialed in very specific, and with only authorized players getting and trading info

where multiple inputs can be created by players, and all players can see the monopoly board in the same way
who is where, who needs what, where are there too many, too little, etc.

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
The interesting thing, which is not mentioned in the article, is what this tech will allow. For example, a factory in China can ship a container to the U.S. When it gets scanned in the U.S. port, a bank or decentralized finance company releases funds to pay the the shipping company. When it reaches its final destination, a bank or decentralized finance company releases funds to pay the the shipping company. This automation and security takes a lot of risk out of the equation and can allow business partners or banks on the manufacturing and the receiving end to finance the transaction. It will allow manufacturers to get paid more quickly and reliably. It takes a lot of the friction out of trade.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
A long time ago, two guys were sitting in a commercial airliner. One guy was bemoaning his fate as an airline corporate executive because it was impossible to keep up with the ever-increasing complexity of routes and passengers, etc.

The other guy listened -- and changed the entire world by replying: "We can fix that so you are instantly aware of all those things." <-- That was IBM... and the birth of Boarding Passes for passengers and all the background that contained -- for every airline on the planet.

They (IBM) are in a world-changing locus/nexus again with this block-chain wizardry.

I am way too old for this. Because I can see a lot of gray-to-full-dark possibilities that could come about.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Yeahbut- my wife calls me Yeahbut. What has any of it got to do with chitcoin? Do they have a monopoly on the blockchain technology? And god forbid, will it gobble up another 5% of the global power supply to implement this shipping app gewgaw?

Seems to me that if the tech is going mainstream and everyone's in on it, the cost of the various and sundry chitcoins should go down. Waaaay frikin' down.

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Walt, the IBM-type angle has always been there, except it was on each airlines' private database.

What blockchain technology does is two things. First, it decentralizes the database. Every participant literally has an encrypted copy of the database. In the old days of computing, when memory was expensive, that would be the most redundant, foolish thing ever to do. But today, with cheap memory and communications, its feasible and opens up other possibilities.

If everyone has the same ledger, then it means that ledger is reliable and can't be faked. Think of a government land registry, except there are a million copies you would have to corrupt if you wanted to fake a deed

Second, multiple parties having access to the ledge will facilitate transactions in a number of ways. There are various types of smart contracts being developed where things happen like payment upon the achievement of objective facts such as delivery. Its a whole new ballgame and we are still in the first inning on things like that.

I will note that the banks, especially the central banks, are concerned and are developing competing systems. One reason for their concern is a crypto like Bitcoin is rules based, there is a finite number of coins and while the number of coins can increase to a maxium of 21 million the growth in the number of coins is orders of magnitude less than the growth in the size and the utility of the network. The inflationary aspect of fiat money, especially reasonably, is a strong reason to ditch dollars for Bitcoin. The motivation to do that is even strong in countries with less stable currencies than the U.S. and in countries with less liquid markets or with less developed bankin sectors (in other words, South America, Africa, most of Asia, and half of Europe).

There are a number of decentralized financial ("DeFi") companies in the the crypto space who are looking to replicate various finanical services, such as brokering, lending, factoring, payment systems, etc. This has the private banks and brokers concerned.

We live in interesting times.

Finally, as a point of reference, the price of one bitcoin would need to rise to about $500,000, 10X from here, for the value of all bitcoin to equal the value of all gold. If you think out 10-15 years, bitcoin could conceivable replace not just gold but most currencies (see El Salvadaor and Ukraine), so there is no reason to think it stops at 10X.

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Here is a free podcast that has an interview with a Duke professor who just wrote a book about DeFi, which is basically the applications of the blockchain beyond simply money.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I see Big Brother.

Am I alone with that?

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I see Big Brother.

Am I alone with that?
No.

We've already seen, in the last five years, the Digital Revolution bite us back. EFTs, digital credit sales, iPay, PayPal, all seemed wonderful...

...until we saw what happens when the data filters through the hands of people who see the world in very-different terms than what (statically) normal Americans see it.

What happens when the people who are greatest at coding are the misfits, the Autism Spectrum types on the short buses. How, once they learned to leverage power over those they hate, they could not WAIT to use it.

Angry, disturbed, sociopathic...and they, and only they, determine what those they see as their lessers may buy.

I don't know how this will work out; but I do know that once a technology emerges, there's a rush to proprietize it, limit access and create revenue streams. MP3s - I remember when Windows Media Player allowed conversion of any audio stream into an MP3. That feature is GONE. Conversion systems are either hacked/homemade or bootlegged from the third world.

I don't know how "blockchain" fits into managing containers. Is this a database on a flash drive or scanning bar on each container, or will a flash drive be delivered with other receipts with each container? And why would a manufacturer, or shipper, open up this data, instead of holding it on company and terminal computers?

What might be good for shipping streamlining, will probably not be good for some shippers' individual bottom lines.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Yes... I see a world of new intrusions that are very, very powerful.

Some folks see the equivalent of colorful hot-air balloons drifting. I see the equivalent of superfast armed jet bombers with night vision.

wastrel

Old New Member
Reaction score
If everyone has the same ledger, then it means that ledger is reliable and can't be faked. Think of a government land registry, except there are a million copies you would have to corrupt if you wanted to fake a deed
That's not quite true. If everyone has the same ledger, then everyone can check their copy of the ledger against each other, to verify that everyone does indeed have the same ledger. However, just because the ledger is distributed doesn't mean false information can't be placed on the ledger, and then distributed. For example, say a container doesn't make it to a port for some reason (fell off the side of the ship?) but the shipper pays the dock workers to falsely register it as received, so that the smart contract pays the shipper for it anyway. That would get noticed eventually... but it's spread onto everyone ledger by then.

I'm not saying blockchain ledgers are no good. I'm just pointing out that they're subject to the same Garbage In, Garbage Out rule that almost all automated systems are. There need to be additional checks to prevent bad actors putting bad data onto the ledger in the first place; the ledger in and of itself can't prevent that, without those additional checks.

Scorpio

VAX denier
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
using that logic, then there should not be stocks at all,
there should not be mutual funds of any type,
for that matter, there shouldn't be corporations at all

because if one is going to put up the standard that says anything created must have all hidey holes covered to prevent 'someone did somethings',
well then it would be a far different world

wastrel

Old New Member
Reaction score
because if one is going to put up the standard that says anything created must have all hidey holes covered to prevent 'someone did somethings',
well then it would be a far different world
Yes, it's impossible to cover all the hidey holes. My point was only that a blockchain ledger in and of itself can't verify that real-world events actually took place. Such ledgers could be a good part of a larger system or process that has verification checks that occur before supposed events are written to the blockchain.

Blockchains are great for cryptocurrencies because crypto is math, and (very loosely speaking) the math results are written to the chain, so other nodes can check the math of a proposed block to see if it's valid. Computers check math very well. How's a computer going to check if a ship really did make it to port, and that no one is lying to the computer? This is why when I see something being touted as "it's got a blockchain", I'm very leery about it. But maybe that's just me.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
what if i have three containers and simply change the labels on the outside of all three containers...like a three card monte?
these containers end up at different localities but the bill has already been paid out...

there will be a need for recourse in a negative fashion, that will be logged as going forward on the chain, but actually it's in arrears, that'll be interesting to see being reconciled

how about Garbage In and Garbage Out?

ledgers are only as good as the information being applied to the ledger and we know some humans are competitive liars

Scorpio

VAX denier
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
wow, pat yourself on the back for stating the obvious,

which has exactly nothing to do with blockchain viability or not...............

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
crypto is the new barcode?

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
wow, pat yourself on the back for stating the obvious,

which has exactly nothing to do with blockchain viability or not...............
sure it does...

the application has to have some foundation to begin with...simply having a bunch of data entered anywhere doesn't make any system fool-proof, and that's what any system, blockchain or not, requires

simply 'following something' electronically doesn't mean the system won't be corrupted in several years when it's all been hacked and corrupted...bad / false data entries and since it's electronic, we've already witnessed 'side tracks' get created to override some theft that happened somewhere...

we're attempting to discuss a functioning system with new technology, a system that creates a document from cradle to grave

and all i'm saying is, there's no such thing

that's like that old adage: Your Permanent Record

just because something's new doesn't mean it'll remain viable and without corruption...or does it even mean it's 'better'

and someone above mentioned the power required to use any block-chain application, the world is in dire need for more electricity-gulping technology...

just saying, it all matters and to someone, somewhere, it'll matter for far different reasons than we know...like everything else these days

and if i'm a bad guy, with you being electronic, you just made my life that much easier...everything goes easier with 'new technology'

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
i stepped aside and began to envision a system of 'blockchain' technology in an environment where everything is 'on-line' and a few clicks away from those with passwords and those who know the protocols and have proper authorization...

the blockchain, applying it like a permanent record, there could be side roads from adjusted transactions, there will be an end trail to the point that any use / value reaches zero, it will remain there, static, available for the world to see, for all of history, from zero, to it's end, at zero...all logical, all legal, all according to plan

and once a system like that reaches 'maximum capacity', all of the items on the planet have been counted and entered as data, and they run out of things for us to count for them, to enter that into the digital system, they begin to get bored and decide to begin to enter our journey through the world, step by step, into any 'blockchain' system...for; pick a reason, the census, our health, our children...

and we have to remember the hackers and the lost passwords but those won't be an issue with the amount of them that will have to be available if only for that many people to be able to enter into any such system...it could all be tied together to 'make it easier' but that also makes any centralized system easier to enter from side-doors accidentally left open....begin a new link and a repair link

...but, i realized, and as unfortunate as it may sound, all fatalistic and all that, the world is built on 'belief', i believe anything nothing but a closed-system, for any blockchain usage, would provide for the best security, but, at the end of the day, anything 'technology based' is ultimately going to be used against us because that's just what they do...humans that is

i would imagine the chinese are going to utilize any blockchain systems they have to control a myriad of access points, if only through mathematical sequences and statistical analyses

it'll probably be hacked, and when caught, the hackers will be executed, but when the Party decides to make any - course corrections - the main road probably gets erased from the chain and never appears again...

i say road, others may say tracks, others may think why isn't this guy using the word Link?

idk, all i think of with blockchain was the original belief it could never be changed, but damn if they didn't change it, they have made parallel chains, they've made replacement links, idk, the bad guys took some, some was created and given back...

i don't trust the application of anything right now

Scorp, i'm not so much as arguing with you or simply pointing out the obvious, i do that a lot, and i have to ask: isn't that enough?,

as i see it, this all as but is the chain, and they're offering us to put the bolt through the pieces around our ankles (for them)...it starts out as a risky crypto currency and suddenly it's the best thing that's been made for us to use, to track things, from cradel to grave

what i'm also thinking, the application of blockchain to inventory control, to container control, to boat control, to transportation control, to...whatever control they want eventually ends up on our laps and while there are live applications of blockchain currently being used, the expansion of any such system, at this particular junction of the road, one that includes live information on the web...

right now, it's not all connected, so that's an inconvenience to only a handful of people...connect it and then memorialize it with a chain and a block so that everyone is inconvenienced, no, so every one is 'safer'...that even sounds like we'll deserve exactly what we could get...

...no matter how it's applied, right now, it's all corrupted to the point, maybe we should wait for further roll-out of something that has critical applications in that it can be used for several different things, and one of those things could be us

it's like .gov won't allow us to play with laser guns, maybe we should hold off because we know what .gov is going to soon be playing with

that's all and i didn't really do that pov justice, i don't believe

eidt a few eorros..
sorry

GoldenPoet

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I see Big Brother.

Am I alone with that?
Big Bro wants in but can't control every crypto. There are privacy coins gaining huge followings. DERO, ARRR, Monero... and people are flipping NFT's for fun and profit.. those arent controllable either and are creating a lot of communities where people are making friendships. The decentralized web3 will make it very difficult for cabal surveillance. Also theres Handshake/Namebase domains. No Gov can censor those.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
No Gov can censor those.
to an extent, that is correct, they can't stop me from running a stop sign either, but in reality, they don't have to censor them all, just get enough of everyone else to censor, even if it's from a false threat...it's the same result but now they 'have it'... and the wild ride begins

like the neighbors fighting each other over masks, that didn't develop overnight and the reality is, they shouldn't be fighting at all, especially over the falsehood of masks...that's not the fight, that's the distraction that, in some cases, the winner demands the application of more of the disease...

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
i believe it's the same thing with cryptos...get people hooked on the greed, the software is the game, the gamers are simply beta testers who are 'filthy rich' right now to entice others to join their 'non-green game' and begin to see the software as just a piece of software, for now it's very profitable and will be remembered to be that way for a long time, as long as it's needed to support what's next: discussion of the many ways this new friendly software can be used: See, It's Really Not The Bogeyman, here's more cryptos for you guys...yeah, good, eat it up...and the profits? yeah, discuss it amongst yourselves while .gov checks the flow rate and data collection possibilities...the ability to change and manipulate while keeping 'open source' is but Beta Testing, i'd think that's what it would be called...

so we see it's a non-sequitur when it comes to thinking anything bad or poorly about any of it...except the cryptos are from nothing like fiat even worse you don't hold any of it and the blockchain keeps your permanent record...and even that can be changed...and some can be stolen if left 'exposed' whatever various methods that may ensue, it's been done

idk, sounds like Terminator, and i can't see any real reason it would gain widespread use amongst the sheep unless it was supported by those with money, and we know what the elite want to do to us, so...and they have lots of money...and pseudonyms and shill buyers and supporting distributors of their programs...

why not this one? it's more likely this is correct than not......

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
That's not quite true. If everyone has the same ledger, then everyone can check their copy of the ledger against each other, to verify that everyone does indeed have the same ledger. However, just because the ledger is distributed doesn't mean false information can't be placed on the ledger, and then distributed. For example, say a container doesn't make it to a port for some reason (fell off the side of the ship?) but the shipper pays the dock workers to falsely register it as received, so that the smart contract pays the shipper for it anyway. That would get noticed eventually... but it's spread onto everyone ledger by then.

I'm not saying blockchain ledgers are no good. I'm just pointing out that they're subject to the same Garbage In, Garbage Out rule that almost all automated systems are. There need to be additional checks to prevent bad actors putting bad data onto the ledger in the first place; the ledger in and of itself can't prevent that, without those additional checks.

Well that is a fair point to an extent. First, the distributed ledger does make the ledger more reliable except in the situations you mention. As for the situations you mention, you have a point, but perhaps my explanation of DeFi was not robust. Sure there are exemples where things work, such as repaying a loan and having your collateral freed up, and incrementally these smart contracts reduce friction that exist in the current system. I'm not expert on this, just trying to explain what all the excitement is about.

Scorpio

VAX denier
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
what i'm also thinking, the application of blockchain to inventory control, to container control, to boat control, to transportation control, to...whatever control they want eventually ends up on our laps and while there are live applications of blockchain currently being used, the expansion of any such system, at this particular junction of the road, one that includes live information on the web...

the thrust of this problem to solve can be done in a few different ways,

for instance, someone could create a constantly updating spreadsheet, where operators allowed access would add their information,
but think of how cumbersome that would be. Then to mention, the data you are looking at would constantly be out of date.

this is a way in which the information can be current to all parties at the same time. Then too, there is actually a possibility to sell the data by the providers. For instance a group could form, and they could all agree to input their data to the system, with only them having access. No profit there but data inputs. Now lets say this same group decides someone can have access to the data, not to modify it, but limited access to see the data. They then could state if you pay us x, you will be given a code to access the information.

again, this is already being done today, just in a less robust manner. You sign up for a newsletter from Zeal or some other, they put you on a list of 'paid', and monthly this newsletter comes direct to you. But, you have no access to how or what was wrote, only reading privileges.

and you are correct, it is a leap forward in technical capabilities,
many of the applications being ascribed are not new or different, but a much more elegant way of doing things.

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
Big Bro wants in but can't control every crypto. There are privacy coins gaining huge followings. DERO, ARRR, Monero... and people are flipping NFT's for fun and profit.. those arent controllable either and are creating a lot of communities where people are making friendships. The decentralized web3 will make it very difficult for cabal surveillance. Also theres Handshake/Namebase domains. No Gov can censor those.

think you may underestimate the horsepower of big bro. right now big bro's bros are ass raping the new meat

crypto will go how they want it to go

could the end game of the crypto scheme include people becoming walking barcodes? their personal ledger pinned to them by nyc/dc vipers

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
cryptoismoney.com? cryptoisaccounting.com?

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
There are kind of three main ideas in this thread:

1. What is DeFi, how is it something other than bitcoin?
2. What are the implications of DeFi?
3. Big brother will insert itself into crypto/DeFi.

I don't have much of a view on 3. Sure its a risk, but there is reason for some hope.

As far as 2/3, one example of DeFi is payment systems like FedWire, Visa, MC, Amex, etc. The Lightning Network is going to be adopted by merchants and has almost no fees. This is going to ruin the business models of traditional financial firms like Visa. They are trying to glom onto the Lightning network to reduce their cost structure, but its a retreating action.

There are two things to realize about these trends. First, we are very early. Crypto adoption might be at 1997-internet levels, and DeFe earlier than that.

Second, adoption of new technologies comes to people who are shut out or disadvantaged by the existing technologies. So Square, which is a payment processor, started with small merchants who were shut out or had to pay huge fees to banks to process Visa, etc. The adoption starts with these firms and their customers, and spreads through their networks. People on the top of the existing hierarchy don't notice because they have no need for an alternative. We are very very early in the DeFi space, and the winners have not been chose yet.

Scorpio

VAX denier
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Crypto adoption might be at 1997-internet levels

been having this discussion. Just brought it up with someone yesterday.

explaining where what we are seeing currently is like the internet back in the late 90's,
that became far larger/widespread/and more comprehensive than most could imagine at that time

now it seems to me that this is the next level from the internet roots

20-30 years from now we might be quite amazed that we were there for the genesis of it, the arguments for and against, as well as the shoulda woulda coulda's

one could argue very few can see where this actually all leads to longer term

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Going to lead to nothing good, IMHO.

I remember the promises the pundits made, regarding the InterwebZ. Free Speech to blossom. Everyone could be a commentator, and all our maligned views, those of the (then-called) Dittoheads, would be aired. Just as removal of the Fairness Doctrine brought in new voices, this would do the same.

And it did. For about ten years; until the forces of tyranny stepped in.

It was porn, of course, that was the instigator. Child pornography - who's in favor of that? I saw this coming when Cankles promised to put a computer on every school-child's desk. Then, we'd HAVE to censor it - For Da Childwen.

It actually came quicker, and at first with eager approval of the masses. Packet sniffers that could identify code sequences that indicated porn...don't know how they work; but apparently they do. Heavy controls; heavy moderation in what were previously-open venues.

And then, with Trump Derangement, it was all turned to POLITICAL views. With the acquiescence of the Demomarxist CONgress.

Hence the Internet is just an electronic DNC Newsletter and Fake Reality. Gaslighting 24/7. And getting truly dangerous, now, as the Davos Boys and Club of Rome have taken hold, with their eugenics Jab.

This, "blockchain technology" will be similarly abused. First offense will be digital central-bank currency. Second offense...what? Tracing products, to be sure that the person buying them is the person using them? Like, after my FedCoin is turned off for Twinkies, because I'm overweight...I can't have a neighbor buy some and then give them to me, for old-fashioned repayment?

Who knows, what evil lurks in the hearts of autistic tech dweebs.

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
it's not unlikely the whole crypto mania is a trojan horse, run by our favorite int'l bankers/communists

i can see each person assigned a crypto ledger. a major upgrade to the spy grid that supports the communist 'social credit' agenda

ds_mustang

Libertarian, Capitalist, Software guy
Silver Miner
Reaction score
You guys are good at complaining. Meanwhile I'm taking loans at 0% interest and investing the proceeds for over 15%. Without even having to create an account or enter my name or email. That is DeFi.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
You guys are good at complaining. Meanwhile I'm taking loans at 0% interest and investing the proceeds for over 15%. Without even having to create an account or enter my name or email. That is DeFi.
Leveraging with low interest.

I get it. Plenty of people have made their fortune that way.

But...debt keeps me up nights; and I've had cases (small-scale) where such a move didn't pan out; where I had to suddenly sell at unfavorable terms to cover or to answer changing circumstances.

Right now I'm 98 percent off-the-books, dark; and it's a much-more comfortable feeling.

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score

complaining? it's a little more nuanced

making money and looking at the future are two different things

i'm profitably trading ethe regularly. fading much of the crypto hype at same time

ds_mustang

Silver Miner
Reaction score
Just curious, are you claiming total anonymity?
It's not total anonymity because the exchange where I moved the crypto from knows who I am and that I moved coins into that wallet. But beyond that, all the DeFi protocols I've used have no idea who owns the wallet and they function without asking.

ds_mustang

Silver Miner
Reaction score
Leveraging with low interest.

I get it. Plenty of people have made their fortune that way.

But...debt keeps me up nights; and I've had cases (small-scale) where such a move didn't pan out; where I had to suddenly sell at unfavorable terms to cover or to answer changing circumstances.

Right now I'm 98 percent off-the-books, dark; and it's a much-more comfortable feeling.
Considering I can move the funds out of the investment to pay off the loan at any time, I don't consider it much of a risk in that regard. The risk is these are new protocols in a totally new digital financial system. It's possible there could be a bug or something in the protocol code where funds could be stolen or lost. That's a risk in all of DeFi.

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I've batted the idea around with family about doing crypto for raising funds for producing a movie.
"coins" sold to raise the funding and any future profits distributed to the coin holders. but i understand there are a crapton of laws involved with movie funding...

ds_mustang

Silver Miner
Reaction score
Video of a guy who used a DeFi protocol (Alchemix) to get a free boat. I'm not recommending Alchemix, it's just FYI.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
That, and that it's a dead, dying, art form.

How many people are in movie theatres these days?

Of those films produced, how many are done by people with talent and ideas, and how many are done because the principals are sodomites/females/nonwhite/Communist? Or, advocate destruction of the US?

What VIEWERS want, doesn't MATTER. It's what the key people in the industry want. THEY control distribution - to theatres (the few that are open) and through streaming and RedBox, whatever other outlets there are.

Just as today's automakers have to make cars to please REGULATORS, today, movie producers have to please the industry gatekeepers.

Public acceptance and sales no longer impress them. Because, today, it's not about money, but about stoking Revolution.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Video of a guy who used a DeFi protocol (Alchemix) to get a free boat. I'm not recommending Alchemix, it's just FYI.

Two words:

Bernie.

Madoff.

The sales pitch is filled with testimonials, not with any legal or other guarantee of principal or explanation of HOW, and how not to be swindled by the holders of your money.