• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

A record-breaking 31 House Republicans won't seek re-election in 2018

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Draining the swamp...

A record-breaking 31 House Republicans won't seek re-election in 2018

January 10, 2018

A whopping 31 House Republicans will not be seeking re-election in November, NPR reports, including Rep. Darrell Issa (Calif.), who announced his impending retirement from Congress on Wednesday. The 2018 GOP exodus is a new record: The last time there was such a massive departure from Congress was when 28 Democrats left in 1994, and Republicans subsequently seized control.

Most significantly, Republicans in states won by Hillary Clinton are leaving in droves. "Vulnerable House Republicans would clearly rather call it quits than stand for re-election with a deeply unpopular agenda hanging over their heads," Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee spokesman Tyler Law told NPR. NBC News' Jesse Rodriguez made a similar point:

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 9.56.49 PM.png

Twelve of the Republicans who will not be running for another term in 2018 will remain in politics, including Rep. Steve Pearce (N.M), who is running for governor.

Democrats would need to flip 24 seats to take back the House, with the Senate being more of a long shot; in the upper chamber, Democrats have to defend 25 seats and pick up an additional three in order to take back the majority. A Washington Post/ABC News poll from November found that hypothetical Democratic candidates are favored by voters against their Republican counterparts 51 percent to 40 percent. Jeva Lange

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
STOP STOP STOP with this "republican" "democrat" crap. It's one f'in party. This is just another game to be played so you take your eye off the ball.
Actions speak louder than words & these asshats have done nothing "conservative" they all take their marching orders from the generals.
My guess is the seats are filled by....... wait for it....... a very "young" (read down there for a long time) corrupt group of new asshats that sell their soul's to the NWO for their lavish life style's & pensions.
Really really bad "D" list actors at best.........

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
STOP STOP STOP with this "republican" "democrat" crap. It's one f'in party. This is just another game to be played so you take your eye off the ball.
Actions speak louder than words & these asshats have done nothing "conservative" they all take their marching orders from the generals.
My guess is the seats are filled by....... wait for it....... a very "young" (read down there for a long time) corrupt group of new asshats that sell their soul's to the NWO for their lavish life style's & pensions.
Really really bad "D" list actors at best.........
Well said ! Only a fool would argue with you !!!

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
STOP STOP STOP with this "republican" "democrat" crap.
appreciate the sentiment for sure,

yet, if all of those go dem, you can be sure tramps road will be much harder, and any ability to do much will be stonewalled even worse than it currently is,

so be careful of what you wish for, the devil you know could be far better than the one you do not.

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

yet, if all of those go dem, you can be sure tramps road will be much harder, and any ability to do much will be stonewalled even worse than it currently is,

so be careful of what you wish for, the devil you know could be far better than the one you do not.
We're fucked either way big bear

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Totally agree. That was my point. Russia, fake news, nothing is sticking to Trump so they are forced to swing DC the other way...... maybe just a little faster than they had planned but then look at some of the ages.......

Talked with a guy on that list recently and can personally verify that his main purpose for retirement is to spend more time fishing with his grandkids. Great guy.

Thanked him for passing the tax bill. Have had several accountants tell me that that should be very helpful to me. He said that he had actually been working on that for the past 8 years.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Mittens was the last Republican Party frontman before trump... I rest my case.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Making America Great Again - By way of rolling the dice.

I'm wondering if at some point Americans decide to vote 3rd party, I've been a long time doubter on that topic. The 2 party system long since became extremely powerful and the media has a firm grip on the sheeple.

Last edited:

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Wow! So afraid of the expected Trump backlash or resigning for grabbing bootie? Pedophiles? Dems have more backbone? Grab fewer booties? Fewer pedofreaks? Think Killary will save them? (Hey! They ARE libtards!)

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Making America Great Again - By way of rolling the dice.

I'm wondering if at some point Americans decide to vote 3rd party, I've been a long time doubter on that topic. The 2 party system long since became extremely powerful and the media has a firm grip on the sheeple.
Isn't that funny ( ironic). The social media is ablaze with B$ memes hating both sides
" "LIKE" if you think we should have term limits", blah, blah, blah. and yet the same PAC whores are elected year after year. I've voted against incumbents for the last 20+ years, and the blood sucking parasites are still here.

I live in SC. These clowns don't even get out of bed to campaign. You can get road kill elected here as long as it has an (R) in front of its name.

I voted for Ron Paul when he ran in 1988 as a Libertarian - I doubt 10% of the voting populace even knew his name. We all know he ran again in 2008 and was pushed to the sidelines by the media and Republicans alike.
And of course, he was 'defeated' in the Republican primaries by the douche-bag, senile, traitor John McCain.

Then there was Perot ... < sigh >

I voted for Trump for obvious reasons - not the least of which I believed him to be a viable political murder weapon. So far, so good. I wonder if I'll live long enough to see real change. I doubt it. Time will tell.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
...term limits", blah, blah, blah. and yet...

.. I believed him to be a viable political murder weapon. So far, so good. I wonder if I'll live long enough to see real change. I doubt it. Time will tell.

Great post. I haven't watched but I bet returning to a "silver standard" isn't mentioned during all that. And of course, RP would be the last person they would consult.

A weapon indeed, but unfortunately my gut feeling about this is we will see change, but not the good kind.

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The social media is ablaze with B$ memes hating both sides
" "LIKE" if you think we should have term limits", blah, blah, blah. and yet the same PAC whores are elected year after year. I've voted against incumbents for the last 20+ years, and the blood sucking parasites are still here.
Most of us have done the same thing. If voting mattered it would already be banned!