• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Absolutely stunning & still working at over 200 years old

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
WTF, we can't build anything like that today & if we did, it would only last 200 days !!!

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Along those same lines, I was just in Prague in February and stood before the astronomical clock just shaking my head.

Nowhere near that scale (or age) but in a somewhat similar vain - Growing up, the refrigerator in my parents house was there before I was born and it was there long after I moved out to go to college. I don't recall them replacing the oven/stove, washer or dryer either.

I honestly believe that things today are manufactured with built in obsolescence forcing you to repurchase them every few years.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I recently bought a coffee roaster made in the 1950's in Vienna, this thing is built. All cast iron and steel - made by a man named Otto Swadlo, he started making roasters in the 1920's thru the 60's, except for the period German's ordered him to turn his shop into arms production during the war. It's as good as new 60 something years later - works perfect.

otto swadlo.jpg

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Growing up, the refrigerator in my parents house was there before I was born and it was there long after I moved out to go to college. I don't recall them replacing the oven/stove, washer or dryer either.
YUP, I grew up with the same appliances, indestructible !

historyrepete

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I honestly believe that things today are manufactured with built in obsolescence forcing you to repurchase them every few years.
Planned obsolescence. If you won't consume yourself into debt they'll give you arms send you abroad that you and brown people will hopefully kill each other.
C'mon man it's for the economy

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
he started making roasters in the 1920's thru the 60's, except for the period German's ordered him to turn his shop into arms production during the war. It's as good as new 60 something years later - works perfect.

View attachment 130775
Makes a great cup of coffee and in a pinch, evenly distributes Zyklon B throughout the whole crematorium.