• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

All Season Chicken Coop - Building steps

Fatboy

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
What I get:

HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden
The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Lots of info on chickens and coop designs on the backyard chicken place http://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

Me? I just throw together what I need from a little lumber and if it doesn't satisfy my needs for my chickens I modify it. Chickens don't really care, long as they have feed, water and shelter - protection from weather and predators.

Note: the website worked for me, but it appears to be a series of pictures showing how he/she put together his/her chicken coop and modified it for his/her situation.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Don't need chickens. Those damn roosters crow at 6am on the weekend.

stoli

I made this coop out of pallets and a few 2 bys . No insulation or heat and my birds do just fine. A friend of mine build a coop with a heated area for his chickens and for some reason they keep losing birds to illness .
There is a full size door on left side of coop so I can walk in to clean. I also have a screened window on the back wall for more ventilation .

[/URL]

The place we bought has a small old barn. A few modifications inside, to room off an area for the chickens, cut a door into the outside wall, and instant chicken coop. The barn also is a storage area for garden tools and supplies.

Like was mentioned before...a spot for them to get out of the elements and away from predators, and they will be fine. Chickens are a hardy creature.
Oh...and about the noise? No roosters, no noise. Just some laying hens.