• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Amazon's $112 Fingerprint Gun Safe Opened FAST!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
did they find any sliver?

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
You better bolt that thing down or somebody can put it in their front pocket while they steal the rest of your stuff.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
You better bolt that thing down or somebody can put it in their front pocket while they steal the rest of your stuff.
Thanks for the warning but don't let the front fool you. It's part of the concrete floor from the middle back. Even if it weren't they would need to bring in heavy equipment to get the safe to move. It's an old concrete safe and weighs near a ton! The wheels rusted solid during the Eisenhower administration! Bringing in the gear necessary to remove and to transport it would draw the attention of my neighbors and, like me, they all own guns and like to shoot them! I'm more afraid of the smash and grab kind of their. Getting the good stuff at my place is awfully hard to get to and you can't escape the security cameras.

I got that safe for the price of renting a truck with a 2 ton lift gate for half a day! Back in May 2010 the place where my FIL worked wanted the safe gone. Usually those tyoe of deal include a locked safe where no one knows the combo. It costs money to fix that and sometimes its not worth the trouble. This was was indeed without a combo but the door was locked OPEN. It was harder to get the damned thing down off the liftgate without dropping it than it was to remove the inner door plate and figure out the combination.

Safes which offer the same level of security today will set you back a few grand easy!

Truth be told, if they want all your stuff, they'll take all your stuff. It's simply a matter of time and effort on their part!

Last edited:

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Thanks for the warning but don't let the front fool you. It's part of the concrete floor from the middle back. Even if it weren't they would need to bring in heavy equipment to get the safe to move. It's an old concrete safe and weighs near a ton! The wheels rusted solid during the Eisenhower administration! Bringing in the gear necessary to remove and to transport it would draw the attention of my neighbors and, like me, they all own guns and like to shoot them! I'm more afraid of the smash and grab kind of their. Getting the good stuff at my place is awfully hard to get to and you can't escape the security cameras.

I got that safe for the price of renting a truck with a 2 ton lift gate for half a day! Back in May 2010 the place where my FIL worked wanted the safe gone. Usually those tyoe of deal include a locked safe where no one knows the combo. It costs money to fix that and sometimes its not worth the trouble. This was was indeed without a combo but the door was locked OPEN. It was harder to get the damned thing down off the liftgate without dropping it than it was to remove the inner door plate and figure out the combination.

Safes which offer the same level of security today will set you back a few grand easy!

Truth be told, if they want all your stuff, they'll take all your stuff. It's simply a matter of time and effort on their part!

Lets see how do we extract the gps info from jpegs again (safe-jpg.141392) with Koredoko - Exif and GPS Viewer? :secret:

Just kidding, checked first and there is no embedded info.