• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver Bullion Coins

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Wisconsin puck just went pre-sale at Provident.
There is a $3-4/oz premium depending on the quantity you order. That is pretty steep considering the original release date is still a month out but they are more likely 6-8 weeks out from actual release.

shallow_explorer

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Dillon Gage wholesale site says "2018 Pictured Rocks = sold out- as is mint. mint is done". Thanks for the reminder to buy more. Mint needs to make more of the future ATBs. These 20k mintages are getting expensive.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Dillon Gage wholesale site says "2018 Pictured Rocks = sold out- as is mint. mint is done". Thanks for the reminder to buy more. Mint needs to make more of the future ATBs. These 20k mintages are getting expensive.
Yes, I found this as well - absolutely unbelievable! Why the heck would the mint want to stop at 20,000? Seems like they are selling out pretty quickly from the authorized purchasers, so I don't think lack of demand is the issue.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It's been well over a year since I've bought any but just received these two. Makes me wonder why I quit.

View attachment 100951

Attachments

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
The 20k number didn't change my decision to buy the 20 I did. It made me smile after I had already ordered them, but would like to see a 50 cent drop in silver before preordering the WI.

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Since I always buy a tube of each issue it didn't change my decision to buy either. What it DID change was I bought them earlier than planned because of the fake news of a sellout and potential price rise.

It does make the Fred and Ozark look much better now....

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
i was bummed last year about this time when the numbers for the Effigy puck spiked up to 35,000 pucks. I then went and looked at the mintage #'s of the ASE's .....and I bought more pucks.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I have not bought any 2018 ATB pucks ("P" or bullion) and I do not plan to. I plan to just stay on the sidelines this year.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Wonder if these are going to be limited to 20K?
There is no rhyme or reason that I can discern regarding mintage variation in this series. I've not seen anybody supply an accurate estimate of mintages to come or a satisfactory explanation for prior mintages.

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
This series is so bizarre, I cannot leave without putting more money into each issue. I bought 10 sets of the 2010's when you got what you got, some raw, some slabbed and ungraded and some graded slabs. My brother now buys a roll per issue as well. He thinks I should write a book. A bunch of you with your stories and mine might actually make a pretty good book.

Does anybody have a link to a pick of the German made press that makes these coins?

pay dirt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
No doubt, that is a nice piece of German engineering, just like the pucks it stamps are a great piece of Americana.

This is a very cool series, for sure. The surprises keep coming and I don't think we are done just yet.

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Lol, ya, I'll do 92.50 times xx.
The did this in Feb with a bunch of stuff too. They got my money back then too.

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
I am totally shocked that it's taking so long for Provident to clear out these Moultrie pucks. Is there no love out there? I have no clue why they would not email their customer list. How did you find out, Pyramid?

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Yup, they have turned a bullion product into a collector item as evidenced by the difference in prices for lower mintage pucks but I should add ALL the pucks sell for more than these Provident Moultrie's

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
That Moultrie puck has been discounted at Provident for almost 18 months.
I was snatching those up in early 17 when the mintage numbers were still showing in the 20,000's.
It makes no logical sense for it to sell for $25 less than the six figure Gettysburg puck.
My guess is either Provident gambled and bought 20,000 of them early on and is still trying to dump them or the real mintage number is around 135,000 ...IDK.

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
The Moultries are gone. The relatives and I sucked up a reasonable number. If you want one, you will have to kiss my ring with the family crest.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
I made the decision about a year ago that my only Ag purchases going forward will be the ATB's when they can be had for under a $3 premium.

I own so many Moultries the guy holding the flag is beginning to resemble me.

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Minnesota is next. Born there. 3 vacation weeks a year up there from Texas. In Houston 29 years. A classic loon on the coin. Our lake house has them, eagles, and swans. Forgot about the damn cranes crapping all over the dock. They vote Dem, twice. Lol. A few beers, sorry

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Yup but I would have went with SD 'cuz I have too many capsules as it is.....I only checked Provident and BGASC....poor job on my part..but....still a good price

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Should have bought the MN presale before my vacation to MN last week. MN is behind schedule and I did buy WI at presale prices 2 weeks after they came out so hoping to see a 50 cent drop. Ya, it’s only $50 on 100 ounces but it’s the principle. I had loons all around me at the lakes last week. Some eagles too, bald ones.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It has been a while since I posted on this thread. So far, I did not buy any of the 2018 bullion pucks and I have no plans to buy and 2018 pucks. I did recently sell a 2012 Volcanos Bullion puck for $200 (I paid $105 for it) and a 2012 Denali bullion puck for $170 (I paid $105 for it).

I still plan to buy bullion (and "P") pucks but only for resale purposes for my online/ebay business.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It has been a while since I posted on this thread. So far, I did not buy any of the 2018 bullion pucks and I have no plans to buy and 2018 pucks. I did recently sell a 2012 Volcanos Bullion puck for $200 (I paid $105 for it) and a 2012 Denali bullion puck for $170 (I paid $105 for it).

I still plan to buy bullion (and "P") pucks but only for resale purposes for my online/ebay business.
I'm thinking with the recent goings on in Ha, that Volcanos puck's gonna rise in value.