• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Another form of servitude

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Every business is trying to get it's teeth into your wallet making you there slave. Wonder if they are designing life expectance into their products.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
At what point do people start to look at total cost of ownership of a product. I know this is huge with farm equipment etc.....
16 year old kid is smarter than the asshats he is talking to.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The idea that you don’t actually own a product after you spend your money on it and “buy it” is absurd. To argue otherwise is to suggest or outright claim that you are merely renting that product from the manufacturer and therefore have no rights to anything but use and use only.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
At what point do people start to look at total cost of ownership of a product. I know this is huge with farm equipment etc.....
16 year old kid is smarter than the asshats he is talking to.
It's huge with cars and trucks as well. I wont buy a vehicle that cant be worked on at home. I'd rather buy a car for 1000=2000 and throw a little money into it to get another 70-100k out of it instead of buying the newer pieces of crap that cant be serviced at home. I can have a car for 10 years for less than 1 years financing on a new car.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
It's huge with cars and trucks as well. I wont buy a vehicle that cant be worked on at home. I'd rather buy a car for 1000=2000 and throw a little money into it to get another 70-100k out of it instead of buying the newer pieces of crap that cant be serviced at home. I can have a car for 10 years for less than 1 years financing on a new car.
That makes a lot of sense.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I hold it. now you gotta take it.

if you want it bad enough

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I hope that kid is prepared. TPTB are gonna go after him like white on rice, to make sure he has a business license, he pays unemployment insurance, he pays his income taxes and sales taxes, he has an OSHA approved workshop, on and on.

Last edited:

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
none of us own the computer software that runs our vehicles...so, literally, we don't own the vehicle as it won't run without the software

court cases and everything....and because of moments such as those, our country went to shit decades ago...