• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Antique German Silver. Two Stamps .800

AGRO

Seeker
Seeker
Hey All,
Does anyone know antiques? Especially silver from Germany?

These are .800 - Evidently that became the minimum req. at one point.

I Have two sets of napkin rings. One Small and one large, by two different mints.

Can post pics tomorrow. They are a floral design. One mark is AMD.

I don't remember the other. But can easily look.

I see single small rings on ebay for $80.00 making part of the collection a nice one...
Thanks in advance. Will post pics tomorrow.
AGRO-

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Sadly, this tends to be the "melt down" crew, what are you looking to do with them?

AGRO

Seeker
Seeker
Yeah I know - YIKES - Made that mistake last time with some of the same ware - it was silver tea spoons. Floral design, A simple search rendered me what I thought was accurate,
Then, when I dug deeper a month after the sale - I found each spoon could have sold for easily $100 a pop.
There were 7 - I kept the 7th and the biggest - The sugar spoon.

Sadly, this tends to be the "melt down" crew, what are you looking to do with them?

Pics please. What do u need to know about the items?
Can and will definitely post pics. There are two marks I can let you know of to start.

One is AMD .800
The other is an odd triangle that goes up from the middle right, makes point- down to bottom left (point) - crosses bottom (point 3)- then up halfway on right with an indent into the center never completing the actual triangle.

Will post pics later today.

I am looking to get an accurate range of the value of the items as individuals or as two separate sets.

Most likely I will save. For a while at least. Depending. - From what I have seen I am pricing both sets together at over 2,000.00 USD

Last edited:

AGRO

Seeker
Seeker
This is what the AMD mark looks like
Picture 4.png

This is my interpretation of the second mark.

Triangle mark 800 German Antiq silver mark.jpg

Pictures to follow later today.

Thanks,
Fellas and Ladies.

AGRO

Seeker
Seeker
Here they are - I actually did manage to snag the mintmark on both and the "800"

For mint mark view click the ones that have a nice light and less product shown.

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_1702.JPG IMG_1703.JPG IMG_1705.JPG IMG_1706.JPG IMG_1707.JPG IMG_1708.JPG IMG_1709.JPG IMG_1710.JPG IMG_1711.JPG IMG_1712.JPG

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Yeah I know - YIKES - Made that mistake last time with some of the same ware - it was silver tea spoons. Floral design, A simple search rendered me what I thought was accurate,
Then, when I dug deeper a month after the sale - I found each spoon could have sold for easily $100 a pop.
There were 7 - I kept the 7th and the biggest - The sugar spoon.
It's been a long time since I've traded Sterling. Might the set of spoons had been made by Whiting in the Lily pattern?

As for the napkin rings, nice. Pick them up pirating? aka thrift shopping. Your best gauge to their worth is seeing what others have sold for.

Southfork listed a good website for identifying makers marks. silvercollection.it is a very comprehensive site and takes some getting used to because it covers a wide range.

Thanks for posting all the same. Have not had time to hunt stuff down so it was good to see.

edit: website name

Last edited:

AGRO

Seeker
Seeker
@ hammerhead - No actually they are passed down from my German grandmother (RIP) and purchased in Germany. At some point they caught a flight over here.

I have looked - but I don't even know what I am looking for. Anything on feebay for a search for "floral design napkin rings German .800" nets similar ware selling for one of the small rings @ appx $80 USD a pop...

I got the name of who I believe AMD was - will have to post later, something like Brohns, Abrams and Sohn. Makes no sense as to the A.M.D
But still nothing. I will try your search - the last thing I am doing is hawking it for melt.

I know the guy well I sold the spoons to. I know he was just trying to help but didn't think they were anything special - BS - That still burns - my dumb ass mistake for not researching properly.

And a kick in the ass I cannot find the Sugar spoon. That was straight sterling. This stuff is even older. At one point Germany _late 1800s (will check this too) passed a law that the minimum amount of silver for this sort of ware was to be .800 I have come across some coins of the same consistency.

There are so many makers and marks it's like a trip into a whole world of history and antiques I know not much about.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
AGRO, here is the page with the marks for Adam Manns and Sohn on the website silvercollection.it. According to the description of the maker, he was located in Dornigheim.
http://www.silvercollection.it/germansilverhallmark25.html#MANNS

This site is large and takes some getting used to but once you learn how to navigate it, there is much information available. As for the other set of napkin rings you may be able to identify the makers mark in one of the 9 pages of German silver.
Good luck with the research.

AGRO

Seeker
Seeker
Hey Dude,
I probably have been through that site already (lol) but I will look and report back.
Thanks!