• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Any Hunters on board.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Just checked my hunting draws for this fall and was pleasantly surprised to see I got my antlerless moose tag again. Think I'll get a partner license so my boy Donny can shoot her. Been watching a nice young cow a half mile from home that should make excellent vittles. .243 and down she'll go.

Bushpilot

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I’m jealous Pitw, moose meat is a delicacy, haven’t had any since ‘94 when I worked in Alaska, Still have not drawn the MN once in a lifetime tag either. Best of luck. If you get one I’d be happy to come up for a visit and help butcher and wrap it in exchange for a meal of moose steak! Lol

Bushpillot

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
We shot 2 spring turkeys, and have drawn 2 fall turkey tags. also have 2 deer tags, and an elk tag to fill before first of the year. I shoot em off the porch mostly, except the elk. I have a pond w big cottonwoods just east of the house, and as were real dry here, its quite an attraction.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I call that bating. Works like a charm it does.

Pilot you come up and if you butcher and wrap it I could almost say you shot it.

Bushpilot

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I actually enjoy the butchering of the animal. It gets me closer to my food and I know exactly how it was taken care of from the time it’s on the ground to when it’s in the frying pan. My grandpa owned a grocery store and my dad worked for him. Both were old school butchers. In this day and age, if you threw a quarter of beef on the block, most other meat counter people, including those in butcher shops, would be clueless on how to cut it up properly. I can break down and cut up an average sized deer in under 30 minutes if it’s skin out.

hoarder

Dis Member
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I drew an antlerless Elk tag this year. Here if you get the antlerless tag you can't shoot a bull, so most likely I will see more bulls this fall than ever before.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Bush, I like the butchering too. I don't enjoy the pack outta the dang skeg as we used to do before they moved into our area. Now the whole process is more butchering than hunting.
Hoarder we hope you see many bulls and take pics of all of them. We'd also like for ya to find the best eating antlerless where you hunt and she/it stands at fifty yards for a great shot. We are still eating the cow I got last fall.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Mule bucks running around everywhere here. One monster 7 miles away that made me stop and admire.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Bow season starts tomorrow. Had 5 people phone since 9 last night and I said no to te whole Fn bunch as I'm in a bad mood due to the weather. Guy took out a cow moose 1/4 mile west of the house with his 1 ton night before last. Goose season starts tomorrow too and I got a decent shoot North of the house but I won't be on it.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Just saw on the news an elk attacking folk somewhere down South. How can they blame an elk for people being stupid? Had a bull moose in me yard yesterday and it never attacked but I sure as [L] was close enough to reach safety if'n he decided to.
Another question, is baiting allowed for deer in your area?
It isn't here and I was just wondering.