• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

At night at the Opera

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Hindsight is always 20/20, and we need to share teaching moments. I just had a knock at my door. Ja, at my door, 11:30 at night with the house lights off. I'm watching a car video on my Kindle about to retire for the eve.

A rather loud and rude knocking at my sanctum outer door. That isn't someone that knows me very well.

Video shows one scruffy old white guy solo at the door, one unknown at the curb just outside of the nightvision.

The guy at the door started to say I'm selling........

I cut him off by announcing loudly that he was about to be at the wrong place at the wrong time........I could tell he was possibly just a drunk that had what seemed a good idea to get booze late at night was in fact not a good idea at all.

I post it as an example of how to have a proper level of information to determine a level of threat/response.

I told them to go away in a manner that was not threatening but firm.

They went away. No shots were fired.

I gave them 5 minutes and called the police......nothing good happens after midnight in a neighborhood that has 5 open home invasion murders..........

The lives I saved might be their own.

There was a line though and they were almost but not quite there.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
"I gave them 5 minutes and called the police......nothing good happens after midnight in a neighborhood that has 5 open home invasion murders.........."

Holy moly, where do you live? The border of Iran and Iraq?

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Napghanistan. Aka Indy.

This neighborhood was awesome until 2008 and section 8 housing.

The 5 home invasion cases 4 involved people that were known to carry large cash and/or drugs. Only one was really an "at random" crime.

At the time we moved in it was about 70/30 white/black with 80% working at or retired from GM plant 10

Now it's 80/10 renter dregs/decent people

I have told the last of the neighbors that I know that LDG and I are out of here at the first sniff of opportunity.

She has 3 years to retirement.

The police told me that as long as it looks good on paper I can do as I please as long as no friendlies get hurt.

Any and all rounds must be accounted for.

Yes, Belial made a handshake agreement with Satanas.