• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

ATB 'P' Mint Mark Coin Thread

chief

Seeker
Seeker
I know we've got threads for the 2010 ATB sets we've all been getting at great deals and there is a thread started for the 2011 ATBs. How about one for the 'collector's version' of these 5 ounce coins?

With the Hot Springs coin going on sale Thursday, April 28th, who's going to be buying one? What do you think the collector value will be on these once they sell out?

I, for one, am still on the fence about buying one. I've got a couple of the ATB sets but do I need one just for the fancy box and the 'P' mark? I know they are going to be a low mintage of 27,000. Just wanted to hear what your opinions are.

silverbusa

Seeker
Seeker
I thought the bullion version was a no brain-er ......I feel the same way about the "collector" version.
Only time will tell though.

<===Foolsgold

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
sarc on

The collectors version.....puck that

sarc off

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Depending on what silver does, there will either be 27,000 happy people or 27,000 sad people since we are talking $54/oz. I have not bought silver since $20/oz. (except for ATB's), so I'm in for 1 per household.

silverbusa

Seeker
Seeker
Depending on what silver does, there will either be 27,000 happy people or 27,000 sad people since we are talking $54/oz. I have not bought silver since $20/oz. (except for ATB's), so I'm in for 1 per household.
just checked silver eagle price @ Provident........53.38

drpiranha

Seeker
Seeker
I really don't think the price of silver will alter my feeling about this coin. I feel that the additional surface treatment makes this more like a proof coin than an uncirculated coin. I collect coins for my own personal satisfaction and I want coins that look nice and I value complete sets. I would never pay a premium for MS 69 or MS 70. I rather spend the extra money on another coin. I never bought coins before with the idea of flipping them until these coins came out.

I want a complete set of the Mint version. If I only got 3 or 4, I would either be looking to complete the set or to sell my coins, depending on the price. I would never be happy with 80% of a set.

MrLucky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Hello everyone,

Yes, I'll be buying them. In fact, I should be getting quite a few (extended family buying them too). Maybe I'll even sell a few to MCM.

I have my boat ready too.

MrLucky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Full set = 56 X $279.95 + 4.95ship (assumes same price for 10 yrs) = $15,955.

Solo

Midas Member
Midas Member
I, for one, am still on the fence about buying one.
I will pay you actual cost plus $20, plus whatever it takes to ship the coin to me if you buy it. I won't call these coins a home-run necessarily, but unless silver falls to $30 or less and stays there for a significant amount of time you should be able to recoup your initial investment quite easily on these IMO. Simply put, collectors love proofs ;).

In fact, I should be getting quite a few (extended family buying them too).
Same here...

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
I will pay you actual cost plus $20, plus whatever it takes to ship the coin to me if you buy it. I won't call these coins a home-run necessarily, but unless silver falls to $30 or less and stays there for a significant amount of time you should be able to recoup your initial investment quite easily on these IMO. Simply put, collectors love proofs ;).

Same here...
My family just got my email, as well...

jogslvr

Gold Miser
Gold Chaser
Callem 1-800 872-6468 and press "0" for operator.
I just got mine ordered and have order confirmation number.
I was working the computer at the same time and it crashed just as I figured it would.

Eat Beef

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Got in on the website, and it crashed again during checkout. Phone lines constantly busy.

It's almost like someone at the .gov didn't forsee this being a busy day.//sarcasm//

Solo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Got in on the website, and it crashed again during checkout. Phone lines constantly busy.

It's almost like someone at the .gov didn't forsee this being a busy day.//sarcasm//
Don't worry, they say they'll have the system upgraded by Summer 2012. LOL they even say this on the main page:

. As we have previously indicated to our customers, our online ordering management system is in need of upgrade. Fixing the system is a priority. Unfortunately, we do not anticipate an upgraded system being in place until approximately mid-2012. In the meantime, we apologize to our customers for any inconvenience and ask them to be patient during this time.

MrLucky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
15 min. online. multiple page reloads. got it. only have to do this 4 more times this year.

Eat Beef

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
They came up as backordered at 12:17 ET.

drpiranha

Seeker
Seeker
Just finished after 37 minutes. It crashed at each step, but always took me back to the last place. I'm glad I have an account there. I know I would have screwed up the address or credit card number.

Eat Beef

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
To quote Trent Reznor, "I tried, I gave up".

It's just not worth the headache.

ChoiceBU

Silver Member
Silver Miner
CRASHED! Tried for an hour - got the order in the shopping cart but couldn't checkout, several tries. Now the site is down completely and phone line busy...wonder how long the shopping cart will hold P puck?

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
All over for now except by phone, think of how .gov would be in "an actual emergency."

"An internal server error has occurred. If you would like to place an order you can always call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). Sorry for the inconvenience."

Dvorak

Seeker
Seeker
CRASHED! Tried for an hour - got the order in the shopping cart but couldn't checkout, several tries. Now the site is down completely and phone line busy...wonder how long the shopping cart will hold P puck?
Same thing here, got to "Place Order" 3-4 times, but never made it home...