• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Au for Ag Trade

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Mornin'.
I have 3 2006 Au Proof Buffalos with all Mint Boxes, COA's, etc..
Can email or send pictures on phone.

86 SAE's per Proof Buffalo. Please no damaged or painted SAE's. Year doesn't matter.

Offer good while GSR is over 90/1 & under 93/1.
Each pays own shipping.
Established Members Only.
PM with any questions.
Thanks, JIM...

Last edited:

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Still looking to trade. Adjustments can/will be made on the ratio changes. I still want SAE's in trade, no generic please.
Thanks.

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Still looking to trade. Adjustments can/will be made on the ratio changes. I still want SAE's in trade, no generic please.
Thanks.
Bump it up.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Offer good while GSR is over 90/1 & under 93/1.
Each pays own shipping.
Established Members Only.
So you are saying that you are in favor of buying gold when the ratio drops below 90 and are in favor of buying silver when it is over 93?

Just trying to figure out your reasoning here?

The ratio has dipped below 90, so that would mean you believe new money will perform best going into gold instead of silver at this point in the cycle - is that describing your beliefs at this point?

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
So you are saying that you are in favor of buying gold when the ratio drops below 90 and are in favor of buying silver when it is over 93?

Just trying to figure out your reasoning here?

The ratio has dipped below 90, so that would mean you believe new money will perform best going into gold instead of silver at this point in the cycle - is that describing your beliefs at this point?
Not buying anything. I just like trading metals.
I believe trading Gold for Silver when the ratio is over 80/1 is a good trade & trading Silver for Gold when the ratio reaches 40/1 or less.
If I was buying I'd buy silver as I feel it's underpriced.

The trade offer I made was 86 SEA's with the ratio between 90 & 93, the reason was to make up the premium difference on the Eagles. If the ratio goes to say 86/1 I'd ask for 84 SAE's for the Buffalo, if to say 95, I'd ask for 88.
I just like trading the ratio's.

Last edited:

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Still interested in making some trades.

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Still lookin' to make some trades.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

the_shootist

I identify as vaccinated, bitches!
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
If I liked my gold I'd keep my gold (if I had any that is)

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Looks like everyone is waiting for a better offer

:beer:

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Looks like everyone is waiting for a better offer

:beer:
Yeah, I don't want to trade the Proof Buff's for generic. As I said before I'll take the premiums into consideration on trades. .
With the ratio hovering between 88 & 90/1 I think 84-85 SAE's for premium Au is fair.
Example: 84 SAE's @ $20 = $1680.00 Pretty good price for a Proof Buffalo.
Not a biggie, just like tradin'.

Last edited:

jrog100

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I wonder if it will be like this when the GSR reverses? Not much interest in trading metal for metal. I know when silver shot up to $45, dealers were offering me $4500 for my Englehard 100 oz bars. I only paid $400 for them but I really didn't care to sell for some reason. I think that a lot of people who like PM's have difficulty getting rid of them no matter how favorable the deals are - or maybe its just me ;)

the_shootist

I identify as vaccinated, bitches!
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I wonder if it will be like this when the GSR reverses? Not much interest in trading metal for metal. I know when silver shot up to $45, dealers were offering me $4500 for my Englehard 100 oz bars. I only paid $400 for them but I really didn't care to sell for some reason. I think that a lot of people who like PM's have difficulty getting rid of them no matter how favorable the deals are - or maybe its just me ;)
It's not just you :secret:

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
When the ratio was in the mid 30's I was able to make quite a number of Silver for Gold trades, wish I'd made more.
Seems there were many interested in trading then, seems a bit tougher now.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
I think that a lot of people who like PM's have difficulty getting rid of them no matter how favorable the deals are - or maybe its just me ;)
Depends on how hungry you are...

everything

Seeker
I'm surprised you would only want ASE, their is allot of lower mintage Perth and RCM rounds that are superior, ASE is only now moving towards anti-counterfeiting. Still, I wouldn't even trade my junk silver for a gold buffalo unless I was looking at it sitting on spectrometer.

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Well, Next time I do a trade I'll make sure I get your approval.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I was looking just now at JM Bullions site.....Proof Buffalos are selling well below BU Buffalo's ........who would have thunk it.......lol after looking again the Proof Buffs were out of stock...

everything

Seeker
Well, Next time I do a trade I'll make sure I get your approval.
I don't mean to be a ?, trading is a great way to avoid dealing with the premium, spreads of buying/selling, and those pesky taxes. I'm surprised someone hasn't taken you up on this trade by now. I avoided buying ASE through the years because of counterfeiting. Same with gold, preferring pre 33 mostly.

Last edited:

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Dang lcs getting over 20 for generic silver and paying over melt for same depednding what youall gots

everything

Seeker
Paying over melt won't last long, and the beauty of the melt is they can smelt that silver into a new round that someone will pay more money for. The world is going through the biggest lesson in supply chain economics ever. And, seemingly creating crisis where none existed, and don't really exist. I call it picky ass drama victim culture whanabee wars, and it sells. Silver is silver, always has been, always will be, and any 1 oz. silver round is all the same to me, bars too, and love the low mintage rounds and bars, etc.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Silver is silver until its manipulated and becomes art which has a subjective value in addition to an intrinsic value...