• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Au or Ag tomorrow?

So I am craving some PM's and I am heading to the LCS tomorrow. I like to get deals online but still keep relations with my dealer. He has great pricing and buybacks too. He knows I shop Provident so he often matches their prices. So....I have some dry powder and I can't make up my mind if I want to go with Au, Ag or a split of the two. The last option would be to wait and see what happens next week with Au and Ag. What are your thoughts?

the_shootist

Molon Labe! Deplorable Dreg!
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
So I am craving some PM's and I am heading to the LCS tomorrow. I like to get deals online but still keep relations with my dealer. He has great pricing and buybacks too. He knows I shop Provident so he often matches their prices. So....I have some dry powder and I can't make up my mind if I want to go with Au, Ag or a split of the two. The last option would be to wait and see what happens next week with Au and Ag. What are your thoughts?
You seem to be very impulsive right now. I highly recommend you send all your dry powder to me for safe keeping until you've had a chance to rest and recover :)

Seriously though, I'm thinking silver is vastly underpriced right now whereas gold spot seem to be holding its own and doesn't seem (to me anyway) to have fallen as much as silver

You seem to be very impulsive right now. I highly recommend you send all your dry powder to me for safe keeping until you've had a chance to rest and recover :)

Seriously though, I'm thinking silver is vastly underpriced right now whereas gold spot seem to be holding its own and doesn't seem (to me anyway) to have fallen as much as silver

Well, my wife just chimed in and said Au because it's been more steady as of late. So to please her I'll get a 1oz AGE. I won't stop there though. I thinking $100 face Junk silver too. So split it is.

If any of you have insight on the way things are trending please let me know here.

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
With that kind of cash I would think 100 ounces of Ag, as it'll double and triple way before the Au does the same...

IMHO

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
GSR still 85.68/1.
If I were buying, I'd buy Ag or trade Au for Ag......JMHO.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Prices look good for either, but long term silver looks better at the moment.

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Wouldn't consider buying gold. In fact it would be an awesome time to take any gold you have to your LCS and swap it for silver even if you get whacked a little bit on the juice. The GSR at 86 is way, waaay out of whack. It will revert to the mean sooner or later-probably sooner. To do that, 1 of these 2 things has to happen:

1) Price of silver rises more than that of gold.
2) Price of gold drops more than that of silver.

It's a no-brainer.

Have bought silver weekly since it went below $15.00 an ounce. I had the GSR chart in mind. I haven’t bought in to being a full disciple of it though. You guys are swaying me to more Ag. 86-1 is insane.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
As others have mentioned, silver is heavily favored over gold based on current GSR. Buy from a LCS if the prices are right. I like doing business with my LCS's and that has helped me get good deals over the years.