• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Bartering And Horse Trading

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Agnut, you sir, are indeed a blessing to many!
Your story has reminded me to look for opportunities to do good. Thanks.

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Ya just never know what you're gonna get. I picked up a book for 25 cents about three weeks ago that I threw in the work truck for them days ya gotta just sit and wait[rain, wind etc] and today I got to read it. Was changing pages when a $100 bill slid out into me lap. Wife asked what I was gonna do with it and I told her being it was found money, I'd use it to get lost.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Ya just never know what you're gonna get. I picked up a book for 25 cents about three weeks ago that I threw in the work truck for them days ya gotta just sit and wait[rain, wind etc] and today I got to read it. Was changing pages when a $100 bill slid out into me lap. Wife asked what I was gonna do with it and I told her being it was found money, I'd use it to get lost.
Im laughing here cuz I am thinking you got lost after she frying paned you.... sorry that my despicable nature always come out to play. So? was the book any good?

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
The book is interesting as it is about pioneers with lots of photo's from 100+ years back. Them folk knew how to work. I'd ate to see it return to that with the mindset today. Damb there'd be a lot of bleached bones across the prairie.

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Don't think they had gold notes in Canada. I'd have to find it to get the year but I'm thinking someone else is gonna enjoy the new found note someday.

agnut

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hi all; some of you probably figured I'd keeled over. Well, I had gotten so crazy busy with family and friends (some of whom live with me now; and it's a great way to go if you are fortunate to be compatible). Legal hassles, financial struggles, the China virus and other stupidities in the nuttiest election year yet add up to being like a full time job. Losing Ponce knocked the stuffings out of me and I know I grieved too long. I'm now 73 and not able to do many of the things I used to do without giving it a second thought.

I feel bad to have dropped out of sight but needed time to recover from all the jostling around that should not have been happening at my age. Since last December I have been searching around for anything that would help with this China virus. I ordered enough for several people for about 6 months, vitamin C, vitamin D3, Zinc, tumeric (curcumin), Brazil nuts for selenium, pineapple extract in pill form called Bromelain tablets, colloidal silver, multivitamins, fish oil, and last but not least, elderberry syrup making kits.

I recommend getting this elderberry kit from eBay and also buy some elderberries too. I just follow the directions and when I am through I add some elderberries and cook it all some more. This way it makes about twice as much as stated on the directions.

A couple of months ago I got so sick and weak that I could hardly move. I sat in my recliner all day and into the evening. I went to bed early and woke the next morning as if I had never been so sick . To this day I don't know what it was that hit me but I believe that it would have killed a weaker person at my age. I was on all the aforementioned medicines and attribute the fast recovery to my being loaded with what I must have needed to recover so fast. Zinc is a funny mineral and it reputedly facilitates the efficiency of the other medicines. I have read that President Trump has been taking hydroxychloroquine with zinc to counter the China virus.

I haven't been buying as much or as often as I had in the past; that's something for you young bucks to discover just how much fun it is as well as rewarding.

Just the other day I was at an estate sale and spotted three 5 gallon cans of hydraulic fluid. I noticed that two were unopened and the third was only down about a gallon. I asked the seller how much for all three and he said "How about three dollars ?" I didn't even have to haggle; to do would have been bad karma at that price. Besides, my friend who lives with me has a John Deere 210 backhoe that needs hydraulic fluid. He uses the backhoe around my 10 acres, upgrading the landscape and dragging and cutting up trees for firewood. This would be something that I couldn't afford these days.

I was at a moving sale several months ago and was looking for a powered push mower for my younger son who has a thriving lawn service. He needed a backup since his old one is...well, old. I asked the seller if he had a lawn mower for sale and he said "Follow me". We went around behind his barn and there was an almost new 26 HP Craftsman mower with a new cart attached. It wasn't what I was looking for my son but I could use one for my large lawn areas. I asked how much he was asking and he said $125 with the new cart. It was a steal but the only problem was that he needed it for the next month to take care of the lawn before he moved (going to Alaska). He wouldn't take a deposit but promised to hold it for me. I did get it about 5 weeks later and the wait was worth it.

Since then I had been looking for this push power mower and found two identical Toro Recycler mowers from different sellers at different times. What are the odds ? I gave one to my son and he loves it. The other I plan to fix up and use to mow the orchard and other tight spots.

One of my hobbies is finding large print Bibles for folks who have a hard time with the tiny print of most portable Bibles. The Jerry Fallwell Bicentennial Bibles made in 1975-6 are the perfect solution; they weigh about 6 pounds, have a large print and are red lettered in the new testament. I have been finding them on the internet all over the country. Problem is, most are offered at much higher prices than I can afford. I don't go to church any more but feel that this is my way to tithe. Besides, the pleasure of giving these bibles to Christians who really need them is really hard to describe. It is like a life changing event for many of these folks. I have 12 in inventory and another 9 on the way. I've given away over 30 Bibles so far.

Best wishes,

agnut

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success. "
Ralph Waldo Emerson

You don’t have a soul. You ARE a soul. You have a body. C.S.Lewis