• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Bartering And Horse Trading

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
I'd be willing to give you a full sack for that beauty. Got a lot of chewers out here on the prairies.LOL
You pay the shipping + 1oz ag and it's yours.

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
How about I mail you 2oz ag and you send me the spittoon? Gotta love a thread where you can actually do what it's about, eh.
Sure! :coolbeer: Deal. I tried to give it to the wife of a co-worker who chews snoose, said it was hers but he could use it until he died then it could hold his ashes. I put it in his truck at work but it ended up back in my car before the day was over, I guess the wife thinks he quit chewing :haha:

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
OK but I need a few days as I'm busier than a three legged cat that just had a 4x8 sheet of plywood lifted with 20 mice under it.

agnut

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Glockngold, great deal on the tools and Snap-On toolbox.

I’ve been to a few estate and garage sales in the last few weeks and gotten lots of small items. Aw heck; I’ll list some of the items :

Coleman ice box $2
Bernzomatic torch kit $4
Coleman two burner camp stove $5
Another ½” Black and Decker reversible drill $5
Old dial phone $8
New loufa on a stick 25 cents
Set of 8 blue glass dinner plates (for my sister) $4
Old Griswold meat grinder $5
4 wooden shaft golf clubs (one is a Macgregor mashie niblic) for a total of $15
Garrett metal detector bag with accessories $5

When I got home I looked the Macgregor golf club on eBay and there were three for sale; one was $90 and the two others were $250 each. Should be some room there for profit. After I had bought them another buyer asked to buy the 4 clubs but I turned him down. Another buyer dogged me about the metal detector stuff until I relented and took the $20 he was waving at me. I showed him what was inside and told him that he also got a bargain. His face lit up and he thanked me and left. The $15 profit will offset the cost of what I hauled home.

About now my barn is getting packed up to where I have to store items on the upper level. And I can hardly get through the other storage containers. Hmmm….. well, I DO have a few non running cars that are empty.

When I think about all the items I have accumulated over the years I wonder how it all will turn out. If we are marginalized and imports fall off a cliff, folks will in time want quality items. A pair of German scissors that cost me a quarter will go for multiples of that. And so on. The little items may yield a higher multiple than the big ones. And they are easier to sell than a big item.

Instead of buying more silver through the last few years I decided to accumulate quality items at bargain basement prices. Only time will tell which works out better for me. Besides, if I had nothing but silver, it could be stolen. And a thief would need a semi truck to make a dent in all my goodies. If that happened I could simply go down to the emergency ward and find the culprit with a broken back !

We had a family reunion with three coming from Florida and three more coming from San Diego. It was a madhouse but so much fun. I felt very sad seeing them leave, maybe because I don’t know if I will ever see them again. The world situation is spinning out of control and much of what we take for granted will be changed in time.

Just this afternoon I found out that a couple of friends lost their power when several huge trees fell over their road in a windstorm. They also lost power which will not be restored for several days at least. Totally unexpected; that’s how it happens. She called and said that they were out of water for the toilets and asked if she could come by and fill her 5 gallon bottles. I said sure, of course. She dropped off a dozen eggs and wouldn’t take any money. She also gave us a jar of apricot preserves, apricot jam and applesauce. I gave her a ½ gallon of butter pecan ice cream and a dozen oatmeal cookies with raisins and walnuts. I read that when things get tough, the little luxuries become uplifting. Wonderful people and becoming difficult to find these days. Maybe hard times will bring out the best in people. We individuals have to pull together; the government isn’t there for us like they were in the past. Maybe Trump can trump (and tromp) the knaves.

Best wishes,

Agnut

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success. "
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Maybe hard times will bring out the best in people.
Lets hope so. One thing I noticed in my travel abroad. Those with very little seemed to be the happiest and would give you the shirt off their back without even thinking about it.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Nothing really special. Just a little bump for the thread. Enjoy and have a great day.

Haggling 101 Yard Sale Tactics Strategies Deals Flea Market Hull Budget Pickerss Picking Buying
(Brad C)

https://youtu.be/6w1chazFsEo

Published on Feb 6, 2014
http://BradCTV.com

This is my second video for Haggling 101 entitled "Yard Sale Tactics". See my first video "Phone Skills" on youtube as well for strategies on how to lower your bills, haggle down products, and get satisfaction on complaints. More to come!

My garage sale buys to resell - Making money on eBay and Amazon!
(secretoftheinternet)

https://youtu.be/IT48bflFsu8

Published on Sep 7, 2015
http://www.SecretOfTheInternet.com

Dumpster Finds sold at my Yard Sale
(Dumpster Marcus)

https://youtu.be/-ioeA2-23yA

Published on Aug 24, 2014
Everything you see is from Dumpster Diving!!!!! Make some good money this weekend of trash items!!! I was Pumped!!!
Have a great weekend!!

https://www.facebook.com/dumpstermarcus

Last edited by a moderator:

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
My husband blew up his Jonsered saw last week, pistons shot (???) so I scrounged around for a phone number, gave it to him. He came home with two saws, a Husky 290 and a Jonsered turbo, both for $500. Big saws, little price. He's happier than christmas lol.

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yesterday I went back up by the lake I posted about as there was a tractor East of it 20 miles I wanted to look at. As I drove out of the town there was a garage sale just opening up and they had a

Well I immediately saw the usefulness of this thing as a trap boiler, chicken/turkey dunking pot and a host of other useful things. I didn't like the $50 tag though so offered the guy $10 and was turned down so I went on to the tractor. The tractor is a 1968 Massey 165, loader, cab, multi power and his asking price was $6,000 which would have been fair for one in good shape. This one had oil pouring from the PTO[$7 seal], no wires on the generator[basically a belt tightener at this time and an easy fix for me], the hydraulics were so slow the guy had rigged an external pump[didn't know about the internal filter that clogs up] and a couple cosmetic problems. I pointed out his problems while discussing life with the gentleman and finally came to an agreement of $2,500.
After going to check out another lake and river system I found myself going by that first garage sale at 3pm. I saw the pot was still there so pulled in and asked if he was willing to sell it now for $5 to which he exclaimed, "You offered $10 this morning". I laughed and said, "That was before I knew no one actually wanted it". He says $10 and I said "I'll flip you $5 or $10". He agreed and flipped a loonie only to use an expletive when it landed :lol: .
Got home to a wife who saw even more uses for the pot. Looked online to find it
http://vollrath.com/Arkadia-Stock-Pots-1090.htm

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yesterday Morning the wife said a lady was over and saw her old chicken plucking table and wanted it. I paid $5 for this table 4-6 years ago and seeing as I don't particularly like this lady's husband, I said $250. Last night I got home to a note about a moving out garage sale that started at 2pm today. She said,"Go get me a table cause the dumb [female dog] agreed to the $250. So I went up North 30 miles to the garage sale and being there at 1pm meant I was first in line. Did a quick run through and then bought

2 tater forks, shovel, chipper and hoe for $5 but I sold one fork at a football game for $10 before the pic.

Box of toys I will trade the toys to the huts for pies $5.

All the tools she had for $5

Sewing basket thingy. $5 DIL will take what she wants.

2 pieces of pottery I have no idea why but she said they belonged to her mother $1.

A 1986 coke tray, english made muffin type pan, clock for the dang kid who can't hear his, cast fry pan for mushrooms and a book I will read. $2.50

I also got an old dresser/wash stand with mirror for $25, an old office wooden chair$10, and a cheap chest of drawers[real wood]$5 that I ain't got pics of cause I gotta go back and get them. So for the price of just over 2 ounces of silver I think I did better than buying metal with them useless cash dollars

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Chicken plucking table? Pitw there is this thing that after you cut off the feet, head and pull the guts out why you throw several of the carcasses in and spin it and the chickens pluck them selves. The one I seen had plastic bolts through the plastic drum. Didn't get to see it used but the guy had parts all over the place, I mean 5 gallon buckets of stuff.

Just thought you would like to know. Have heared of this contraption be for and now have actually seen one.

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Chicken plucking table? Pitw there is this thing that after you cut off the feet, head and pull the guts out why you throw several of the carcasses in and spin it and the chickens pluck them selves. The one I seen had plastic bolts through the plastic drum. Didn't get to see it used but the guy had parts all over the place, I mean 5 gallon buckets of stuff.

Just thought you would like to know. Have heared of this contraption be for and now have actually seen one.
Nope. The table we sold was an old table that was of a good height to pick birds on. The lady wanted it for the legs. I found this in the farm show magazine for picking birds like you describe[sort of].
http://stores.powerplucker.com/

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Naw, but that green thing reminds me of a vid where this guy took a bristle brush on a ....had to be a fast half inch drill....why he dumped a bag of tay-toes in five gallon bucket which was full of water, spun them things and presto chango peeled potatoes.

This contraption was a blue plastic barrel about poney size, cut to2/3es and had plastic bolts through it. There was a motor under neath that spun it. I guess they used plastic so they did not bruez the dead chickens.

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yes there are many chicken pluckers out there.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Nothing special. Just a little bump..........

Internet Auction Sites for Preppers, by B.F.

October 12, 2015 - 10:40 pm

I suspect most of us who are interested in self-reliance are preparing on a budget. While it would be great to order a year’s worth of food at a time, and rotate them by donating them to the local food bank, that is just not practical for most of us. Likewise with equipment, tools and other survival needs. It would be easy to just go to Amazon and order whatever we want, but I for one will need to wait until I win the lottery first.

The Internet is full of places you can buy supplies, tools, food and anything else you think you need. Many of them designed by professionals who are experts at getting you to spend your money. Some of them are also designed by scammers who can be even better at separating you from your hard earned cash.

Despite the pitfalls of the Internet, there are also a lot of places that you can get legitimate deals to help you with your preparations, whether you are getting prepared for a few days down because of storms or for TEOTWAWKI. I wanted to share a few sites that I have used that are legitimate and are places where you can find bargains to help you prepare.

I thought it would be helpful to not just list the sites, but also to tell you a bit about what bargains you can find and any tips or tricks you can use at the site. With one exception, these are all auction sites. Most of them sell government surplus from various federal, state and local agencies.

I’m sure there are other useful sites, and hope you will share if there are any you have used successfully. The sites I have found most useful, especially from a Prepper’s perspective are:

I think of Shopgoodwill.com kind of like eBay, only less well known. It is the web site that local Goodwill stores from all across the country use to sell items that they feel they can get more money for from an auction than by selling it in their local store. Because it is not as popular as eBay, I believe you can find more bargains, since there are fewer knowledgeable people bidding against you. The search engine is not the most powerful among auction sites. They tried to upgrade it a few years ago, but had a bad failure when doing so. The web site was down for more than a week before they restored it back to what it was before.

I have found some of the best bargains on things like coats and jackets, military surplus, holsters, binoculars and knives. You can sometimes also get good deals on camping equipment like stoves, pots and lanterns or on high end backpacks. A key thing to remember is that the person writing the description for what they are posting for the store is most likely not an expert on the item. This can work for you or against you. Careful searching can find bargains out there that are mis-described or that have a description misspelled. You also need to carefully read the description and look at the pictures. That antique WWII-vintage wind up wristwatch may actually be a modern quartz watch from Wal-Mart. I will say that I don’t think any of the stores deliberately try to mis-describe an item, but sometimes it just happens.

The search engine supports partial word searches, so you can use that to your advantage. For example, instead of searching for “holster” you may want to search for “holst” which will bring up items with the word holster, holsters or the misspelled holstar. Unfortunately it also brings up “upholstery”, but usually there are only a few hits for that, so you can visually filter out what you are not interested in. Before bidding, do your research and decide what you want to pay for the item. Also be sure to checkout the estimated shipping costs to ensure you don’t pay more than what the item is worth in shipping charges. You also need to be careful because some stores will not ship large, heavy or bulky items, so you will need to either pick it up in person or arrange for a local pack and ship service like a local UPS or FedEx store to pick it up and ship it to you. If you are going to have it picked up and shipped, be sure you look into the costs before you bid.

Shopgoodwill.com allows you to search by location, and every location I have checked will allow you to pick up an item locally, instead of having it shipped. I use this not only for the stores near where I live, but also for Goodwill stores where I am traveling to either for work or vacation.

Govliquidation.com is a site run by a government contractor. They took over for the old DRMO auctions that some of you may remember. They sell military surplus as well as surplus for some federal agencies. Govliquidation.com also used to sell military vehicles, however they lost the vehicle business to Govplanet.com (discussed below.) They still have a few vehicles they are selling that were in the system, but that is the exception. I bought an M35A2 Deuce-and-a-Half (2.5-ton truck) from them, and an M818 5-ton tractor. The sales went smoothly, however instead of getting the government SF-97 title document, they sent me Florida titles. The titles worked just as well went I went to register them, so it was no big deal. Govliquidation is a place where you can buy in bulk, pallet loads of cold weather equipment, spent brass by the ton, etc. For the most part, you are on your own for arranging pick up or shipping of items you purchase. Govliquidation also has tried to expand beyond government surplus, and occasionally you will see non-surplus stuff listed.Govliquidation also runs the web site Unclesamsretailoutlet.com.

Unclesamsretailoutlet.com sells military surplus, field gear, bayonets, NCO swords, clothing, MREs, ammo cans, tools and MWRO (Military Welfare and Recreation Organization) surplus in small, consumer lots at fixed prices. They have low shipping costs for small items, and have pretty good sales at least once a month, with 20% to 50% off of various categories or occasionally the entire site. They will also put stuff on clearance if it doesn’t sell after awhile. It is a store, not an auction, but it has a lot of items that preppers can use at usually pretty good prices.

GSAAuctions.gov is another auction site, however this is actually run by the government, not by a contractor (as near as I can tell). It primarily sells surplus from federal agencies other than the DOD, and also from some local agencies, mostly those that have received federal surplus that they no longer need. You can pick up some good deals on furniture, vehicles, and fire trucks and about anything else you can think of from surplus real estate such as post offices, control towers and light houses to a 300 foot Coast Guard cutter. They also have aircraft from time to time, like Chinooks, Blackhawks, and even LearJets. This site also sells items confiscated by US Marshals office or by the Internal Revenue Service. I have seen Rolexes, Mercedes SUVs, Ferraris and other high end items, although I don’t think I would buy anything that expensive from this site myself. For some of the confiscated items, real estate and ships, they require that you post a bid deposit before bidding. I have purchased a couple of 3 KW Army generators and an Air Force surplus Jeep J-20ambulance from this site. A lot of the military surplus on here was surplused out to rural fire departments, and you can still find M880 Dodge pickups indecent (usually non-running) condition if you are looking for a good pre-electronic ignition bug out vehicle.

Govdeals.com seems to be mostly used by state, county and local agencies as well as state universities and community colleges to get rid of their surplus.You can search by location on this site, just like the other sites. I have used this site for furniture (workbenches) and for surplus Crown Victorias (that I use as “daily drivers”). You can also buy police confiscated or recovered items.Sometimes you can find surplus or confiscated guns and ammunition, but often you need to have an Federal Firearms License (FFL) to bid on them. There are also some items, such as fully equipped patrol cars or fire engines, which are restricted for purchase only by other government agencies although if they don’t sell, they may come back up for sale to the public.

A favorite search that I use on the Govdeals.com site is to search for items listed in the past 24 hours, and to sort the results by auction end date. This will highlight for you stuff that was just posted that will not be up for long.I found a municipal _ ton Chevy 4WD pickup with snow blade and Tommy lift that was posted to end the same day it was listed. It was up for less than 4 hours.I ended up being the only bidder and bought it for the opening bid, which was about $400. Deals like that don’t happen often, although I have noticed Washington DC for one does post its abandoned and confiscated vehicles for just24 hour sale periods. Govdeals also sells some Canadian government surplus which is sold for Canadian dollars. I have noticed that Diesel vehicles seem to sell for much less in Canada than they do in the US. A friend’s son has purchased a couple of vehicles from Canada, and says as long as you follow the rules, it is pretty easy to bring stuff to the US.

Another site I want to highlight is Purplewave.com. I’d say this is similar to Govdeals.com, in that some state and local agencies tend to use it instead of Govdeals.com. The main difference is that Purplewave also sells surplus from private companies. You can find lots of construction and farm equipment for sale. My son has purchased a couple of vehicles from them, and it seems to work pretty slick. From what I have seen, a lot of the vehicles sell for less on Purplewave than they do locally, so if you buy at the right price, you may be able to make a profit. With Purplewave, you bid and pay on the site, and they send you the receipt (and title if there is one). You then arrange with the seller to pick up whatever you purchased, instead of with Purplewave staff.

Finally, there us GovPlanet. This is a fairly new site. They won the Federal government contract to sell military and DOD surplus vehicles. They have been in the news lately because they have begun selling HMMWVs. The good news,especially if you want your own Hummer, is that they finally circumvented the restriction that military surplus HMMWVs could only be used off road, and they are now issuing SF-97s when you buy one, which you can take to your local DMV to get a title and regular registration. Govplanet sells military construction equipment, trailers, cargo trucks, semi tractors, and many other vehicles.Their bidding process is a bit different. The actual live auction runs for less than a day, however you can “pre-bid” on any of the items for a couple of weeks prior to the day of the auction. When you pre-bid, it will tell you if you are the current highest “pre-bidder”, and you can bid again if you want. The day of the auction, you can also live bid on the item, however the live portion of the auction only lasts for a couple of hours. Govplanet is probably the easiest site to search closed auctions, so you can see what similar items to what you want have sold for before. The one thing I don’t like about Govplanet is that their starting bids are much higher than the other sites. For example, they will start the bidding for an M923 cargo truck at$2,000, where Govliquidation would start them at $100. In the long run, it does not make much difference as they almost always sell for above the starting bid anyway, but it does eliminate the (slight) possibility that you might get areal bargain. Although I have bid both by pre-bid and live bid on this site, I have not yet won anything, so I can’t speak to how easy the transaction goes from my own experience. From what I have read on a couple of military vehicle enthusiast sites, they seem to be okay to deal with.

Tips to use with all these sites are to search for alternate spellings or misspellings. Also you need to ensure that you know what the shipping and (if any) handling or other fees and expenses will be before you buy. Research what something is worth before you bid. If you have a question, email the seller. I have rarely had a seller refuse to answer me when I ask a legitimate question.Ensure you know where the item is located. You can get a great deal on cargo trucks in Guam, but the shipping will kill you. Personally, I bid what I want to pay for the item, and let the site autobid for me up to my limit. Some sites do ask if you want to use autobid or if you want to bid the full amount, so be sure of what you have selected. If someone comes in at the last minute and buys the item for $1 more than my bid, so be it. I know a lot of people who like to monitor the auction up to the last minute, hoping to “snipe” the item and get it for $1 more than their competition. While I do this on occasion, usually if someone wants to outbid me, more power to them.

If your search yields too many results to look through and you can’t figure out how to refine it, sort by price or by number of bids. This will bring to the top items that at least one other person thinks is worth buying.

Finally, if you are buying military surplus items, be sure you check to see if you are required to de-mil (or chop up) the item before you can take possession. It would not be fun to buy something like a helicopter and then find out you had to cut it up into pieces less than three feet square.

While the days of the brand new Jeep still in a crate for $45 (like they used to advertise in Popular Mechanics in the 1960s) are gone, by using these sites you can still get some useful bargains and save money on preparedness.

JWR: Adds: I agree that how you you phrase your searches is crucial to locating online auction listings and successful bidding. If there is an item that is quite sought-after and often bid up to high prices, the trick of making your search for a seller’s unintended mis-spellings (as B.F. mentioned) does indeed work! For example, last year I was the only bidder on a “no reserve” auction for Hensoldt rifle scope on an HK claw mount because the seller had mis-spelled it “Hensolt”. I got that scope right at the opening bid, which was only about one half of its normal retail price. So doing my automated searches for Hensolt, Hensodlt, Hensolth, and Hensold really paid off!

http://survivalblog.com/internet-auction-sites-for-preppers-by-b-f/

agnut

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hi all. Lots of family and personal issues to address lately, so little time or energy to post much here. Also, garage and estate sales have been fewer this year. Last week there were zero garage sales listed in the local paper and only two local ads on Craigslist; I’ve never seen that before. I know that the real economy is hurting and would expect that folks would be more prone to sell their unwanted items. The velocity of money had been on a downward spiral for some time and the possibility of disappointing sales may be discouraging potential sellers. People are holding onto what money they do have; I can’t blame them. I’m also holding some reserves in anticipation of better future deals.

As an example, I was at a local thrift store last week and spied a Dyson ball vacuum cleaner for sale. I already have one that I picked up a few years ago for $40 and thought I had gotten a bargain then. The best vacuum cleaner I have ever used. But this Dyson was for sale for $10 ! A few years ago a new Dyson would cost around $500 but I have seen ones for sale lately for around $300. I’m just saying that prices have softened lately even though inflation has been eating away at purchasing power of the dollar. And with the government reporting that unemployment is at 5.1%, we all should realize that the news reported is a fabrication (to put it mildly). John Williams of Shadowstats.com has been reporting for some time that the true unemployment is around 22%. We are in a depression folks and must act accordingly if we are to survive and prosper in the future. If you don’t believe that we are in a depression, at least act as though we are. All we need now is to dredge out that old song “Happy days are here again” and the scenario will be complete.

A couple of weeks ago I was at another thrift store and saw a Skil worm drive power saw sitting on a back shelf. I asked how much and the salesman said “How about $5 ?”. I couldn’t get it into the truck fast enough. Now I have 5 of these types of saws put away for the future. By the way, I was at Home Depot recently and the price for a new Skil saw was about $170 with tax.

There are bargains and then there are outright steals. Like the two deals/steals above. Maybe it is time to hold back and patiently wait for the steals. I don’t know for certain; it could just be my personal experiences.

Will America be marginalized internationally to the point that all the excess bounty will be used up and scarcity of many manufactured items will become the rule of the day ? I don’t know how it will all play out but I do know that with true inflation of around 9% as well as poor quality of many, many imports, I have been collecting quality items (old American made items particularly) that I believe will not only hold their value but may also command a higher value in the future. I’m not talking as much about selling for dollars but rather for bartering and horsetrading.
Here are a couple of articles pertinent to this post :

IGNORE THE MEDIA BULL$HIT – RETAIL IMPLOSION PROVES WE ARE IN RECESSION

http://www.theburningplatform.com/20...-in-recession/

Wal-Mart’s Worst Stock Crash In 27 Years Is Another Sign That The Economy Is Rapidly Falling Apart
By Michael Snyder, on October 14th, 2015

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...-falling-apart

So what do you think this coming winter will look like ?

This Christmas, all presents will be things I already have. Even the wrapping paper I got for free. I’ve been doing this for years and everyone loves it. Cheap bastard? You Betcha !

If those in power think we will stretch our finances to the breaking point, they have another think coming. I never forgot what my old boss said back in the early 70s, “Watch the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.”

As a last note, take good care of the items you have accumulated. I had a leak in one of my storage buildings and water damaged some of the items. Fortunately I caught it in time and only lost a few things. But it took me two days to repackage and move everything to the barn where it is dry and safe. Also, I have so many items bought through the years that I am continually rediscovering things. Many, many things. It’s like opening Christmas presents throughout the year. HoHoHo

And don’t forget the homeless and struggling. In our area there is an unusual thrift store in which items are sold for donations; no prices listed. Also there is a huge room with items specifically for the homeless, all for free. I talked with the manager about the homeless and she said that they most need small tents, tarps, shoes, sleeping bags, winter coats and socks. What we bless others with will be repaid in many ways. “Let your light so shine that others may see your good works and glorify you father in heaven.”

Best wishes,

Agnut

P.S. Thanks to all of you who have contributed so much to the bartering and horsetrading thread. I have learned of many things I never knew existed as well as been able to expand my abilities. I can’t thank you enough.

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success. "
Ralph Waldo Emerson

agnut

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Here are a couple of other articles to ponder :

CONFUSION, DELUSIONS & ILLUSIONS
http://www.theburningplatform.com/20...ons-illusions/

and
Goodbye Middle Class: 51 Percent Of All American Workers Make Less Than 30,000 Dollars A Year
http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...dollars-a-year

After having read these articles it is obvious that most folks are hanging on by their nails, trying to maintain their lifestyles as they see it slipping through their fingers.

In the past I have commented that there has been a resurgence of buyers at garage, estate and moving sales; it has been occurring over the past several years. I have been observing these new buyers who are better dressed, drive nicer cars and carry themselves differently. They are there because inflation with all the other costs being heaped upon them has been taking a toll on their net income, income that has been essentially flat to downward. Smart move but they should have been doing this long ago; they have actually been forced by the realities of financial trends.

I was fortunate in my youth to have seen the insanity of insisting on buying everything at retail. What is “new” ? Is something we buy in a store really new ? Or has the clothing been tried on by several other customers ? And after we pay over the counter for an item, is it still considered “new” ? I can’t tell you how many times I have gotten items at garage sales that still have the price tags on them and are still in the box. No, no; the whole problem so many folks have is in their pride and having never sat down and realized that they have the power to think for themselves.

Who the hell cares that I have a Dyson vacuum cleaner that was previously used by some other citizen ? It was about $500 new and I just bought a used one for $10. Let’s see, $490 dollars saved which is really much more when we consider that that is after tax income which is much greater. How hard and long would we have to work to net that $490 after taxes ?

Good grief ! I have been living outside the Matrix all of my life and had not perceived it in this way until just now !

You see, I have always been floating above the masses, unshackled by all the marketing persuasions inundating all of us daily. I majored in business management back in the 1960s and often thought that I would have been better off having majored in marketing instead. And now, right now, I realize that that would have been a big mistake from the path I have taken. And as Robert Frost said ” …And that had made all the difference.”

I have owned several businesses and not sold things in the ordinary sense. Let me explain. I see myself as a presenter rather than a salesman. The quality and value of an item should be self evident to the buyer; otherwise it is not a fair barter. My job is to see that what I have to sell (or present, if you will) is worth the value at which I am offering it. No lies or deceptions. I have stood behind this all my life. The secret is an old used car saying, “You don’t make your money selling a car; you make your money having bought the car.” In other words, if you paid too much for a car, you will not profit in selling it. This is true whether you are presenting a pizza oven or a bicycle. Now I fully realize that the buyer has his own perception of the value of an item; that is his own business. I don’t try to get the maximum in selling but leave some extra value on the table for the buyer.

Sure, I could sell an item for a higher price but what does that do ? Less buyers willing to shell out more of their hard earned money and therefore a longer time to sell my items. Time is crucial in ability to turn over an item so that we can move on to the next deal. It is money held back from opportunities. Items need to flow into and out of your hands like a stream flowing. Otherwise, we are building a dam holding back our greater potential. Turnover is a concept we all should have in the back of our minds when we buy an item for resale. Sometimes I have had an item sold before I got it home.

I am guilty of sitting on a multitude of items for years. Why, you ask ? Well, I am an art lover of many things and am paying for my appreciating these items rather than selling them right away. I have a lot of art that I enjoy looking at rather than I would enjoy the money I would receive. This changes over time as I sell some of it and replace it with something else that has caught my eye. I made up a saying that goes something like this. We can own nothing in this world but only have use of it for a time, for we are mortal.

Another thing I do is collect items that I believe will be of greater value in the future. It is not just about money but possible bartering for another item or labor traded. The worm drive Skil saw I got for $5 mentioned in my last post is an example. Why these expensive power saws are so cheap on the used market is unknown to me but I will continue to collect them as I see them. I have 5 of them as well as many of the cheaper power saws. If I were to set up a display selling them I would price the cheaper saws at $15 to $25 and the worm drive Skil saws at $50 to $65, depending on condition. Note that I have left room to haggle. It is important to tell the buyer what the new price is in order to give him some perspective. I could even throw in a few blades to sweeten the deal. I pick up these blades for less than a dollar and have many.

Most of my life I have listened to others complaining that they don’t have enough money. And you know what ? I could never understand it from my perspective; I thought everyone was doing pretty much what I was doing. Color me ignorant ! But this unawareness goes further; I also could not understand what coveting meant; by the way, one of the Ten Commandments. Had to look it up in the dictionary.

Yeah, living outside of the Matrix. I like that. Anyone can join me whenever they like. All ya gotta do is disconnect all of the tubes mankind has been feeding off of. There is the peer pressure tube. The ego tube. The MADison Avenue tube. The MSM tube. And the boob tube.

And once you do this you will be living within a whole new world of opportunities and control of your life.

Although things have gotten harder to find these days, there are other places to look such as thrift stores, Craigslist, auctions, government and county sales. If deals in your local area are unproductive, it may be time to look within a 25 to 50 mile radius.

Best wishes,

Agnut

“The real hopeless victims of mental illness are to be found among those who appear to be most normal. Many of them are normal because they are so well adjusted to our mode of existence, because their human voice has been silenced so early in their lives, that they do not even struggle or suffer or develop symptoms as the neurotic does.” They are normal not in what may be called the absolute sense of the word; they are normal only in relation to a profoundly abnormal society. Their perfect adjustment to that abnormal society is a measure of their mental sickness. These millions of abnormally normal people, living without fuss in a society to which, if they were fully human beings, they ought not to be adjusted.”
– Aldous Huxley – Brave New World Revisited

A lack of discipline, inability to delay gratification, failure to understand basic mathematical concepts, materialistic envy, absence of critical thinking skills, and a delusionary view of the world have left the majority of Americans broke and in debt.

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
There are a whole host of folks that think spending more dollars on an item makes it or them look better[I love these people]. Nothing I like better than seeing a person show up to buy one or more of my items in a $80,000 dollar vehicle as my price will remain high or climb in price. Same as doing antique/gun/art shows, a lady with a $10,000 wardrobe and big $ doos will pay a higher price for an item cause they think it is better for them.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Just a little bump...............

It's a podcast..............nothing to see so you can listen in one window and play around on GIM or surf the net in another window.

Scavenger Life Episode 226: Using What You Have vs Acquiring More

https://youtu.be/UYYV6AvmC0Q

Published on Nov 8, 2015
Another quiet-ish week for us on eBay. We haven't seen the holiday sales yet (Hope they come!) But things are still selling and we're listing as fast as we can.

Many Americans are obedient consumers always buying new things whether they need them or not. But even as Scavengers, we can get into the habit of constantly acquiring more stuff. We may never pay retail, but there's always more to bring home. We remind ourselves to use what we have and sell anything we don't need. It's a lesson that has done well for us so far...especially when sales are slow and money needs to be saved.

Join the discussion ► http://www.scavengerlife.com/
Resources we use ► http://goo.gl/dwRDYh
Who we are ► http://goo.gl/bjOPCf
Subscribe to us ► http://goo.gl/GjJUDg

We live in rural America, and we are Scavengers -- especially when it comes to making money on eBay by selling items we find in or near the waste stream, at auctions, yard sales and thrift stores. This allows us to avoid full time jobs, which gives us more time to scavenge and enjoy our lives. It's a positive reinforcing cycle.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
There are a whole host of folks that think spending more dollars on an item makes it or them look better[I love these people]. Nothing I like better than seeing a person show up to buy one or more of my items in a $80,000 dollar vehicle as my price will remain high or climb in price. Same as doing antique/gun/art shows, a lady with a $10,000 wardrobe and big $ doos will pay a higher price for an item cause they think it is better for them.
I never pay retail for anything...ask my kids :)

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Blah Blah...make money in your pajamas...blah blah.

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Bought that feed mixer for $250 just cause I thought it was cheap. Put it up on kijiji for $1,300 and guess I should asked twice that as it disappeared in minutes. Flipped the 165 tractor for a grand profit. When you see potential take the chance. You may get burned once but you'll make out like a bandit more. Tried selling some live turkeys online which kinda/sorta turned into a fluster cluck as all respondee's wanted me to butcher them. 2 fellows however wanted feathers only and are willing to pay 50 cents per which added $15 to each bird I sell butchered. Who knew?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Just a little bump..............

Garage Sale Gold!! How Much Is It Worth?? My Best Garage Sale Find Yet!!
John Picker

Published on Jul 24, 2014
My Garage Sale Gold Rings!! How Much Are They Worth?? Alpena Michigan 2014 My Best Garage Sale Find Ever!!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Scrapping And Garbage Picking!! Trash To Cash!! Alpena Michigan!!
John Picker

Published on Jul 24, 2014
Rich and Famous Tour!! Scrapping some Metal at The Recycling Center and Doing a little Garbage Picking!! Scrapping America 2014!! Cast Iron Griswold Kettle, Grills, Fold Up Chairs and More!! Alpena Michigan 2014!!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Scrapping In The Suburbs Part 1 of 2
TheDreamCar

Published on Jul 6, 2012

Scrapping In The Suburbs Part 2 of 2
TheDreamCar

Published on Jul 14, 2012

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Night Time Dumpster Diving in Naperville Illinois USA
TheDreamCar

Published on Apr 7, 2014
Greg Zanis and his son Chris Zanis go on a Dumpster diving adventure in Naperviller Illinois USA. We found a lot of clutches that we have sold for money at $1 and some for 50 cents each. We also went back to the same dumpsters in the day time and found metal and more.

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
I guess part of this horsetrading stuff works better when you sell your stuff where it is needed. A couple weeks ago I met a fellow on a lake up here with an old Jiffy Model 90 ice auger. It wouldn't run and I drilled him holes with my auger. We talked about his old auger and how he couldn't find parts for it anymore. I offered him $20 for it and to my surprise he was pissed off enough to walk away from it. Brought it home and tinkered for a couple hours in the shop cleaning the carb, sharpening and such. Fast forward to Sunday and I took it out to the lake again and tried it in front of the world. Old hog drills like a champ and looks good too. There was a group of young guys there for an afternoon of fun/fishing who had a dull hand auger. I sold the old girl for $250 which made my day. Most folk would be well advised to learn something instead of just paying those who do know something their hard earned cash.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
How to Start Hustling - Intro Video from the Bonafide Hustler
Bonafide Hustler

Published on Feb 7, 2012
I discuss how to make some great side money, brief tactics, item examples, pep talk, and the item of the day. More videos to follow. Thumbs up if you like and want to see more.

Bonafide Hustler - Risk Explained
Bonafide Hustler

Published on Feb 12, 2012
I briefly talk about risk,some items I have found this week, some of the great returns I have made, and I end with the item of the day - Vintage Cameras

Bonafide Hustler - Where to Find Stuff!
Bonafide Hustler

Published on Feb 18, 2012
I talk about the things I have sold and am about to sell. I also tell about where to find all the stuff - a bird's eye view. More to come in the book! I end with the item of the day - Dooney and Bourke vintage purses. If you enjoy these videos please thumbs up and subscribe!

THE SECRET TO VINTAGE PICKING
Bonafide Hustler

Published on Feb 19, 2012
I show how a 40 dollar risk can turn into a 400 or more dollar profit. Items shown range from tobacco tins to old Westinghouse meters. This is all real and unscripted! Look at all these items before they go to market!!! Buy vintage stuff - risk a little of the total amount, make killer profit! If I can do it - anybody can do it

**If you enjoyed these vids and want to see more here's a link to the channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBonafideHustler1/videos

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Just a little bump...............

GREEN ROOM HANGOUT #26 - THE OUTDOOR HUSTLE
Bonafide Hustler

Streamed live 14 hours ago

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
GREEN ROOM HANGOUT #27 - BIGGER, BADDER ELECTRONICS
Bonafide Hustler

Streamed live 9 hours ago

agnut

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hi all. Searcher, I want to thank you for all the posted videos; you have enriched this bartering and horsetrading thread for all to see the many possibilities to be had. You know, if someone’s discretionary income has evaporated over the years due to inflation coupled with stagnant wages, buying bargain items and reselling them will compensate for the losses. Otherwise, folks just get dragged down the financial hole with all the rest.

Here’s a sale I attended a couple of months ago.

A friend told me about an estate sale in which the owners wanted to clean out the house on order to get it ready for sale. This type of motivation often results from such a scenario. My favorite kind of sale; the owners see the goods as being in the way of a much greater purpose and will sell or give away just to not have to move the items somewhere else.

The sale began on Friday but I could only attend on Saturday. Sometimes this can be good if there wasn’t a large group of buyers the first day.

When I got to the sale there was a very nice man holding down the fort with the garage contents. I could see that it had been picked over but still a lot of small items remaining. I asked if he would give me a discount on a pile of items I wanted. He happily consented. I set about piling all the items I wanted in a corner. When I got done he totaled up everything and gave me a discount as well as no charge on some items. I also had been eyeing a reel to reel Hitachi tape recorder; it was sitting back in a dark corner. I asked if it worked and he told me that they had bought it new, used it once and never used it again. The price tag said $5. I had been looking for one for my stereo system and this looked like a prayer answered. The other items and prices are as follows :

Breakfast in bed light wood table (nice for my laptop) $1

6 pair used work gloves $1

4 funnels free

2 tarps $4

2 pair pliers (old school) $1

6 boxcutters $1

8 yard sprinklers $1

6 rope/chain couplers $1

8 quart veggie steamer $1

4 paint scrapers $1

8 water hose splitters $1

Garden clipper free

Box misc. tools, parts free

Sump pump $5

1 box of rope $1

Set of coveralls free

3 tubs wheel bearing grease free

Box of gardening tools free

Three foot high drum full of washcloths and towels for shop rags $1

With the tape recorder I spent a total of $25. Not bad for a lot of items I could use as well as trade.

I next checked the house but could find nothing; it had already been seriously picked over.

Before I left, my friend and I got to talking to the seller and he told us that he knew of a distribution center that has tons and tons of various items which were donated. My friend and I will be looking into this next month; I’ll let you all know after we go. As you can see, one thing often leads to another which can be much greater than what you had originally intended. This is a good example of why we need to be ever aware and communicative with others. The opportunities are everywhere but the advertising comes in different forms.

In the beginning of writing bartering and horsetrading my motive was to help others in saving money so that they could buy more preps and especially silver (and gold too I suppose). I had read many times that readers posted that they didn’t have any extra money to accumulate silver (and gold too I suppose). And today with silver at just under $14 it looks like a good time to stack some more for the future. I recently read that J.P. Morgan has over 55 million ounces of physical silver; they have been on a mad tear lately and have bought more than 8 million ounces in the last few weeks. This is unheard of (in more ways than one) and they must know something big is coming.

Why Is JP Morgan Accumulating The Biggest Stockpile Of Physical Silver In History?

http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?86577-Why-Is-JP-Morgan-Accumulating-The-Biggest-Stockpile-Of-Physical-Silver-In-History&highlight=morgan

I spoke with a friend about buying more silver; he had bought his at about $8 average ten years ago. I told him that $8 ten years ago was like $15 today and the silver bargain is here and now if he will understand the dollar devaluation. I hope that he will take it to heart. There may come a time, perhaps soon, that he will wistfully think of his dollars in the bank as opposed to having bought silver with those dollars. I also told him that the Shanghai commodities market is set to open soon and they trade only in physical silver. No paper promises, no naked shorting, no manipulation, no payoff in fiat currency rather than the real physical silver. You know, the way all commodities should be traded. It is called honesty. If a man sells what isn’t hisn’ he ought to go to prison. Words of wisdom from my deceased grandpa.

Isn’t the paper gold on the Comex about 280 times the physical gold to back it up ? And what is the ratio for paper silver vs. physical silver ? Pure insanity in my opinion. Looks more like a casino than a commodities exchange.

Right now the silver to gold price ratio is 76.7 ounces of silver to one ounce of gold. The historic ratio is about 14 to 1; this was in relation to the quantity mined back then but I have read that the silver ounces mined to gold ounces mined ratio is now about 8.5 to one. So not only is the silver to gold price ratio out of whack, the silver to gold ounces mined is also out of whack, further making the case for silver to head even higher in relation to gold when the precious metals take off. In fact, I have read through the years that financial advisors believed that silver should be about $130 per ounce.

The last point I want to share is that I have been a believer in silver’s medicinal uses, some of which are not commonly known. I read that researchers found that silver used in conjunction with various strains of penicillin increases effectiveness as much as 100 fold. I have given my testimonial of how colloidal silver cured me of a case of genital herpes that I had for about 20 years. That was back in 1998 and I have had no symptoms since then. I had suffered with horrendous symptoms three or four times per year for almost 20 years and never had a single symptom after taking a therapeutic dose three times per day for a couple of months. Coincidence ? No, I believe that the words are “living proof”. I have my health and my life back. Thanks to silver. Is it any wonder that I call myself agnut ?

If you need further motivation, this article should do the trick :

“Scientists have found a new strain of bacteria that is resistant to all antibiotics”

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/scientists-have-found-a-new-strain-of-bacteria-that-is-resistant-to-all-antibiotics/news-story/f643ea45c989c63365c0e50ea4a5f3e0

Let me ask you a question. What happens when we have a pandemic for which there is no cure ? And silver is “rediscovered” to be the only salvation ? Will you call your stock broker and request physical silver from your Comex paper silver investment ? To paraphrase Marie Antoinette, “Let them eat paper”.

And what will the price of silver be in such a scenario ?

Don’t expect the pharmaceuticals to come to the rescue every time an antibiotic falls off the cure wagon. They aren't in it for health as much as for wealth.

My point is that we do not know of all the possibilities silver possesses for humanity. Is the price for an ounce cheap or too high ? You be the judge.

Best wishes,

Agnut

God is in gold and lives is in silver. Or gold has God in it and silver has lives in it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
I went to an antique auction on Saturday with the idea of maybe picking something up cheap. There may be a recession going on up here but it sure as [L] ain't in the antiques market. I ain't never seen so many dealers/tire kickers/idiots in one place that size in me life. Prices were exorbitant in my humple opinion. Ended up going to a couple second hand stores where I bought a pair of jeans for $5.

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
How to Start Hustling - Intro Video from the Bonafide Hustler
Bonafide Hustler

Published on Feb 7, 2012
I discuss how to make some great side money, brief tactics, item examples, pep talk, and the item of the day. More videos to follow. Thumbs up if you like and want to see more.

Bonafide Hustler - Risk Explained
Bonafide Hustler

Published on Feb 12, 2012
I briefly talk about risk,some items I have found this week, some of the great returns I have made, and I end with the item of the day - Vintage Cameras

Bonafide Hustler - Where to Find Stuff!
Bonafide Hustler

Published on Feb 18, 2012
I talk about the things I have sold and am about to sell. I also tell about where to find all the stuff - a bird's eye view. More to come in the book! I end with the item of the day - Dooney and Bourke vintage purses. If you enjoy these videos please thumbs up and subscribe!

THE SECRET TO VINTAGE PICKING
Bonafide Hustler

Published on Feb 19, 2012
I show how a 40 dollar risk can turn into a 400 or more dollar profit. Items shown range from tobacco tins to old Westinghouse meters. This is all real and unscripted! Look at all these items before they go to market!!! Buy vintage stuff - risk a little of the total amount, make killer profit! If I can do it - anybody can do it

**If you enjoyed these vids and want to see more here's a link to the channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBonafideHustler1/videos
ROTFLMAO! All day long! Having been in the Antique business full time for the last 20 years and part time my whole life I have to laugh at this guy! Yep he's my customer, I sell him that crap at full retail and turn a good profit. He in turn pays rent at a mall to try and turn a profit but the only one making any money off that junk now, is the owner of the mall. Yep I see them come and go "All day long"!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Nothing to watch in this one. You can listen to it in one window and play around on GIM or surf the net in another window.

Scavenger Life Episode 244: The Little Street of Virtual Shopkeepers
Scavenger Life

Published on Feb 14, 2016
We enjoy doing a weekly podcast and running this blog because it often feels like we're all shopkeepers sharing the same street, interested in what each is selling, and happy we're all in business. Instead of being isolated in dark rooms across the country, we're helping each other. Camaraderie over competition.

It's the deep of winter where we are. This is Jay's favorite time of year. Since there's no yard sales or flea markets to distract us, we continue to get a lot done. "Death piles" (boxes of unlisted items) continue to disappear in our house. We are working on three years of stuff we have put off photographing. We keep mentioning "death piles" because they are the thing that often paralyze sellers who shop way more than they list. Attack those piles since it's money just sitting there waiting to be sold.

We continue our Amazon FBA experiment, sending in 431 items in the past two weeks. About 25 items have sold. After in-bound shipping and final value fees, we've made about $145. Lots of low dollar items. We're learning. We've become scan monkeys.

If it wasn't for one very large $1500 commissioned art sale, we would have had the slowest week we've ever had. As others have said in the comments, sales trickled in for us. But we made the money we needed to make. When sales are good, keep listing. When sales are bad, keep listing.

Here are links we discussed this week: A listener told us that eBay has started a pilot program to help sellers find better resolutions when a buyer starts an unfair return. Sign up for it here http://goo.gl/H3k1qM. Thanks for every who educated us on the MSDS document we need to send in items to Aamzon considered "hazmat". Here's the page explaining how it works http://amzn.to/1VfaO8z. Dave has also set up a search engine specifically to find MSDS documents (super nerdy!): http://msdssearchengine.com/ And if you are in the area, think about renting our Farmhouse for a vacation. It's already filling up for the Spring and Summer. http://LurayModern.com You can listen to our other podcast on running a rental at http://shampooandbooze.com

Join the discussion ► http://www.scavengerlife.com/
Resources we use ► http://goo.gl/dwRDYh
Who we are ► http://goo.gl/bjOPCf
Subscribe to us ► http://goo.gl/GjJUDg

We live in rural America, and we are Scavengers -- especially when it comes to making money on eBay by selling items we find in or near the waste stream, at auctions, yard sales and thrift stores. This allows us to avoid full time jobs, which gives us more time to scavenge and enjoy our lives. It's a positive reinforcing cycle.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
GREEN ROOM HANGOUT #28 - MANCAVE MANIA! w GOLDEN FINGER PICKER
Bonafide Hustler

Streamed live 13 hours ago

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
How To Get Free Food (And Other P2P Solutions)
corbettreport

Published on Feb 22, 2016
CLICK HERE FOR THE INVESTIGATION: https://www.corbettreport.com/?p=17930

As we've discussed before, the peer-to-peer economy is emerging in surprising and empowering ways, with sites like RipeNear.me connecting people to local food sources in ways never before possible. But as the eye of Sauron (aka JP Morgan) alights on this new phenomenon, it's important that we take stock of the P2P economy before it is co-opted and corrupted. Join James for a new open source investigation into the P2P platforms that are helping to connect communities and empower individuals across the globe.

Here's the link to Rip Near Me: http://www.ripenear.me/