• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Beasties on my front lawn

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Cool...no tents, no needles...any poop on the sidewalk? Just kidding. Are they skittish around you or they've grown to trust you?
I can hand feed them. Oh... late add after the stuff below that I just thought of: I can call them out of the woods. Like chickums.

When they floof up during mating season, at least one of them will "train" or "bond" on me. He'll floof up, and shuffle closer to where I can actually sorta stroke his huge feathers. And this one will drive off all the others who would presume to try the same thing.

Lastly, they shed those huge feathers every year. So we have literally hundreds of exotic feathers in containers in the Chateau. Some are five feet long. Fuzzy (cat) LOVES to play with the big ones.

Scooter has about fifty peafowl that like to stay at his farm, so he has thousands of feathers. He's got a three-foot jardiniere that is jammed-full of them.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
They make too much noise unless you conditioned them.
A lotsa people say that. It just ain't so. They do have a really kewl melodious sort of yodel when they are trying to find each other in the woods (or if you yodel, they will answer). But you could go a month without hearing a sound.

Doggos, meanwhile... NEVER shut up. EVER. Fortunately, I like doggies. The two in the back are adorable: Razor blade and husky. But all they know is "WOOF!". And they will repeat it forever. :don't know::beer::blond:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
HAH!!

Herself came in and asked me to tell you about the time she called me in from the front, and I came through the garage... left the door open to the inside...

...and discovered Fancy Pants had followed me inside the house. Howzat fer tame?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I hear they are a great security alarm too, them and geese.
I have a brightly-lit-at-night American flag hanging out over the end my of dirt road. Statistically, this puts the Chateau in the 1%-percentile.

First off, you are prolly lost if you show up. Aside from the mail-lady and garbage guys, there will be no one but family down my road more than once a month... if that. And all the folks around know about the crazy old bastage with all the fargin guns, cannon, and stuff.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I have a brightly-lit-at-night American flag hanging out over the end my of dirt road. Statistically, this puts the Chateau in the 1%-percentile.

First off, you are prolly lost if you show up. Aside from the mail-lady and garbage guys, there will be no one but family down my road more than once a month... if that. And all the folks around know about the crazy old bastage with all the fargin guns, cannon, and stuff.
I take it you are NOT a social butterfly ?

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Extra points iffen you can steal waltz cannon. Not even mutton would dare to do that. Pull it off and you are an Internet legend.

Oh yeah

The birds shit all over his garage once.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Extra points iffen you can steal waltz cannon. Not even mutton would dare to do that. Pull it off and you are an Internet legend.

Oh yeah

The birds shit all over his garage once every fargin time it rains... Like today..
FIFY

Only the wildlife "Trick-or-Treat" his house...
I shotgunned three perps before I got to wondering why they were carrying bags of candy and ringing my doorbell. :don't know:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
that's the thing about Muttons, every time he gets out he heads straight to Vegas. He can't help it!

that's how he was caught the last time.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Last edited:

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Hey, wait Unca, that's MY HOUSE ! :make happy::dduck::dduck::dduck:

BTW, good ole GPS shows our house almost 1/4 mile from it's location ! :finished:

There are our "welcome mats" :rotf::rotf::rotf:

mat 3.png

mat 1.png

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter