• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Bye Bye Trolls | Or Why We decided to Censor all Dissent.

MIavatar

Silver Miner
Your Highlights

Detroit Metro Times
@metrotimes
Bye-bye, trolls: Why we banned comments on Metro Times

Bye-bye, trolls: Why we banned comments on Metro Times
It's with a sigh of relief that I can announce we've decided to pull the plug on the comments... more
metrotimes.com

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
trolls lives matter

tigerwillow1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The only value of the comments is for entertainment. You can't trust them to reflect honest opinion.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
The only value of the comments is for entertainment. You can't trust them to reflect honest opinion.
my experience has been 180 the other way

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Yeah they are probably way too honest in those comments. This is just more censorship and people being afraid to have others express opinions. That's the scary part. That's what parties like the Nazi's have always done, turn everyone into a mob of snitches.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Plenty of media ban comments, what irks me is when they ban comments only on certain subjects like that SPECIAL nation we are supposed to bow to.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I am from Detroit - and the Metro Times is the liberal/leftists local paper of choice. It was distributed freely around town and all the alternative lifestyle businesses, bars, groups, etc...advertised in it.

Its too bad. I bet those comments were worth reading...imagine conservative trollers blowing up the threads with truth bombs...splody heads all over the place...