• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Cash flowing during a depression

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Let's assume that what we are witnessing will indeed turn into a depression. Well, aside from monetary inflation & hyperinflation, atleast what FEELS like a depression - no jobs, people trying to find ways to make money. What were the best sources of income/cash flow during the great depression of the 30's? Was it high dividend utilities? Rental real estate?

Those who've studied gold, know that gold miners did extraordinarily well during those times. But I'm trying to think outside of the precious metals. Where to put my money AFTER making a killing in mining shares.

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Ask Joe Kennedy, Capone & all the other criminals who made fortunes illegally.

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
my hair has been on fire for 20 odd years,

now when my hair is really on fire, just don't really care,
will just keep doing what I do, and not worry about it

in a deflationary depression, preservation of any capital is paramount,
it becomes a ever decreasing pie

and the other option is we come out of this, and opportunity is there, in various areas

stick with what you know and what you like, the rest will take care of itself IMO

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
nicely done Densus

davycoppitt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Currently working on a Mixed use commercial rental property. One that if only the residential apartments are rented it will still cash flow. Other current project is expanding buying and selling of HVAC parts. When the economy turns people will look for the cheaper option on HVAC parts than the local wholesale house's insane prices.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
in a deflationary depression,
Do depressions have to be deflationary? I'm thinkin' if we have a depression, it'll be inflationary. At least when it comes to the price of what's needed for living.