• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Damn I was stationed in Germany last time buck was 120. Living like a king on the strong dollar.

I see what you mean now looking at the longer term chart of the dollar. It's been up and down considerably over the last 45 years and not a strong correlation to the gold price.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Here's dollar longer term potential pattern, I've posted since 2016 pretty much. As long as supports hold again, next healthy pull back target is still valid.

Dollar is down and gold is down as of now, it will be a chainsaw massacre on gold if dollars climbs more. Harry Dent could be right on this one. I don't believe in them though.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
hey louky - whats the DSI reading at?

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
CNBC was talking gold/yuan peg today, first time I've heard them mention it. Also discussing how FED QT is causing global/emerging market issues. Both themes finally went mainstream.

trade war = noise. up to powell
News media couldn't get off the trade war back here when it's all about FED, clear for months

Last edited:

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Seems like there should be some support at 1050, the POG at end of 2015.. If that doesn't hold then looks like 900 is next.. Thats just my WAG based on nothing other than looking at what I perceive to be support levels looking at the kitco charts. LOL.

You guys have all those fancy lines and number and squiggly marks and stuff. I know a few different chart formations based on my reading of 1 book. You guys know elliot waves and how to draw the lines on the charts and stuff.. I do try to learn and understand though. If I can grasp it well enough then I may play the futures market when this breaks to the upside. I think I have a couple years before this really turns around though.
If the fed changes course then it could come sooner but so far they don't seem to be backing down. Going to take some weak unemployment or any sign we are heading into recession to change their mind I think. For now it feels like they want to reduce that balance sheet and raise rates so they have some wiggle room in the future. Louky may have said some of this same stuff before.. If so I think it's worth repeating.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
What we need is the Federal Reserve to do 'something'... that should 'fix' it...

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
“gold does not burn and will survive the hottest of house fires”

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
ASX Goldies green today, it is all in the USD.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Multi year lows, add add add. Bless thy soul move coming
It's been a painful few months, but i've been periodically adding to my jan 2020 SLV call options.

I don't have charts in front of me, but IIRC - in the past, silver always breaks down right before it breaks up. It's what silver does.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Falling ... like bridges in Italy...

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Large Specs are significantly or record short: T-Bonds, Sugar, Coffee, JPY, Soybeans, Gold, Copper, Platinum, Silver
Large Specs are significantly long: Crude Oil, Dollar, Nasdaq, S&P

Weekly RSIs < or =30: Gold, Platinum, Sugar, Silver.
Their 21D MA DSIs: 12, 18, 16, 14.

Weekly RSIs > or = 70: DXY. Monthly RSIs > or = 70: S&P, Nasdaq.
Their 21D MA DSIs: 84, 75, 72.

Last edited: