• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Get long sweet FA's numb nut!
As soon as I figure out what the fuck FA's are I will get long them motherfuckas...just on the strength of your recommendation of course.

By the way...the last person that called me numbnuts...they havent found enough of him yet to do DNA testing on...

Just sayin'

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Area Play: The Val d’Or, Quebec Camp in Canada is Heating Up
Looks as if the big boys are swallowing up the little guys. 10 yrs ago Sinclair said this would happen...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Looks as if the big boys are swallowing up the little guys. 10 yrs ago Sinclair said this would happen...
Cycle based prediction, not so hard once you have seen it play before as he undoubtedly has.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Text can kill humor...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Increasingly convinced that the trouble comes from the Euornutz = USD up, gold up and blue chip US assets up.... after all the money once in the US has to go somewhere. This really should confuse the crap out of the gold world. ---> JM insane O.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
If martin is right, and I think he is, then this is all a set up for the big moves next year.. Sure feels different to me. He says pullback in the fall then next year should get the ball rolling..
I been out of the paper markets for a long time but been thinking bout getting back in and learning the futures market.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
If martin is right, and I think he is, then this is all a set up for the big moves next year.. Sure feels different to me. He says pullback in the fall then next year should get the ball rolling..
I been out of the paper markets for a long time but been thinking bout getting back in and learning the futures market.
I listened to his latest interview and dug in some more. Interesting for sure...

I assume you are talking futures and not options, here. What vehicles would you contemplate, if I may ask?

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I listened to his latest interview and dug in some more. Interesting for sure...

I assume you are talking futures and not options, here. What vehicles would you contemplate, if I may ask?
I was thinking silver futures. The regular ones, not the minis although it might be good to get my feet wet with the minis.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I was thinking silver futures. The regular ones, not the minis although it might be good to get my feet wet with the minis.
I'm not too familiar with the futures market. Looks like silver futures hold promise from where I sit.

davycoppitt

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
AG is my second largest holding. Took over the wifes Retirement account less than a year ago and that is her largest holding in it. Her account averaged a 47% gain in the time mostly because of AG. Its starting to get fun again.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Today I was thinking how metals don't pay dividends. Then I got to thinking about playing the ration to increase ounces held as a form of dividends......
after all it is about the amount of ounces....... Now you guys are playing miners & futures......... what's a guy to do?

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Today I was thinking how metals don't pay dividends. Then I got to thinking about playing the ration to increase ounces held as a form of dividends......
after all it is about the amount of ounces....... Now you guys are playing miners & futures......... what's a guy to do?
I have gold stocks that I put 5 figures into that are now in the 7 figure range and they have paid back multiples of the 5 figures in dividends. Essentially they are now 'free' positions. I bought some of them on blood bath falls, generally while being screamed @ by some of the more rabid gimmers of old that all paper is trash and physical is the only way to invest. Some of those stocks have bought more $$$ physical out of income than I put into them.

Being paid to wait is a good thing with gold miners, they must be profitable to pay dividends. I know it is old fashion but.... and at these levels royalty streaming silver miners have to be a Monty for income and a 10x return with very limited downside risk on the POS. They could easily be 5 figures in, 7 out and position paid for by revenue over the next 5 years. No promises mind you, DYODD etc. However, I do think that the window is closing on this sort of opportunity.

My
2c worth of luke warm air!

PS> Use extreme caution with time limited and leveraged instruments. They are useful but if you doubt your skill level they are no place to play, there are sharks in the pool and they can and will eat you.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I got into this as a stacker and at a core level that’s what I remain. If metals go on a tear would I sell some? Yes, I would. I would consider trading them out for some cheaper asset, if I felt there was an imbalance.

If you come to believe in metals, then it is a natural progression to be interested in mining stocks. Theoretically, if there is a big move up in metals then certain miners will move up like they are on steroids. Mind you not all miners are created equal. One can either do their own research, invest in some kind of mining ETF, or pay someone, like GSA, for instance, to do research and make recommendations. I have an account that sits in a 401k that I use for my miners and to do an occasional options play.

Options and futures are a whole other kettle of fish. They can be the ultimate in leverage plays, but you can easily go up in flames. It isn’t good enough to be right. You have to be right at the right time. I bought a few put 24 GDX options that expire this week, figuring that there was a large gap that stood a chance at being filled. It might still get filled down the line, but in the meantime my options will expire worthless. It was a small gambit and won’t hurt too much, but the point is that this is a common occurrence when playing options. You need to be really good to make them work. On my best days trading I might make it to mediocre.

Anyway, different strokes for different folks. The bottom line is that PMs held in a secure location represent a store of wealth and very little counterparts risk.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I got into this as a stacker and at a core level that’s what I remain. If metals go on a tear would I sell some? Yes, I would. I would consider trading them out for some cheaper asset, if I felt there was an imbalance.
Don't forget the option of getting short the ETF's in some manner. It may be more effective.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
You have to be right at the right time.
Yes... and writing options is MUCH safer than buying them. Keep that in mind as it can be a defacto dividend stream with covered call like strategies.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
BTW, flat down here on the open. I expected way more red... but?! Gotta be happy with that.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Another thing to keep in mind, if this plays out as a strong USD move WITH metals going up as well you guys in the US will be subject to a lot more cross currents etc than I will. We are trading different markets, the AUD has been at my back where as you will be contending with head winds (IMO). That said BUY TIME to be correct, that would be my advice.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I hate it when Zed turns this place into a damn blog thread!

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Gold 4H - On support and now looking properly due to swing upward. Needless to say we need to hold this support and break the overhead resistance with some gusto, a new high close is needed in short order to confirm any break out. IMO.

AUUSD-4H-20190717-1.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
USDX Monthly - long term. I can see us getting back to trend here which will boost gold. That process could/should take into early 2020. Then we will probably start up again. Interestingly this matches Martin Armstrong's cycle turn date. Then if we get going to the upside and crack that 103 level, 120 is on the table. @ that point the world should be feeling the pain. I guess that if anything big is going to unfold here it happens roughly on in this time frame. IMO the period of time where the USD changes direction will likely be very challenging for US based gold investors, factor that into your thinking my US friends!

USDX-M-20190717-1.png

Last edited:

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Silver Weekly - Not a complete bar yet but ***IF*** this goes well we could have a breakout week on our hands. They will be keen to contain this, hence the gold bashing while silver lets off steam. JMO.

AGUSD-W-20190717-1.png

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Anyone take delivery of their shares like in days of yore?

It would mean you don't trust the system (which is why we're all on a gold forum right?) to return your 'money'.

Kind of like the banks... you're an unsecured creditor to the risk the bank has taken on....

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Where the hell is Louky?

Why does he always seem to disappear when a rally seems to be getting a bit long in the tooth?

Hey Louky - where art thou?

Asking for a friend....lol (you know who you are)

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
USDX Monthly - long term. I can see us getting back to trend here which will boost gold. That process could/should take into early 2020. Then we will probably start up again. Interestingly this matches Martin Armstrong's cycle turn date. If we get going to the upside and crack that 103 level then 120 is on the table. @ that point the world should be feeling the pain. I guess that if anything big is going to unfold here it happens roughly on in this time frame. IMO the period of time where the USD changes direction will likely be very challenging for US based gold investors, factor that into your thinking my US friends!

View attachment 136402
I wonder about the international aspect factors into miner stocks, many of whom mine throughout the world. In other words, if there is a tailwind in USD price of PMs but prices are soaring in other currencies/countries, whether that be Australia, Canada, Mexico, South America, etc, what will be the overriding effect for mining companies who do business in these places?

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I wonder about the international aspect factors into miner stocks, many of whom mine throughout the world. In other words, if there is a tailwind in USD price of PMs but prices are soaring in other currencies/countries, whether that be Australia, Canada, Mexico, South America, etc, what will be the overriding effect for mining companies who do business in these places?
A good chunk of their cost go down, so yeah, AU and CN miners might be a good play for you.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Hopefully this will work for you...

How to Outlast Uncertainty
Perfect Timing
Featuring Ross Beaty and Grant Williams

Published on: July 12th, 2019 • Duration: 14 minutes

Ross Beaty of Pan American Silver joins Real Vision’s Grant Williams to discuss his experience successfully managing businesses through uncertain markets. Beaty explains that diversification, risk management, and critical thinking are the most important parts of helping a business to persevere. This video is excerpted from a piece published on Real Vision on September 21, 2018 entitled “Grant Williams in Conversation with Ross Beaty.”

https://www.realvision.com/tv/shows/perfect-timing/videos/how-to-outlast-uncertainty

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
What is GoldPass®?

At the touch of a screen, GoldPass® gives investors the unique ability to securely buy, store and sell physical gold via digital certificates. The app also allows the instantaneous transfer of gold to other GoldPass® users. The Perth Mint’s latest investment platform, powered by InfiniGold technology, offers investors the trusted quality for which Perth Mint products are renowned with the flexibility and convenience to access their wealth at any time. All GoldPass® digital certificates are 100% backed by physical Perth Mint gold stored in its central bank grade vaults, with the weight and purity of every ounce guaranteed by the Government of Western Australia. GoldPass® digital certificates are an alternative to cryptocurrency investments and will pave the way for gold to be used as a transactional currency. Using GoldPass®, investors may buy Perth Mint unallocated gold and can redeem their metal holdings at any time for cash or delivered physical gold

https://www.perthmint.com/goldpass.aspx

You can be sure that the mint has the gold unlike the bank but it is still unallocated exposure, just not fractional unallocated. May be an option if you have issues trusting the ETF's and you want a trading vehicle.

There is also https://kinesis.money/en/, but when all is said and done I don't know them from Adam and I have been to the Perth Mint!

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Cripes! Was that an advert? This place is going to the dogs!!!!!