• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
What is GoldPass®?

At the touch of a screen, GoldPass® gives investors the unique ability to securely buy, store and sell physical gold via digital certificates. The app also allows the instantaneous transfer of gold to other GoldPass® users. The Perth Mint’s latest investment platform, powered by InfiniGold technology, offers investors the trusted quality for which Perth Mint products are renowned with the flexibility and convenience to access their wealth at any time. All GoldPass® digital certificates are 100% backed by physical Perth Mint gold stored in its central bank grade vaults, with the weight and purity of every ounce guaranteed by the Government of Western Australia. GoldPass® digital certificates are an alternative to cryptocurrency investments and will pave the way for gold to be used as a transactional currency. Using GoldPass®, investors may buy Perth Mint unallocated gold and can redeem their metal holdings at any time for cash or delivered physical gold

https://www.perthmint.com/goldpass.aspx

You can be sure that the mint has the gold unlike the bank but it is still unallocated exposure, just not fractional unallocated. May be an option if you have issues trusting the ETF's and you want a trading vehicle.

There is also https://kinesis.money/en/, but when all is said and done I don't know them from Adam and I have been to the Perth Mint!
There was a neat bit on Kitco showing where the Perth Mint brought a 1 ton (yes, one tonne!o_O) gold coin to show off in front of wall street the other day. Apparently, yes they do have some gold.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Bridgewater Capital bullish gold?!

Attachments

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
GSR.png

Hat tip to Bottom Feeder for compiling the data... This shows actual production...Silver is such a steal at these prices...

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Bridgewater Capital bullish gold?!
Take Dalio's thought process regarding a paradigm shift and then think about the current GSR at 90 and the true ratio of less than 10 in terms of what is actually mined each year between gold and silver.

It is obvious to anyone paying attention that they have been suppressing silver to keep gold low in order to extend the life expectancy of their central bank fiat regimes around the globe...

Anyone that thinks gold is a relatively small market when compared to say the S&P500 or something is correct...it is small in comparison. But then when you think of how tiny the silver market is in comparison to gold...its like sub-atomic small in the big scheme of things...

I think silver is headed for a moonshot of EPIC proportions...it has been so ridiculously suppressed that they squeezed some atoms out of it...

So - back to Dalio...what happens when the paradigm shift happens and they realize that their suppression efforts are no longer working (because they cant)?

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Armstrong refresher...

Attachments

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Negative junk bonds! If I'd have predicted this ten years ago, well........!!!!!!!!

Attachments

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Gold 4H ---> Looking a lot like liftoff, new highs and then we can consider a shot @ the very high 15's ---> JMO, for now.

AUUSD-4H-20190719-1.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Kyle Bass and his zero bound fears... surely this would make gold the place for savings and national currencies just a medium of exchange?

Attachments

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Anyone that thinks gold is a relatively small market when compared to say the S&P500 or something is correct...it is small in comparison.
Yet all the frn's that created the market are backed by gold correct? :secret::belly laugh::dduck::winks2:

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Silver Daily - A quick pic of silvers progress. Some work to do, but it is a start.

AGUSD-D-20190719-1.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
My ASX Goldies +~4% on the open.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Gold Monthly --> The target area is marked and by the looks of it late this year is a reasonable timeline. ***Should*** we make this target and we get a bad period for stocks in Sept/Oct you should prepare yourself for the possibility that we track back down to the lower trendline. That could be as low as 1300 mid next year. Remember 2008, bathwater and babies went out the window together and then gold picked up afterwards. Watch for a similar outcome this time. However, in 2007/8 everything was 'priced for perfection', this time gold is quite unloved so by then it will likely only be the recent 'weak handed' momentum chasers that get flushed. That should limit downside, but, keep it in mind... markets go up the stairs & down the elevator!

AUUSD-M-20190719-1.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Today would be a nice day for gold to move to a new high. Maybe...

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
The gold miners have already broken out of their consolidation, and are chugging higher. Now it's gold's turn. Miners are leading the metals. This is looking good to me so far. Potentially some big profits still in store. We shall see...

It is unnerving to me to see a move like this just 2 weeks before the Fed meeting. The gold market has been so Fed-focused the past few years, it's become almost unnatural to have a real, technical breakout and sustained move separate from Fed meetings. However, prior to the 2008 top, it seemed that gold did it's own thing, for the most part. I'd be much relieved if gold started moving on it's own again. Forget the fed, let's get back to technicals.

Last edited:

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
You know, I was hoping for a pullback again, or atleast a decent entry point. But noooo, it just keeps going up. I have a little more $$ I want to put in the action, but I hate to chase this thing. Can't complain though. Today has been too sweet, alot of greenbacks lining my account now.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I think we just did it, depending on which chart you look.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Gold 4H - We are on a breakout by the looks of things. The second chart gives fibo projections based on the Flag/Pennant consolidation.

AUUSD-4H-20190720-1.png

AUUSD-4H-20190720-2.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
ASX Goldies on +~5.7% just after the open down here.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
You know, I was hoping for a pullback again, or atleast a decent entry point. But noooo, it just keeps going up.
The classic bull market mind trap.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
It is unnerving to me to see a move like this just 2 weeks before the Fed meeting. The gold market has been so Fed-focused the past few years, it's become almost unnatural to have a real, technical breakout and sustained move separate from Fed meetings. However, prior to the 2008 top, it seemed that gold did it's own thing, for the most part. I'd be much relieved if gold started moving on it's own again. Forget the fed, let's get back to technicals.
Christine Lagarde has been appointed head of the ECB, that is a fundamental shift in the skill set deemed suitable for the job. This is a major signal that they are positioning to handle a negotiated settlement of some sort within the Euro banking system (DB etc). That will end up driving the USD higher and put a bid into gold. This is what Trump is worried about, this is why weak dollar has been in the press recently. They know high USD breaks shit, they want no truck with that. Both ways gold wins for now and it is ALL to do with loss of confidence in the system and noting to do with inflation/deflation. Scared money and negative real rates lead to gold. Pressure is building IMO, we could be on the cusp of an acceleration in events. In the next 6 months maybe.

JMO, DYODD, etc.....

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
What he is saying about the dollar and the US being the best looking ugly sister is essentially what you have been saying on and off over about the past year or so. I heard it first from you before I heard it from Martin.
Yeah... the penny dropped for me years ago, I really can't remember why or when but I didn't read it clearly articulated until I went looking for it. Armstrong had most probably mentioned it prior but I have run into a number of people saying similar. They always struck me as the credible minority. Add that to the fact that the average goldbug is US centric (not intending to offend here) and focused on the USD down, stocks down, that made me discount the typically expected outcome as too simplistic. Basically that view isn't global and now everything is global, connected and virtually instantaneous!

JMO, DYODD, etc.....

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Again I hope this link works, most RV vids are not publicly shareable.

The Case For Gold
Technical Trader
Featuring Greg Weldon

Published on: July 18th, 2019 • Duration: 18 minutes
If the next global recession is approaching, is it time to turn to gold? That’s the case that noted trader Greg Weldon makes. Weldon believes that central banks’ response to the potential downturn will create very bullish conditions for gold prices. Weldon also provides his commentary on emerging markets and on commodities more broadly. Filmed on July 12, 2019 in Jupiter, Florida. For more of Greg Weldon’s views about gold, see gold-guru.com.

https://www.realvision.com/tv/shows/technical-trader/videos/the-case-for-gold

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Yeah... the penny dropped for me years ago, I really can't remember why or when but I didn't read it clearly articulated until I went looking for it. Armstrong had most probably mentioned it prior but I have run into a number of people saying similar. They always struck me as the credible minority. Add that to the fact that the average goldbug is US centric (not intending to offend here) and focused on the USD down, stocks down, that made me discount the typically expected outcome as too simplistic. Basically that view isn't global and now everything is global, connected and virtually instantaneous!

JMO, DYODD, etc.....
Great perspective. I have been part of that average goldbug mentality, and I think that is damaging from a trading standpoint. It is good to try to get out of the beaten path.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GDX Weekly - One for you lot up there. If you want to re weight your portfolio, cull the laggards and add some distance runners THEN my approach here would be to SELL @ ~ 31 on exhaustion (i.e. IF the chart looks done!) and look to add back @ ~27.5. I think that 27.5 on a pull back is the opportunity for any new money you might want to deploy. All the caveats apply! Make sure the chart looks right at the time, pick realistic stops if they are short term positions and apply sensible risk management!

GDX-D-20190719-1.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Silver Weekly - The last bar isn't done yet BUT so far she looks like she is smashing it out of the park. This is silver saying to gold ---> "Call that a break out?" LOL.

AGUSD-W-20190719-1.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I've just run into an interesting thought. There are two small funds that got in trouble recently, Woodford and another. They ran into liquidity issues on redemptions ie: they couldn't sell assets to meet redemptions, no liquidity, no cash! ... and they are tiny. What the hell happens if a biggun gets hit hard for redemptions?!

Last edited: