• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
~-5.5% on the open... dum money opens, smart money closes. Lets see where we go from here.
~-7.5% in the end! Blood bath!!!! and we are still holding 1500. I think that the shorts just went to town... this could get interesting if gold holds up.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Corrections in a bull market are swift, short and brutal...

But they are also awesome buying opportunities...

For any newbies...here is my best advise...

Once you build your position in the PM space...sell 1/3 of your position into strength (sell it when you are tempted to buy more)...and buy it back when you are tempted to sell it all... that is the essence of buy low and sell high...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
And we are still in the foothills of this climb...

What are the corrections gonna look like as we climb near the peak of the mountain?

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Charts? You want charts with your TA??? OK, the link below has 6 charts that are well worth seeing. For example, I am happy to salute this flag chart:

Flags.jpg

The text portion of the link is also well worth reading. For example, this note of caution seems right on the spot to me:
Caution.jpg

Enjoy! http://www.321gold.com/editorials/thomson_s/thomson_s_081319.html

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Silver Creating A Huge Bullish Cup & Handle Pattern?
by Chris Kimble | Aug 13, 2019 | Kimble Charting

Is Silver creating a multi-decade bullish Cup & Handle pattern? Possible!
Silver peaked at $50 in the early 1980s and then proceeded to fall for years. It peaked again at $50 in 2011 and it has declined for the past 8-years.
The two peaks at the $50 level could be the top of a bullish cup and handle pattern.
One this is for sure, Silver has been very weak over the past 8-years, as it has declined over 65%! The 8-year decline in Silver has created a uniform falling channel.
The move higher in Silver of late does have it breaking above the falling channel at (1). This breakout sends a bullish message to Silver owners.
The next important resistance test for Silver comes into play at the $17.64 level!
What would it take to determine if Silver has created a multi-decade bullish cup and handle pattern? A clean break above the $50 level, which is still a “long, long” way off!

the paper commodity gold/silver stocks got smacked today. I believe that they were way too overbought during that time frame. my paas is the only one crushing the charts.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Does anyone know of a good gold trading service or newsletter? There was one very good one that I’m trying to find. I thought it was Greg Welden, but I don’t see anything of his that is exclusive for the metals markets.
Zed, didn’t you post one recently?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I can't hardly stand the excitement... up, down, up, down... phew!

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 11.27.27 AM.png

lousy, another stats that is even more demoralizing:
"The 401k has been a disaster for most Americans: Only 44 percent of private sector workers participate in a defined contribution plan."

a must read!!! This is really where the money went. Your retirement savings chart is inflated because of a few super savers that messes up the actual median savings: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/01/the...st-will-be-unable-to-afford-a-solid-life.html

added to here: One thing I want to add to that, how are hospitals going to be able retain their employees? Same with private practice and dentists... this is going to be a fiscal nightmare for the whole system when people can't pay up. (I posted both places, too much trolling the post, sorry about that lol)

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
bottom of the box.....never changes....

Expert chartist probably never noticed, too busy looking at lines and patterns NCN
I think spx is heading back to last Dec lows. The only question is will that hold or drop another 10 to 15% below that to match the metaphone ending pattern? dow would be below 22000, and then add 10% below that would settle a bottom at 19,800

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I agree that if that's all someone 60-69 has to retire on they're in big trouble. Most intelligent old timers have a wide reaching portfolio where they have wealth stored in a significant number of assets sensitive to a number of different economic environments. Spread and store your wealth far and wide and you will sleep well at night knowing that you may never get rich using that strategy but, you'll always be solvent!

Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I agree that if that's all someone 60-69 has to retire on they're in big trouble. Most intelligent old timers have a wide reaching portfolio where they have wealth stored in a significant number of assets sensitive to a number of different economic environments. Spread and store your wealth far and wide and you will sleep well at night knowing that you'll always be solvent!
Average amercian doesnt have 500 for an emergency, ie intelligent "any timer" is the exception

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
And we are still in the foothills of this climb...

What are the corrections gonna look like as we climb near the peak of the mountain?
The mark-up phase should become real buy the dip territory but for now we are still getting established. My personal take, and what I would try and do if I where an 'evil bankster' is if the market was turning against me I would go for volatility just to scare the crap out anyone who wasn't of the highest conviction. The problem with this is that as you go one it gets more expensive and you end up fighting more and more high conviction players hence getting caught short becomes a bigger danger.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
+~3% out of the gate today.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
December Gold Options.

In order of where the money is...

Attachments

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
December Gold Options.

In order of where the volume is...

Attachments

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Notice that the money is all calls down to 1800P then all calls down to 1500P...

Put Premium Total $1,700,320.00

Call Premium Total $4,389,190.00

Put/Call Premium Ratio 0.39

Put Open Interest Total 172,674

Call Open Interest Total 331,885

Put/Call Open Interest Ratio 0.52

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Also notice that the volume supports the notion that we are indeed going to take a shot @ the old high before the end of the year.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
December Gold Options.

In order of where the open interest is...

Attachments

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The top four are insurance positions! Two of which will likely pay out.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
My question is what USD level is it gonna take for the public (and institutions) to actually start buying physical? I'm beginning to think they won't until new all time USD highs.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
My question is what USD level is it gonna take for the public (and institutions) to actually start buying physical? I'm beginning to think they won't until new all time USD highs.
The system melts up into the center of the empire. Note Gold prices virtually everywhere are at new all time highs yet still rallying in USD. The marginal buying is coming from the periphery and US smart money. Joe Sixpack USA will not get there for a while. JMO

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Last edited:

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Charts? You want charts with your TA??? OK, the link below has 6 charts that are well worth seeing. For example, I am happy to salute this flag chart:

View attachment 138679

The text portion of the link is also well worth reading. For example, this note of caution seems right on the spot to me:
View attachment 138680

Enjoy! http://www.321gold.com/editorials/thomson_s/thomson_s_081319.html
If you have been following this thread you'd have noted the large number of 'flag' calls made recently.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
ASX market heat map as of 11:15 AM EST Australia.

HeatMap20190815.png

... ASX Goldies are green and there are green gold stocks in the "most active lists" but mostly it is a see of red in the non gold stocks.

It is a brave new world for gold and related assets.

This just feels different.

Feels alive, vital, driven... etc...