• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Oh no. Its crystal clear whats gonna happen...

Its gonna go THIS way...and then its gonna go THAT way...but, it might do a little jig...and then a jag...on its way to THAT way...
Well, of course long term it is going to go that way... it's just that near term we could see a little more of this...:don't know:

Crystal clear... and eezy peezy!:meditation:

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
You guys!

You have been paying attention!

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
This was suppose to say lower low

Wouldn't be surprised by 1539 before a lower low. That's a watch out/red flag if it fails again
Would watch 1521 - 1539 closely on this next bounce, need support on 1539 for higher targets, imo.

If that area fails, current box 1449-94 would be open for lower low and i wouldn't want to see a sustained move below 1476. Otherwise i'd have to think 1359-68 coming into play - meduim time frame

Last edited:

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
If we are indeed headed towards a backtest of the breakout at $1369ish area...I would imagine that we will see a divergence between gold and the miners...meaning that gold may put in a new low - but the miners would put in a higher low at same time (miners tend to front run the metals)..

I think that is a realistic assumption if we are in fact in a new bull market...

That would make me think there is a limited downside risk in the miners...perhaps 10-15% or so?? Maybe even less than that?

I try to guard against insular thinking - but I am hard pressed to conjure up a compelling bear argument...

Anyone want to take a shot at a compelling bearish argument?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
It was just that some Big Dogs wanted to make a billion or so for a rainy day.

Run up.

Sell.

Down.

Buy.

Done. (Rinse)

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I think that is a realistic assumption if we are in fact in a new bull market...
I just hope that the bull isn't being goosed from behind by an electric prod and we get gored by the horns...

Have they stopped manipulating the markets? Asking for a friend....

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
If we are indeed headed towards a backtest of the breakout at $1369ish area...I would imagine that we will see a divergence between gold and the miners...meaning that gold may put in a new low - but the miners would put in a higher low at same time (miners tend to front run the metals)..

That would make me think there is a limited downside risk in the miners...perhaps 10-15% or so?? Maybe even less than that?

I try to guard against insular thinking - but I am hard pressed to conjure up a compelling bear argument...

Anyone want to take a shot at a compelling bearish argument?
Bearish is below 1269, it's that simple for me

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Gee. Mebbe I better sell now while I can... ;-)
Physical or paper?

1539 failure was the time to sell paper trades....now, 1485 spot, 1494 futures was the buy attempt zone

Swings? Well that's a whole "nother" ball game....what's your time frame? Day, week, month, multi month?

I notice 99% of the time when people on here [or any financial social media] are arguing/ debating, every single one of them is on a differnt time frame

It's all about time and personal risk tolerance/ risk management.

Long term outlook, we all agree or we wouldn't be here. That's why i showed up in 2014, sniffing a long term bottom in a market i'd never personally traded or invested in. Looking for knowledge and experience, primarily in regards to stacking, etc. Dipped my toes in with small buys in 2014, heavy buys 2015 and then posted to wait for 2017 summer (flash crash summer ) and be "all in" by 2018 summer at the latest with physical goals met. That was my plan for long term.

So yeah, i don't post about long term any more really. I've got physical stacked to the ceiling like beer cans for if/when those moves materialize.

The rest is just levels i would watch that are relevant historically and my interpretation of what to look at next. They aren't predictions or "bullish", "bearish" unless I state otherwise.

Last edited:

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I notice 99% of the time when people on here [or any financial social media] are arguing/ debating, every single one of them is on a differnt time frame
That, sir, is a fact! So important for understanding each other.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
This was suppose to say lower low

Would watch 1521 - 1539 closely on this next bounce, need support on 1539 for higher targets, imo.

If that area fails, current box 1449-94 would be open for lower low and i wouldn't want to see a sustained move below 1476. Otherwise i'd have to think 1359-68 coming into play - meduim time frame
Like this from February is the thought process

20190911_161933.jpg

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I just cant imagine why the parrot is squawking on tweeter all day every day for 100 bip cuts, massive QE, and emergency tax cuts

View attachment 140795
Looks like a textbook inverted head and shoulders pattern with the right shoulder forming...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
That, sir, is a fact! So important for understanding each other.
It used to get me hung routinely around here all those years ago.

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
It used to get me hung routinely around here all those years ago.
Quit your bitchen'....

Nobody every lynched ya...

Granted we tried a few times...but you were so slippery and had one of those pencil necks that Trump talks about - noose kept slipping off and you would scurry away...

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Oh, they did, as I recall. ;)

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Power off down here. GIM is blocked by my mobile provider, had to install A VPN to get past the free speech inhibitor!

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Power off down here. GIM is blocked by my mobile provider, had to install A VPN to get past the free speech inhibitor!
Commie bastages...

Is this a new thing or ongoing? The GIM blockage...

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I gotta say that the metals appeared pretty lethargic today in the face of the Trump ‘Fed bonehead’ zero interest comments. The bump was pretty small and short lived. Kinda has me thinking that we could dive down further here before this correction is over. Of course, I could just be suffering from ‘kicked too many times’ puppy syndrome. We c...

It would be cool if we have a new chat board topic that only provides polling for any guessing what the price of gold will be in a given time. Something like this:

Year 202_ guess your targeted gold price ________ We can get everyone on that and then maybe have a winner in the end.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Commie bastages...

Is this a new thing or ongoing? The GIM blockage...
Got put on a voluntary bad list because of the Christchurch vid post. The post got removed but the site will stay on the list because that's the way it works.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Geez that is pretty hardcore, and hits close to home. Big brother in the house!
Well yeah. Kinda brutal for a chat board with diverse opinions. All tarred with the same brush apparently! Dangerous path to travel IMO, but no one is asking.

Flat down here.

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Zed what a bunch of pussies running the show down there.

Blocking us for a stupid video. Do they not realise that we are a site full of silver bagholders, nothing more macabre than that.

gold is now making a triangle I think it will break to the upside but anything new surprises from the tariffs may invalidate the move. I can't seem to figure out the Chinese strategy if they are aggressively buying gold.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Zed what a bunch of pussies running the show down there.

Blocking us for a stupid video. Do they not realise that we are a site full of silver bagholders, nothing more macabre than that.
No, they realize nothing, they don't look, they just judge... the video was posted so we are a hate group of some sort... you know, organised or summin like that. Little do they know we probably couldn't agree on a decent breakfast order!

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Power is back... new pole and everything!

OK gold, time for Friday rally!

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
All that matters now at this moment is 1503 pivot, it's not bullish or bearish, just the facts man!
Just woke up...kitco spot tracker happens to be pinned on an interesting number

Screenshot_20190912-063622_Samsung Internet.jpg

Futures looks just like someone from the fringe planned it and drew it from memory beforehand, hmmmm

20190912_063948.jpg

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Just woke up...kitco spot tracker happens to be pinned on an interesting number

View attachment 140854

Futures looks just like someone from the fringe planned it and drew it from memory beforehand, hmmmm

View attachment 140853
Pivot = up and down...humpty hump....oh no, this is so scary says the trader "I don't know what's gonna happen". Purpose of the pivot

Top ofthe box? Hammer hammer, Nail, nail.....