• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
What this 'looks' like to me is someone set a stop loss and 'the market' went 'fishing'...

This happened to me 20 yrs ago with DROOY when it was sailing. I had 10K shares and was out of the country and thought I'd 'protect' myself in case inet wasn't accessible. Well, they (brokers - my guess?) moved the stock lower and took out stops way above me and then in a flash! Poof! All my shares were sold as well. It shows up as minimal noise in the day's trading activity.

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 3.00.21 PM.png

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
What this 'looks' like to me is someone set a stop loss and 'the market' went 'fishing'...

This happened to me 20 yrs ago with DROOY when it was sailing. I had 10K shares and was out of the country and thought I'd 'protect' myself in case inet wasn't accessible. Well, they (brokers - my guess?) moved the stock lower and took out stops way above me and then in a flash! Poof! All my shares were sold as well. It shows up as minimal noise in the day's trading activity.

View attachment 152380
Algorithms are designed to hunt stops like that. A big method for them to make a bunch of money. They make a bunch of small trades to get the price the direction they want and then the big trade gets executed.

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter

View attachment 152380
How well I remember, that long finger reaching down to stop me out of my position.

I used to trade gold futures and they have a session that opens from like sunday midnight to 2 am monday. They always ran the stops on very light trading at those hours.

Does anyone know how to use a triggered stop on a parked order? Like is there a way to have your sell order all set up, but only execute it on a trigger event?

Now that I look at what I just wrote, I don't know a way around it cause they did run the price down so the trigger would have to be on some other indicator/what's your point jon??

Ok again my point is they can see your order just sitting there and it looks like fresh meat to them. But if it's parked out of sight maybe they won't get down to your price.

Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
What was your intel that pointed to it having value?
Showed up on a scanner for unusual volume, then the due diligence points to rivival project (i posted the timeline a week or so back), then direct contact with the company that states 47 million in revenues currently, government mining records that cant be faked, exploration docs (cost money/fees), and more....

Yea, i think so. Wonder where the volume is coming from now? Only brokerage you can order is Schwab
Again, no brokers will let anyone buy or cant buy without calling....volume bar reeks of a big scam, but we'll see

IMG_20200123_042411.jpg

Was squeezing, high of the day when the event triggered too

Last edited:

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Snagged more this AM at 20.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
As fancy as I get... it's a lotto ticket...

LOL TD Amtrade just tried to get 40K shares at $0.0010
Order rejected: Opening transactions for this security must be placed with a broker. Contact us.

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 11.29.32 AM.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Does anyone know how to use a triggered stop on a parked order? Like is there a way to have your sell order all set up, but only execute it on a trigger event?

Depends on the platform, I can elect a certain volume as a condition.

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Depends on the platform, I can elect a certain volume as a condition.
My main trading account is IB, with a second acct at TD Ameritrade rolled up from ScotTrade.
Both places seem to have all the whistles and bells, that make life complicated.

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
TD Ameritrade rolled up from ScotTrade.
Me too, but it's difficult to get around in TDA... not intuitive and very busy....

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Me too, but it's difficult to get around in TDA... not intuitive and very busy....
I had heard how wonderful the TD Ameritrade "Think or Swim" platform was so I put it on my system. Then without practice I tried to use it when it really counted and it acted like one of those whack a mole programs. When I clicked on the order entry area the order jumped about 3 lines lower and everytime I tried it kept doing that.
I had to abandon it and use their generic entry platform.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
As fancy as I get... it's a lotto ticket...

LOL TD Amtrade just tried to get 40K shares at $0.0010
Order rejected: Opening transactions for this security must be placed with a broker. Contact us.

View attachment 152462
Yeah, you gotta call. What's strange is some with TD have been able order online without a call, most can't tho it seems.

Etrade blocked still

Schwab never any issue, still live

Fidelity never allowed buying from the beginning

Still nothing in terms of official halt or suspension. Have seen the same thing happen with at least 2 other fractional price stocks and then trading resume with no legitimate explanation, but remains to be seen with this one. Brokerages trade too, you know......*conspiracy hat ;)

Have solid evidence/ good enough for me that new website will be out within feb and filings will be done as well, likely before then, but only time will tell.....

Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Been here since 2014 and never posted any stock buys before....besides like "exk might be worth a look around $2". Definitely not trying to pump or get anyone to buy. I just thought this one would be especially interesting to watch (little did i know lol) and didn't see any risk from my first mention at .0006 after my 4 and 5's appeared to be confirmed as a good base the week before. Then posted 12's, 17's, 21's etc as adds, which were still like 100% upside even from there.

That said, the thing that makes taking "message board trades", like goldhedge mentioned is not that someone cant post and produce winners consistently, but that everyone has to manage thier own trade. The original poster cant do it for you, so that's why so many people still get blown up even with trading subscriptions or whatever. Like with ggsm, anyone including me should of been cashing out, especially when the uptrend line broke the day before it tanked giving plenty of time to exit. For me it's not a flip, i have seperate account for this type of play. I will get at least a penny out of ggsm or i'm prepared to lose it all. Then at a penny i will generate free shares to keep in the "bottom drawer" and see what happens.

Again, i posted ggsm because it was mining related and i expected fireworks. Not like it's my only fractional that i could pump. I have a reverse merger play active now, that i bought last September at .0005 and it's already over a penny currently (hopefully consolidating for news).

All that said, if miners are going to run like everyone here thinks, i believe the quality otc ones with mininal debt, high samples etc are going to be the real significant plays.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The true reality here, posted from .0006 before it ran. That's massive gains to .0045 that should of been locked up, but greed kills. ;)
Have solid evidence/ good enough for me that new website will be out within feb and filings will be done as well, likely before then, but only time will tell.....
Been here since 2014 and never posted any stock buys before....
Definitely not trying to pump or get anyone to buy.
I have a reverse merger play active now, that i bought last September at .0005 and it's already over a penny currently (hopefully consolidating for news).
whats the name of the company with the reverse merger you are referring to?

Here is how Investopedia describes a "pump and dump"...

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/pumpanddump.asp

Pump and Dump

By RAJEEV DHIR
Updated Apr 26, 2019
What Is Pump-and-Dump?
Pump-and-dump is a scheme that attempts to boost the price of a stock through recommendations based on false, misleading or greatly exaggerated statements. The perpetrators of this scheme already have an established position in the company's stock and sell their positions after the hype has led to a higher share price. This practice is illegal based on securities law and can lead to heavy fines.

The Basics of Pump-and-Dump
Pump-and-dump schemes were traditionally done through cold calling. But with the advent of the internet, this illegal practice has become even more prevalent. Fraudsters post messages online enticing investors to buy a stock quickly, with claims to have inside information that a development will lead to an upswing in the share's price. Once buyers jump in, the perpetrators sell their shares, causing the price to drop dramatically. New investors then lose their money.

These schemes usually target micro- and small-cap stocks, as they are the easiest to manipulate. Due to the small float of these types of stocks, it does not take a lot of new buyers to push a stock higher.

Pump-and-Dump 2.0
The same scheme can be perpetrated by anyone with access to an online trading account and the ability to convince other investors to buy a stock supposedly ready to take off. The schemer can get the action going by buying heavily into a stock that trades on low volume, which usually pumps up the price.

The price action induces other investors to buy heavily, pumping the share price even higher. At any point when the perpetrator feels the buying pressure is ready to fall off, he can dump his shares for a big profit.

Pump-and-Dump in Pop Culture
The pump-and-dump scheme formed the central theme of two popular movies, "Boiler Room" and "The Wolf of Wall Street" – both of which featured a warehouse full of telemarketing stockbrokers pitching penny stocks. In each case, the brokerage firm was a market maker and held a large volume of stock in companies with highly questionable prospects. The firms' leaders incentivized their brokers with high commissions and bonuses for placing the stock in as many customer accounts as possible. In doing so, the brokers were pumping up the price through huge volume selling.

Once the selling volume reached critical mass with no more buyers, the firm dumped its shares for a huge profit. This drove the stock price down, often below the original selling price, resulting in big losses for the customers because they could not sell their shares in time.

Avoiding Pump-and-Dump Schemes
Investors should be wary about notices that a stock is about to take off – especially when they are unsolicited – no matter how tempting it may be. Consider the source and check for red flags. Many notices come from paid promotors or insiders, who should not be trusted. If an email or newsletter only talks about the hype and doesn't mention any of the risk, it's probably a scam. Always do your own research in a stock before making an investment.

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has some tips to help avoid becoming a victim.

KEY TAKEAWAYS
  • Pump-and-dump is an illegal scheme to boost a stock's price based on false, misleading or greatly exaggerated statements.
  • Pump-and-dump schemes usually target micro- and small-cap stocks.
  • People found guilty of running pump-and-dump schemes are subject to heavy fines.
Real Life Example of Pump-and-Dump
A study conducted in 2018 examined the prevalence of pump and dump schemes in the cryptocurrency market, an area that is predominantly unregulated. Researchers identified more than 3,700 different pump messages and signals advertised on two popular cryptocurrency messaging boards between January and July 2018, urging investors to buy specific coins.

More at the link

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
TD Am supposedly getting merged with some other platform? Thought I heard that...?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Been here since 2014 and never posted any stock buys before.
No problem. This thread is respected as a good info resource.

Wasn't accusing anyone of being guilty of P&D...

You charting guys are awesome... I'm convinced louky is clairvoyant....

I appreciate all the tickers posted. I take the time and look a lot of them up. Some I even follow. Rarely do I invest in them unless I really think it's a good un.

It was just funny how quickly ggsm took off and then poof! Couldn't resist pokin fun...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yeah, you gotta call. What's strange is some with TD have been able order online without a call, most can't tho it seems.
I understood that screen message posted earlier to mean that the restriction only applied to initial positions and not adding or selling.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
If this pops through $29 I'm gonna back up the truck....

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 4.18.14 PM.png

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
From fake iran spike
When 75-84 fails, confirms fake breakout......next hopeful fake bounce zone 1548-1557 and 1539 bottom of the box
Looks like it bounced there as expected

Further back....
Upper box for reference.....needs a sustained move through 1575-1584 to invalidate the overall bear pattern/case in the medium term

Could still be a fake breakout, day high

Screenshot_20200124-191318_Samsung Internet.jpg

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
And the chart showing fake iran breakout, the 1548 bounce just like we planned it in advance and over head fib targets that everyone should of known were coming from planned bounce

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
1503 is pivot between the boxes, opens 1539, but i'm not believing this is anything other than a trade.....

Last pump before 1440, unless it breaks decisively through like 1575-1584 probably
So it was the last pump before 1440's AND what looks important now?????

Fibs become the numbers just like i said for years

Must be major manipulation when you just need good memory

Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
well it's not such much the MA itself, but the fact that it just so happened to land on that magical number at just the right time that's very interesting to me

well yes, of course the fibs, trendlines,MA's, etc always mysteriously become those numbers i post months and months in advance at just the right time
See me now?