• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

China Deploys Military to Fight Coronavirus as Confirmed Infections Approach 1,000

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Auburn design adapts CPAP machines into emergency ventilators
By Jeremy Henderson
Published: Apr 2, 2020 9:00:00 AM

Michael Zabala and Tom Burch, faculty in the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering’s Department of Mechanical Engineering, and Hayden Burch, a sophomore in mechanical engineering, helped design RE-INVENT, an accessory that would safely repurpose a CPAP into a functional ventilator.

A team of Auburn engineers has developed a way to quickly and inexpensively convert CPAP machines into ventilators, one of the most important tools hospitals have for helping COVID-19 patients.

Continuous positive airway pressure, or CPAP, machines are commonly used to help people with obstructive sleep apnea breathe more easily during sleep. The Auburn design, called RE-INVENT , is an accessory that would safely repurpose a CPAP into a functional ventilator.

Ventilators are in short supply at hospitals across the nation as the number of patients requiring respiratory assistance due to COVID-19 rises.

Tom Burch and Michael Zabala , faculty in the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering’s Department of Mechanical Engineering, and Hayden Burch, a sophomore in mechanical engineering, initiated the project. Additional engineering faculty and alumni helped refine the mechanical design, control system, user interface and alarms. Critical respiratory care medical professionals contributed to the design of RE-INVENT.

“What started as pure intellectual curiosity quickly grew into an emotional race against time to potentially save lives,” said Zabala, an assistant professor. “We wanted to know if we could design a solution to solve the ventilator shortage problem.”

The RE-INVENT team focused on a design that would reliably ventilate a patient for an extended period. They also considered affordability and ease of manufacture given the urgent, national need for ventilators. The device can be assembled in as little as four hours using approximately $700 in readily available component parts in addition to a standard CPAP machine. A ventilator typical in many hospitals costs as much as $25,000, often more.

“I use a CPAP machine, and it does 90 percent of what a ventilator does,” said Burch, who initially proposed incorporating continuous positive airway pressure into the RE-INVENT design.

Initially there were concerns that CPAPs could unintentionally spread the virus when the patient exhaled; however, the RE-INVENT design prevents that possibility by filtering both inhaled and exhaled air with the same viral filters already in use with standard ventilators.

“These are difficult times,” Burch said. “Everybody who understands the gravity of the situation wants to do something to help, so it feels good to think you’ve helped with something that may have an impact.”

Auburn officials are exploring options for sharing the design with health care providers and potential manufacturers. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has provided guidance to health care providers that may allow them to use RE-INVENT to help increase the availability of ventilators and other respiratory devices during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Health care providers interested in collaborating with the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering during the current public health emergency can learn more online about RE-INVENT.

Media Contact: Jeremy Henderson, jdh0123@auburn.edu, 334-844-3591

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Palestinian university produces model for inexpensive respirator
Abbas congratulates university on ‘great scientific achievement’
By KHALED ABU TOAMEH
APRIL 2, 2020

An entrance of the Church of the Nativity is seen locked amid coronavirus precautions, in Bethlehem in the Israeli-occupied West Bank March 11, 2020 (photo credit: REUTERS/MUSTAFA GANEYEH)

Researchers at Al-Quds University in east Jerusalem’s Abu Dis neighborhood have produced a fully computerized model of a respiratory machine for treating coronavirus patients, Prof. Imad Abu Kishek announced Wednesday.

The device was produced by a team of university doctors and engineers who began work on it after the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, he said. Its production cost is low, and the device can be carried around easily.

The breakthrough system passed the medical and technical tests supervised by a joint team from the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Engineering, said Kishek, the university’s president. It can be made with locally available components, he added.

The new respirator works in a fully computerized system, provides various types of breathing support and is intended for use in intensive-care units, Kishek said.

The process of producing a device on the basis of the model will begin immediately after it is approved by the Palestinian Authority Health Ministry, he said.

PA President Mahmoud Abbas contacted Kishek and congratulated him and the university on “this great scientific and humanitarian achievement,” the university said.

Al-Quds University was established in 1995. It has 15 faculties and 29 institutes and centers, among them the first Palestinian medical school and first research center for nanotechnology.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Nothing Is What It Seems, There Is Light At The End: Claudio Grass

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
New "Band Aid" like Vaccine For COVID 19, 3006 ~ Still reporting

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Dozens of University of Texas spring breakers who defied officials' warnings test positive for coronavirus
BY CAITLIN O'KANE

UPDATED ON: APRIL 2, 202

"About 70 people in their 20s traveled in a large group from Austin, Texas, to Cabo San Lucas in Mexico in mid-March. On Tuesday, the Austin Public Health Department announced 28 of them have tested positive for COVID-19. By Wednesday night, the number infected had risen to 44."

video at link

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/spring...0-pzKCLRzayhb7Xdz36Zv7zooIumWttxtzsXD1hTsvi_U

ABC123

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
GATES: Well, over this decade, we believe unbelievable progress can be made both in inventing new vaccines and making sure they get out to all the children who need them. We can cut the number of children who die every day from about 9 million to half of that, if we have success on it. And the benefits there in terms of reducing sickness, reducing the population growth, it really allows society a chance to take care of itself once you've made that intervention.
There he goes again! Same speech as the TED talk video. There can be no doubt of a quote taken out of context or misspoken words.

How exactly do better vaccines reduce population?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Is Extending Lockdowns Worth The Cost? (was Do Lockdowns Work?)
Willis Eschenbach / 2 days ago April 1, 2020
Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach
[UPDATE—

Well, I got up today and fired up the weed wacker and went out to sweat a bit in the sun. You can see the mowed part at the bottom and the much larger unmowed part behind … I limit my fun to one tank of gas per day, makes my hands shake afterward.

And while turning tall grass into short grass, I thought …

Rats! I asked the wrong question!

The question is not “Do Lockdowns Work”? The answer to that is obviously yes. All different types of those restrictions, from the mildest to the most draconian, will have some effect on the speed of transmission. So “Do lockdowns work?” is meaningless.

The real question is, “Is Extending Lockdowns Worth The Cost?”

That is to say, will any further extension of the lockdowns make any difference? From what people say below, we don’t see the effects of the lockdowns for three weeks or so after the imposition of the sanctions. Now, thanks to a most interesting site provided by my generally aggravating friend Steve Mosher, the future of the US looks like this (the site also has individual states):

If the peak is in two weeks, and the effects of what we do today won’t be visible for two weeks, and at this point the possible changes are small, is that worth the huge damage this lockdown is doing?

The problem that I see is the cost. One week of lockdown has cost us two trillion dollars, along with thousands of failed businesses, people unable to retire because their 401Ks are in the toilet, hundreds of thousands unemployed, a big uptick in domestic violence, and lots of jobs lost.

Now, I estimate that something on the order of 80,000 people will die in the US from this virus. (Curious me, I also looked up the estimate from the model above … 93,000.) Suppose the “flattening the curve” saves 10% of them. By all indications, it won’t, but let’s use that number.

That means that we have spent two trillion dollars to save maybe 8,000 people.

And that, in turn, means that we’ve spent a QUARTER BILLION DOLLARS PER PERSON, most of them over 70 like me but unlike me with other diseases, and put our economy in the crapper in the bargain. I may be wrong, but somehow I don’t think my life is worth a quarter billion dollars.

Now, think about the alternative—voluntary self-isolation, particularly of geezers like me, along with putting two billion into field hospitals, quarantine hospitals, accelerated doctor and nurse training in quarantine procedures, ventilators, masks, quarantine ambulances, drug production of antibiotics, chloroquine, and whatever drugs we need, instructional videos on social distancing, and the like.

I’d say there’s a good chance that we could save more than the 8,000 people by that method, and no matter how many we saved, we’d end up with a) a medical system second to none, b) a humming economy that just had two trillion poured into increased production, c) on-shoring our drug-production industry, d) no business losses, unemployment, or job losses, and e) no uptick in domestic violence.

Call me crazy, but I do NOT want to spend another two trillion dollars to prop up a mostly “feel-good” lockdown ..

Given the general ineffectiveness of these various lockdown-type interventions in the Western countries, and given that a couple weeks of lockdown have already cost us a trillion dollars and hundreds of thousands of vanished jobs and failed businesses and unemployed workers …

… given all of that, I have to ask … is yesterday too soon to end the lockdowns?

Don’t give up. Just end the stay-at-home shelter-in-place regulations. Leave a strong VOLUNTARY self-isolation on geezers like myself, retired folks. Test incoming visitors to the US. Keep washing hands. START WEARING MASKS!.

Let’s get the country back to work before any more people go bankrupt or are unable to pay their rent.

Anyhow, that was my morning. How was yours? I’ve changed the title of the post, and left the original title as well, for searching purposes. And now, here’s my original post.

Best wishes to all for good health,

w.]

Before this $%^&* lockdown started, I said “SPEND THE $1 TRILLION ON OUR HEALTH SYSTEM AND DON’T LOCK THE UNITED STATES DOWN”!!!

(See, back then they were only talking one trillion. But it’s politicians spending OPM, so of course now it’s two trillion.)

And from everything I’ve seen up to now, I was right. Near as I can tell, the lockdowns in various countries have done little & our health system is still inadequate. However, that’s just anecdotal. So here is some harder data on the question.

First, almost every country has implemented some forms of health interventions, ranging from the mild to the Chinese-style totalitarian clampdowns.

And as the Koreans have shown, this can work … but only if people are willing to have quarantines enforced with GPS locations and a surveillance state and GPS contact tracing that shows everywhere you’ve been in the last two weeks. As far as I can see, you have to be Korea or China to pull that one off, and no western country has even tried it.

And as a result, there is very little difference between the spread of disease and the concomitant rate of death in any of the western countries. Figure 1 shows the tragic trajectory of death in the 14 countries with the highest death rates.

Figure 1. Coronavirus deaths versus the number of days since the country went over 10 deaths per million people.

As you can see, there is very little difference in the death rates between the various countries, despite the fact that they all have differing levels of health interventions to try to prevent the spread. They’re all following the same trajectory.

Now, other than lockdowns, what kind of health interventions am I referring to? Glad you asked. Over at ACAP you can download a dataset of the different kinds of measures used by different countries. They list no less than 33 different types of health interventions being used to fight the coronavirus, viz:

• Additional health/documents requirements upon arrival
  • Amendments to funeral and burial regulations
  • Awareness campaigns
  • Border checks
  • Border closure
  • Changes in prison-related policies
  • Checkpoints within the country
  • Complete border closure
  • Curfews
  • Domestic travel restrictions
  • Economic measures
  • Emergency administrative structures activated or established
  • Full lockdown
  • General recommendations
  • Health screenings in airports and border crossings
  • Humanitarian exemptions
  • International flights suspension
  • Introduction of quarantine policies
  • Limit product imports/exports
  • Limit public gatherings
  • Lockdown of refugee/idp camps or other minorities
  • Mass population Testing
  • Military deployment
  • Obligatory medical tests not related to COVID-19
  • Partial lockdown
  • Psychological assistance and medical social work
  • Public services closure
  • Schools closure
  • State of emergency declared
  • Strengthening the public health system
  • Surveillance and monitoring
  • Testing policy
  • Visa restrictions
So I used that to see if countries with more of those restrictions fared better. Here, for example, are the restrictions imposed by South Korea over time. Some are listed twice because they were expanded or made more rigorous over time:

• Visa restrictions
  • Visa restrictions
  • Schools closure
  • Partial lockdown
  • Psychological assistance and medical social work
Quarantine, then surveillance, then more rigorous quarantine, then even more rigorous surveillance and quarantine. I don’t believe that Americans would put up with that.

However, being a graphically minded sort of person, I then made a scatterplot of the number of distinct kinds of restrictions a country has imposed versus the number of deaths per ten million in that country. Figure 2 shows the result:

Figure 2. Scatterplot, number of kinds of restrictions to try to prevent viral spread versus coronavirus deaths per ten thousand.

As you can see, the number of restrictions seems to have little to do with the number of deaths. For example, here’s what Switzerland has done. These are the different restrictions they’ve applied.

• Border checks
  • Visa restrictions
  • Schools closure
  • Border checks
  • Visa restrictions
  • Awareness campaigns
  • Testing policy
  • Border closure
  • Economic measures
  • Partial lockdown
  • Full lockdown
  • Partial lockdown
  • Economic measures
  • Economic measures
  • Limit product imports/exports
  • Military deployment
  • International flights suspension
  • Visa restrictions
  • Economic measures
So the lack of visible effect is not from a lack of restrictions. Nor is the lack of visible effect because the restrictions haven’t been in place long enough. Switzerland imposed the first restrictions forty days ago, on the 21st of February. They closed the schools. On the 24th of February, the government declared an “extraordinary situation,” and banned all private and public events and ordered restaurants and bars to close. At that point, they had no coronavirus deaths. [UPDATE: A couple of people said that Switzerland’s restrictions had not been in place that long. Upon rechecking my sources, I find they were right and I was 100% wrong. However, my point remains—the different restrictions haven’t made any detectable difference to date, and the crunch is coming in one or two weeks for most countries. So any effect will be minimal, if not detectable, and meanwhile the economic and human cost is horrendous.]

They currently have 433 deaths from coronavirus. Forty days of sanctions with no effect.

Meanwhile, the Swiss have about the same number of deaths per ten million population as say Netherlands, and here’s all that the Dutch have done:

• Schools closure
  • Public services closure
  • Economic measures
  • Emergency administrative structures activated or established
No lockdown, neither partial nor full. No limitations on import/export. No suspension of flights. No visa restrictions. No state of emergency. No border checks.

And despite that … they are on a par with the Swiss, despite all of the Swiss containment measures.

Or you could look at it another way. Germany, the US, Portugal, France, and Spain have all instituted the same number of restrictions … but their deaths go from low to high.

So it seems that my intuition was correct. Unless you are willing to impose a full-blown police and surveillance state, these measures do very little. The problem is that this bugger is so insidious. It has a long incubation period when it is infectious but asymptomatic. And it can live on surfaces for days. As a result, in terms of government restrictions, nothing but a major Korean-style full-court press, with surveillance and strict quarantine and a populace willing to follow restrictions to the letter, will cut down the number of cases.

And Americans simply won’t do that. In fact, it’s impossible to get Americans to just shelter in place. If you go out into the streets of the US, there are lots of people working, lots of people going from place to place, grocery stores full of people … control the virus?

I don’t think so.

But regarding controlling the virus, here’s another graph. It’s exactly the same as Figure 2, but it contains Japan as well.

Hmm … they’re in the danger zone, near to Korea and China, so what extreme health measures are they practicing? Here you go …

• Visa restrictions
Whaaaa? That’s all the restrictions? … my only conclusion from that is simple.

WEAR A MASK.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Why Was Zero Hedge Banned For The Coronavirus Reporting?

Maatje Benassi competes at CSIM - China World Military Games October 20th, 2019 - Belvoir Eagle Page 13. November 29th, 2019

George Webb is an investigative journalist in the Washington, DC area that discovered the DNC blackberries and hard drives used by DNC Chairwoman's IT assistant, Biden Awan. Webb produced a fact witness, a Marine named Andre Taggart, and Taggart confirmed the government marked blackberries and drives stashed by Awan in his home. Webb also interviewed a Capitol Hill staffer with a three decade relationship with Joe Biden that provided insider information about Biden Awan that was later confirmed in a House hearing. The House insider also left the phone with Webb which had Congressional markings, and the blackberry mapped to a DIA staffer on Capitol Hill in the Human Intelligence Services.

A summary of his three years of reporting has been summarize in a five video playlist called The Webb Report and can be found here.

Original Video Link Censored by Youtube Search Algorithm

More News about Maatje Benassi:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://tantannews.com/coronavirus/3YaOYlNLdx
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.hswh.org.cn/wzzx/llyd/aq/2020-03-25/62025.html
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://user.guancha.cn/main/content?id=270379
https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1183658.shtml
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.ayosemarang.com/read/2020/03/25/54232/tiongkok-desak-amerika-rilis-hasil-kesehatan-tentara-as-diduga-pasien-korona-pertama
https://engnews24h.com/patient-0-coronas-first-positive-human-alias-found-allegedly-us-army/

*This is a Re-post Video in case the original video got deleted.* Watch more videos

Watch more videos Coronavirus First Patient Maatje Benassi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvLHo...
Coronavirus: From the United State biochemical lab to a global threat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkJCe...
Coronavirus First Patient MaatjeBenassi 武汉零号病人终于找到 - Maatje Benassi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hren-...
(down) https://www.metacafe.com/watch/120475...
(new link) Coronavirus: may have connections between the United State and Ukraine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZRX0...
Coronavirus: The US Health Case Exposed (Part 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taCdU...
Coronavirus: The US Health Case Exposed (Part 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuJAA...
Is Coronavirus A Bioweapon, a talk with Dr Paul Cottrell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZUBd...
Forbes and Vice CoronaVirus Smear Articles On George Webb (Explained)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS0NL...
The truth about the Coronavirus over hyped scam (Exposed)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHiYs...
United State Soldiers exposing atrocities
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfHcB...
EU and NATO Killing Each Other
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOVpT...
Virginia Benassi, CTO At WHO Secretariat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOsgz...
NATO’s Blueprint Coronavirus, WHO R&D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_obGp...
CoronaVirus Bavari - Ebola Too?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jZ6h...
Coronavirus Epidemic of Corruption - Starting With A War Criminal At WHO Is A Bad Start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4giI...
Finding Patient Zero related Milan November Deaths
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9QX5...
CoronaVirus Timeline - What Really Happened?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypfpx... #coronavirus #MaatjeBenassi #covid19

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
The Great Darkness - The Children of MK-ULTRA

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Coronavirus cases in the United States top 250K

The United States posted its largest single-day death toll from coronavirus on Friday, as U.S. cases climb to over 250k. Suzanne Judd, Ph.D. and Epidemiologist at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Public Health, joins Yahoo Finance’s Seana Smith to discuss. #coronavirus #COVID-19 # UnitedStates

Apr 3, 2020
Yahoo Finance

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
NY Doc Says We’re Treating COVID 19 Wrong, 3009 Still reporting

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
This Event Was A Coordinated Last Ditch Effort By The [DS], Moves & Countermoves Dr. Shiva

X22Report Spotlight