• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

CME to list bitcoin futures

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
...this is how bitcoin will be contained. The price will eventually be set by bankster constructs and "market makers" will be able to create naked contracts and sell them short.

Sadly, many a dumb bitcoiner will cheer this news and laud it as a move toward "legitimacy", when the reality is that bankster involvement on a grand scale will de-legitimize bitcoin in the long run.

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
...this is how bitcoin will be contained. The price will eventually be set by bankster constructs and "market makers" will be able to create naked contracts and sell them short.
Sounds like a good idea. I better activate futures trading on my brokerage account.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
how can they regulate something that has no physical presence or being?

the_shootist

Molon Labe! Deplorable Dreg!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
how can they regulate something that has no physical presence or being?
Government regulates speech today, don't they? Anything can be regulated if the government wants to do it!

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Sadly, many a dumb bitcoiner will cheer this news and laud it as a move toward "legitimacy", when the reality is that bankster involvement on a grand scale will de-legitimize bitcoin in the long run.
If so, that might be a reason that another crypto will end up supplanting bitcoin.
...and wouldn't a fork f' 'em up if most everyone currently supporting btc went with the new coin?

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Naw, they'll just ETF that one too, and the next crypto until someone copyrights some twist in the block chain technology or some such intellectual law and control will be gained that way

Nothing escapes Ceasar

I say, keep making money off of it till you can't, but you'd better have your finger on the sell button because there are tens of thousands of others who do and will be competing with you for buyers of their crypto currency as they liquidate their position to the tune of "as much as they can get as the bottom drops out", I forget the melody

What does price stability look like in a depreciating non-physical asset?

The fact that people note bitcoin as being able to replace fiat yet the fee structure alone is not cheap and if everyone began to trade bitcoin there will be major issues as the miners can't keep up already

Think, if the power requirements are enormous already, imagine what a few million more transactions will do for the computing requirements

I see it as nothing more than a high risk investment into what?, I'm still not sure, but there is value to be gained and taken out of the game before it "adjusts" but that's what I believe

It's some interesting times

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I say, keep making money off of it till you can't, but you'd better have your finger on the sell button because there are tens of thousands of others who do and will be competing with you for buyers of their crypto currency as they liquidate their position to the tune of "as much as they can get as the bottom drops out", I forget the melody
What people miss when they echo this sentiment is that not everyone values fiat currency all that highly. "Liquidating bitcoin", for most automatically means exchanging it for fiat crap. I personally don't see all that much value in doing that as you're just going from a transparent peer to peer deflationary currency that has been the best performing asset in the world to an opaque centrally managed debt based inflationary piece of garbage that is continuously losing purchasing power. There are hundreds of ways to "liquidate bitcoin" and many of them do not result in a pile of fiat rubbish.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
and I get it but that "pile of fiat rubbish" that I hear so many complain about, myself included, is recognized world wide and is negotiable in damn near every part of the globe, the system the FRN, which was the USD, yet no one notices, works, it works well

Few speak up for it but it works

I get the "want" for BC to be something other than the FRN but it's far from it, no matter how it's figured, it's not capable of doing all these wonderful things

And, it's a real life tulip frenzy, we get to see the forest AND the trees on this one
We'll get to watch them burn also :angry then happy:

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
and it's about
NOTHING

LOL :2 thumbs up::belly laugh:

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
the system the FRN, which was the USD, yet no one notices, works, it works well
It works for now. Heck if you get to spend newly conjured FRNs before others it works really well. It will end...that's a mathematically certainty.
I get the "want" for BC to be something other than the FRN but it's far from it, no matter how it's figured, it's not capable of doing all these wonderful things
Yeah...bitcoin is a whopping 9 years old and already throwing tons of sand in the fiat gears. The banksters are wheeling out products based on blockchain technology right this second...yeah they can see the writing on the wall.
and it's about
NOTHING

LOL :2 thumbs up::belly laugh:
...are we talking about bitcoin or fiat at this point?

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
O.K., so, you're another hater, why don't you believe I am too?

It works for now. Heck if you get to spend newly conjured FRNs before others it works really well. It will end...that's a mathematically certainty.
Show me the math, it's real simple to say:
"It's going to fail two years out"
"It's going to adjust two years from now"

Show me the math that says the debt based FRN is mathematically certain to fail?

Rhetoric, Rubbish

I do believe debt based FRN's are terrible but there not the end of anything, even Hillary couldn't end it all for us

Show me the math, can't be done, there's only been partial audits and if you believe any of them, I don't, we're doing better than you'd think I'm saying, which I'm not

the frn is not going to fail anytime soon, it could change into something else, perhaps but it isn't going to fail

Yeah...bitcoin is a whopping 9 years old and already throwing tons of sand in the fiat gears. The banksters are wheeling out products based on blockchain technology right this second...yeah they can see the writing on the wall.
What does the writing say?

...are we talking about bitcoin or fiat at this point?
Just another hater of paper
so, you'll carry around your cell phone waving it at everything in site, paying with your crypto
Yeah, that's the ticket

That's the new Coin of The Realm
Crypto
Simply Because It Ain't Fiat

That works

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Show me the math that says the debt based FRN is mathematically certain to fail?
Sure.

http://usdebtclock.org/
http://www.macrotrends.net/2016/10-year-treasury-bond-rate-yield-chart

...ummm...how does the fed "normalize" interest rates again? Surely you don't think rates can remain this lower or even go lower for any length of time. NIRP policies are failed policies. IMO the modern US "dollar" failed in 2008 and we're just watching the slow motion collapse, but that's only my opinion. It was overdue however, since the previous collapse was in 1971.
Simply Because It Ain't Fiat
Actually I just mentioned why I prefer bitcoin to fiat, but you seem to be disinterested...and frankly more than a little angry. Why? Why does bitcoin make you so angry? Surely you support the rights of others to choose freely amongst competing currencies?
I personally don't see all that much value in doing that as you're just going from a transparent peer to peer deflationary currency that has been the best performing asset in the world to an opaque centrally managed debt based inflationary piece of garbage that is continuously losing purchasing power.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Who needs to hedge btc exposure?

Is it a deliverable contract?

LOL I just checked.... NO! Cash settlement only.

BTC hits it's first official hurdle.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
So the cme will list 100x the amount of bit coin that actually exists to drive down the prices, time to run from btc
Cash settle means that the leverage is basically only limited to what the CME will allow. Virtually unlimited, really... I'm not even sure if commodities law applies here. Gold and Silver are 100 to 1 simply because the average delivery is 1% of the market BUT every contract holder can ask for delivery... that COULD be 100%, or 50% or whatever. No delivery means that the biggest account wins, unless the CME enforces some limit... but we know how they are with limits... like in Silver... eh hem.