• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

consecutive serial number bills

ABC123

Silver Member
Silver Miner
So the wifelet got some money out of the ATM the other day ($500) and each bill is brand new crisp and consecutive. Dont have them in front of me (hid them away) but they are very interesting. If i can remember correctly I have number 000498 000499 000500, and 000990 through 0001000. Plus others i cant recall.

I have zero experience in this kind of thing. A quick check on EBAY reveals people actually sell these for profit. What do you guys think?

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I think the 0001000 is worth some extra.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
Solid - In a solid serial number, every digit is the same.

Ladder - In a ladder serial number, every digit is one number higher (or lower) than the previous digit.

Radar - In a radar serial number, the serial number reads the same left-to-right as it does right-to-left.

Repeater - In a repeater serial number, the second half of the serial number is the same as the first half.

Radar Repeater - A radar repeater is both a radar and a repeater.

Super Radar - A super radar is a special kind of radar. In a super radar, the interior digits are are all the same.

Super Repeater - A super repeater is a special kind of repeater. In a super repeater, the first two digits are repeated four times.

Double Quad - In a double quad serial number, the first four digits are all the same and the second four digits are all the same.

Seven-Of-A-Kind - In a seven-of-a-kind serial number, seven digits are all the same.

Seven-In-A-Row - In a seven-in-a-row serial number, seven consecutive digits are all the same.

Binary - In a binary serial number, only two numbers appear. In a true binary serial number, those two numbers are zero and one.

Low - Low serial numbers, especially those 00000100 and under, are considered fancy.

High - High serial numbers, especially those 99999900 and over, are considered fancy.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode

Ladder - In a ladder serial number, every digit is one number higher (or lower) than the previous digit.

Radar - In a radar serial number, the serial number reads the same left-to-right as it does right-to-left.

Repeater - In a repeater serial number, the second half of the serial number is the same as the first half.

Super Radar - A super radar is a special kind of radar. In a super radar, the interior digits are are all the same.

Super Repeater - A super repeater is a special kind of repeater. In a super repeater, the first two digits are repeated four times.

Double Quad - In a double quad serial number, the first four digits are all the same and the second four digits are all the same.

Seven-Of-A-Kind - In a seven-of-a-kind serial number, seven digits are all the same.

Seven-In-A-Row - In a seven-in-a-row serial number, seven consecutive digits are all the same.

Binary - In a binary serial number, only two numbers appear. In a true binary serial number, those two numbers are zero and one.

Low - Low serial numbers, especially those 00000100 and under, are considered fancy.

High - High serial numbers, especially those 99999900 and over, are considered fancy.

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member
I get consecutive serial numbered one dollar bills from Wal Mart all the time. One day when I got home I realized i had gotten 3 such notes, and they were all star notes! Wish I had noticed at the register. They obviously had an entire pack of consecutive star notes at that register.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
People really have some kind of hang up with numbers on currency to that extent? I would rather hit the strip club or go to the beach.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
I always check every coin and bill I get before passing it on at face value.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Wish I had known people pay for this. I had pulled cash for a tropical trip and had a handful of consecutive $100's. Tellers must see this all of the time when the banks get freshly printed notes.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I get consecutive serial numbered one dollar bills from Wal Mart all the time. One day when I got home I realized i had gotten 3 such notes, and they were all star notes! Wish I had noticed at the register. They obviously had an entire pack of consecutive star notes at that register.
Me and an old co worker used to raid these and the BU state quarter rolls at the register at the supermarket.. And we had a buddy who worked in the cash office who would look out for us too.

Fun times.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Me and an old co worker used to raid these and the BU state quarter rolls at the register at the supermarket.. And we had a buddy who worked in the cash office who would look out for us too.

Fun times.
Smart move. I hope you still have them

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

These are cool to have but I'd turn them all into gold if they were mine

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Smart move. I hope you still have them
Most of them didnt mean shit to me except as something to sell and buy bullion with unless it was really cool.

I have a few star red 'US notes' and star silver dollar certificates, and some really old fed reserve currency all mostly $1s $2and $5s.

But all modern modern currency star notes that we used to find I ended up trading for silver coins.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Most of them didnt mean shit to me except as something to sell and buy bullion with unless it was really cool.

I have a few star red 'US notes' and star silver dollars, and some really old regular currency all mostly $1s $2and $5s.

But all modern modern currency star notes that we used to find I ended up trading for silver coins.
Sounds like you played it perfectly!

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
You could play dollar bill poker...?

Fjpod

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I'm not so sure "ordinary" consecutive bills are worth anything. You can buy uncut sheets.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
I'm not so sure "ordinary" consecutive bills are worth anything. You can buy uncut sheets.
New ones aren't but the older they are the better the premium.

Also I got a 5 dollar bill with the serial number ME 126912692 I kept it as a good luck charm.

ArkWv

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
There's a coin section on FB that have a lot of different bills on it and they sell pretty darn good.

OverOver

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Nice notes. Noticed a 5 dollar note with 9 digits????? (126912692)

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
$1 bill with UNBELIEVABLE FANCY SERIAL NUMBER
HiddenTreasureHunter

Published on Apr 19, 2016
Found this awesome $1 bill bank strap searching today. What a great looking fancy serial number! One might call this note the ultimate ladder!

CURRENCY COLLECTING PLAYLIST
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Consecutive notes matter? Hmmm, I guess I should have keep the 15 20 dollar bills I got that were consecutive? Nah, FIAT sucks......

samwiii

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I found $300 in consecutive new star notes a couple of weeks ago. I'm currently selling them on the bay for $2.99 each and they're going like hotcakes. After expenses, it's still like getting my silver for half price. Fancy S/Ns sell quite easily so I'll put up a listing anytime I find one.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I once found a bunch of star notes. I thought the were pretty common so I didnt bother holding them. I will from now on though.

Going through my stash. All 20's. I found one with 4 9's. A couple others semi interesting but nothing I can retire on I'm sure. :).

Attachments