• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Counterfeit Morgan Dollars

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
1542407115614.png
1542407144324.png

US Coins morgan dollar 1893-s Promotion Cheap Factory Price nice home Accessories Silver Coins
Discount Price: US $6.44 - 8.74 / Lot ( US $1.29 - 1.75 / Piece )

Item specifics
  • Material:silver plated brass
  • Technology:electroplate
  • Color:silver
  • Product Type:Arts and crafts
  • Style:Antique Imitation
  • Content Description:May Wealth Come Generously to You
  • Applicable occasions:Opening Ceremony
  • Dances:More kinds of dance
  • Inlaying:No Inlay
  • Use:Art & Collectible
  • Regional Feature:Europe
  • Theme:Buddhism
  • Type:Brass
  • Specification:20*20 cm
  • Form:Antique
  • Font Color:silver
  • Luster:Glossy
  • Surface Material:copper
  • Applicable People:people
  • Sheet Size:20cm
  • Shape:people
  • Condition:9.9 New
  • Function:Money Drawing
  • Scenarios:living room
  • Application:Gift Box
  • Quantity:5pcs
https://www.dhgate.com/product/us-c...recinfo=8,103,1#cppd-1-5|null:103:r0041832252

Attachments

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
View attachment 116588 View attachment 116589
US Coins morgan dollar 1893-s Promotion Cheap Factory Price nice home Accessories Silver Coins
Discount Price: US $6.44 - 8.74 / Lot ( US $1.29 - 1.75 / Piece )

Item specifics
  • Material:silver plated brass
  • Technology:electroplate
  • Color:silver
  • Product Type:Arts and crafts
  • Style:Antique Imitation
  • Content Description:May Wealth Come Generously to You
  • Applicable occasions:Opening Ceremony
  • Dances:More kinds of dance
  • Inlaying:No Inlay
  • Use:Art & Collectible
  • Regional Feature:Europe
  • Theme:Buddhism
  • Type:Brass
  • Specification:20*20 cm
  • Form:Antique
  • Font Color:silver
  • Luster:Glossy
  • Surface Material:copper
  • Applicable People:people
  • Sheet Size:20cm
  • Shape:people
  • Condition:9.9 New
  • Function:Money Drawing
  • Scenarios:living room
  • Application:Gift Box
  • Quantity:5pcs
https://www.dhgate.com/product/us-c...recinfo=8,103,1#cppd-1-5|null:103:r0041832252
WOW, that sucks huh? The only Morgans I have are worn and clearly genuine. This is why I stay away from 'pritine' old PM currency. Lots of fakes around

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
They have them in all denominations and none that I have viewed would appear as BU but rather say EF and demonstrate some wear. Personally I dont really care to carry around a scale and a tester at a coin show so to me the whole thing looks rather scary as I think about it
Here is one where coins can be custom ordered

1542414320763.png

Welcome to my store!

I only sell replica coins for collections, none of the coins I sell are original. Please don't buy them as the original coins. I sell these copied coins only want to make your collections more perfect. and if you did not find the coins you want. you can send samples to us. we can make custom coins.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/high...396634133.html#cppd-11-5|null:103:r1425345265

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
That, a... 1939 there looks interesting <heh> Oh, dang - just realized those were halves not morgans.
do you sell these edsel?

BF

Last edited:

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Our sanctions ban some Chinese products but not fake coins or fentanyl, whats wrong with this picture?

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Copper Core, with toning, specific date

and the Secret Service spent sooooo much time protecting Michaels penis

f'n counterfeit
and the Communist Chinese know ALL ABOUT IT

FUCK YOU COMMUNISTS!
our weakened SS can't keep up and out greedy capitalists continue to think it's wise to be on Alibaba

WE ARE WEAKENED!
please
PLEASE KILL US NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
FYI Guys, They are NOT counterfeit when they tell you upfront the coin in a copy, and they also give you an idea of the base metal and electroplating.
NOW, Those who attempt to pass them off as legitimate government coinage, that's a different story.

Personally I like the other poster thinks the rounds should have the word "COPY" pressed into the surface.

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
I came across these the other night while looking for a few to complete a set I started when I was in high school. HEre is one that is up tonight on the Bay. No mention of it being a copy or being plated. Make your own judgement based upon price. These things have the potential to work their way through the system unless I am missing something and if I am...please fill me in.

Silver Morgan ONE Dollar Coin US 1879 One Dollar | eBay
1542439635465.png

Unit price:
US $10.49/ea
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Mor...c00b1f6:g:TloAAOSwEJZb55G9:rk:4:pf:0&LH_BIN=1

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I thought the seller could be the guy in the store on the boardwalk in Atlantic City that pulled a box out of the display case just for me but after looking at the auction with the stacks of counterfeits, I don't think he's Jewish.

Last edited:

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I came across these the other night while looking for a few to complete a set I started when I was in high school. HEre is one that is up tonight on the Bay. No mention of it being a copy or being plated. Make your own judgement based upon price. These things have the potential to work their way through the system unless I am missing something and if I am...please fill me in.

Silver Morgan ONE Dollar Coin US 1879 One Dollar | eBay
View attachment 116621
Unit price:
US $10.49/ea
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Mor...c00b1f6:g:TloAAOSwEJZb55G9:rk:4:pf:0&LH_BIN=1
Sold 7 already.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Yeah, it’s somewhat easy to counterfeit all coins, not just 90%. I’m sure some of these coins make their way to the dealerships like APMEX and the local coin shops. Do you think they check all 100% of their 90%? Hell no they don’t. There are tons of people that have fake coins in their stash and don’t even realize it.

Fake 90%
Fake Government bullion
Fake Bars
Fake Rounds
Fake PCGS/NGC holders with fake coins, or real holders with fake coins.

I converted my stash exclusively to maple leafs that have all the security designs.

1F4610D6-6B92-45DF-8899-2BE4414630E4.jpeg
E6D41C8A-1A8C-4628-BBF5-92EC7DEB02E0.jpeg

It’s the only answer that I see for the situation, but it’s only a matter of time until they can figure out how to counterfeit it in a more convincing way.

I wish the US mint would update the security to the Eagles.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It's 3 A.M. What are you guys doing up so early/late?

Nothing much. Just talking about the boring subject of.............................gold and silver. :dancing guy

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If it can be faked/counterfeited then the Chinese will figure how to do it. IMO it is a never-ending war on the matter. If the Chinese are faking coins/bars when silver is $14, then they will fake a while lot more if/when spot silver reaches $50. Digital scale, calipers, ping-test, Sigma machine, etc are (and will continue to be) the tools to detect fakes.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
No mention of it being a copy or...
YES, There is. Further down in the page under ITEM SPECIFIC , last entry in right column "type: copy coin".

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
YES, There is. Further down in the page under ITEM SPECIFIC , last entry in right column "type: copy coin".
By gosh you are right. I overlooked that. Good thing I wasn't in the market for it though because with my overlooking that I might have jumped on it...whew would have been a close one!

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
FYI Guys, They are NOT counterfeit when they tell you upfront the coin in a copy, and they also give you an idea of the base metal and electroplating.
NOW, Those who attempt to pass them off as legitimate government coinage, that's a different story.

Personally I like the other poster thinks the rounds should have the word "COPY" pressed into the surface.
Why does anything have to pass hands, deceptively, 'BEFORE' it's considered to be a counterfeit?

If something is a fake, even though it's disclosed, it's still a counterfeit. It was a counterfeit the moment it was made, it's a fake

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Also on the page is a couple of pics of shelves full of 'coins'.
and Shelves labeled in Asian script. "DANGER, DANGER Will Robinson"

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If something is a fake, even though it's disclosed, it's still a counterfeit. It was a counterfeit the moment it was made, it's a fake
Intent

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
But the intent to circumvent the law is obvious with the lack of the word "Copy"
Without that mark, Intent to evade, avoid, to deceive, to - at the very least, violate the law is absolute and through further discovery, the complete picture appears

I intended to purchase a few of these copy coins, some time ago and to my astonishment, they arrived without the word 'Copy' on them
I complained the coins I received were counterfeit, not copies as the word 'Copy' was not on the coin as per US Law and that my possessing these coins constituted a violation of US Law, got my money back AND got to keep the counterfeit coins with advice to throw them away
i didn't

I think Alibaba's Intent is to profit
No matter how, selling all kinds of what, and shipping it to whomever, all over the world
Many packages contain fake products of all kinds

The Intent comes from the manufacture of the faked item, the illegal goods
Which is a violation of the law, no matter how you intend on marketing them, even if honestly stating they're fakes, unless the word "Copy" is included somewhere on the item. And I believe soft-goods are not to be counterfeited at all
That's probably in the law books in quite a few countries around the globe

I'm no lawyer, so there:secret:

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Check out this beauty, Album toned as if it has sat in one of those danco albums for a few decades...and only 12.45
View attachment 116624
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Mor...383a7e:g:tQkAAOSwi-db2Xvy:rk:14:pf:0&LH_BIN=1

Silver Morgan ONE Dollar Coin US 1879 One Dollar

Quantity:
3 available / 5 sold
From the description:
:oriental:
About the Color :
Each time finished the color it is impossible the 100% percent the same as the pictures,so the pictures it just offer to as a sample to look,if the buyer have the request for the coin color,then please leave the message,then we will contact you and send pictures to the buyer check it before the shipping,thanks for great understanding.
:oriental:

I'll admit, the coin is kinda 'pretty'
Wonder what it weighs?

One day, someone will have, up for sale on ebay
An entire roll of 1879 CC Morgan Dollars
All Toned
For some outrageous price
:ponder:

and someone will come along
and buy it

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I'm no lawyer, so there
Neither am I but that is the reason we have Courts. To hold differences until ruled on by a judge or judges.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I know, what a sham

It used to be we knew 'exactly' what the rules were and we acted accordingly
now-a-days, the rules are like the wind
depends on whose judging you, how much power you have and whether or not your attorney can entertain the judge/jury better than the house act can

come to think of it;
some laws are exactly like farts

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Buy that set, send it to Alibaba and they'll be happy to make you lots of them, for cheap, I'm sure

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Buy that set, send it to Alibaba and they'll be happy to make you lots of them, for cheap, I'm sure
I would not trust them to make real functional scales, just like I don't trust anything else they make.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Good Luck to all you numismatists. I’ve been telling people to stay say from Morgan’s, pre-33 and sovereigns for years.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Good Luck to all you numismatists. I’ve been telling people to stay say from Morgan’s, pre-33 and sovereigns for years.
You really should have warned everyone about fake shoes, purses and electronics also

but you didn't

and ASE's and bullion, and tires, and medicine, and food

The Chinese are good at faking everything
The ultimate woman

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
You really should have warned everyone about fake shoes, purses and electronics also

but you didn't
Why would I want to piss off all my contacts in Chinatown by doing that?

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
and ASE's and bullion, and tires, and medicine, and food
...and vintage Star Wars figures, hot wheels cars, Third Reich memorabilia, old sports cards, comic books, etc ....keep it going.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
...and vintage Star Wars figures, hot wheels cars, Third Reich memorabilia, old sports cards, comic books, etc ....keep it going.
Don't forget dog treats. Some dogs have died from eating Chinese made dog treats. Even dogs deserve better than what the Chinese produce.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Ever been to China or actually talked to a Chinese women that wasn’t refilling your Mountain Dew at a buffet?
How does that help anything?

Have you ever drank a Mountain Dew prepared for you by some Chinese woman working at a buffet?
fucking delicious