• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

dividend stocks

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
How most REIT dividends are taxed In the vast majority of cases. REIT distributions are mostly made up of ordinary income and are therefore taxable at the investor's marginal tax rate, or tax bracket.

Not a bad thing, just making a note of it.

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
Looking around, but haven't found anything that really tickles my pickle yet. Trying to figure out if I want to get into some energy/oil or other commodity investments. That sector has taken a bit of a dive, but I'm trying to figure out if it is just a dip/buying opportunity or if the trend has turned back downward.

jarrod - are you nibbling on any energy on this dip? i added to CVX and MPLX on this pullback

Jarrod32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
jarrod - are you nibbling on any energy on this dip? i added to CVX and MPLX on this pullback

On Monday's dip I was looking pretty closely at adding to my COP position when it dipped down into the 53 range, but didn't pull the trigger. Was hoping for a bit more off a pullback. Guess I missed that bus...

I've also been eyeing up KMI, but waiting for a bigger pullback there too.

Jarrod32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm holding. It could well get to $60, but probably not anytime soon. It may very well see $50 again before it gets to $60, but should eventually get there.

From last week regarding KO. Upon further review (and the earnings report), I would like to reverse my claim and say that I may well get to $60 before it sees $50 again.

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Got some already. No plan to sell anytime soon. A dip would be nice though (unlikely).

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Organon (the Merck spinoff stock) declared a 28 cent quarterly dividend. At current share price ($33.50) that translates to about a 3.3% yield.
Grab the fiat while the usd still has some value. Time is ticking away.

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
picking up a few shares of compass minerals - cmp

they sell road salt and some agri minerals. recently revealed a significant lithium deposit discovery

yield is 4.x percent, ex dividend in about 3 weeks

Jarrod32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody finding anything buyable in the current market dip? I have a few on my watchlist that are getting close. A few more days like Monday and I might be a buyer...

Jarrod32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Was watching COP again when it dipped into the mid 56 range on Monday. Was going to see about adding some on Tuesday if it had kept going down, but they raised the dividend and announced the purchase of some more Permian assets from Shell and the share price shot up again.

One that I am watching if it finds its way into the low 50s...