• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

eBay heads ups, sales, deals and offers

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
eBay HEADS UP, SALES, DEALS AND OFFERS

It was mentioned by some that they wanted to see the eBay sales, deals and offers split off from the general deals thread. This is to accommodate the request of Scorpio and keep the eBay deals in this thread.

Post any eBay deals you find here or news of upcoming eBay offers of 4x eBay bucks, 10% offers or anything else eBay related.

Last edited:

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
You typically receive 2% of your eBay purchase back if it is a qualifying item. One would need to look at the fine print, but bullion does not count however coins do. That 2% is earned up over a quarter (Jan-March, April-June, July- September, Oct-Dec) and then placed in your eBay account as eBay credit the following month after the 3 month period is over.

eBay runs specials throughout the year, the best being 4x eBay bucks back as well as 10% of purchase price back as eBay bucks. Again, one needs to read the fine print to know what is included and not included. Only $100 of eBay bucks can be earned in a single transaction with a max of $500 eBay bucks earned in a quarter and a minimum of $5 in eBay bucks must be earned to qualify. You have 30 days to spend the eBay bucks when you receive them, or else they disappear.

It is free to enter and is just a selection under your eBay account to be included in.

To get the special eBay offers, make sure your email is signed up to receive the special email offers from eBay and check your spam folder to make sure they don't end up in there. I have not found any rhyme or reason for why certain offers I receive and others I don't. Just luck of the draw I guess.

eBay bucks is a great way to find gold near melt or even below. Keep your eyes on this thread when eBay deals come around, as many members will share what coins qualify and what price they will come in at.

Here is a link to further information regarding the eBay bucks program.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/ebay-bucks.html

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
eBay has sent me an offer multiple times for using Bill Me Later for payment. They are willing to give me an extra 1% in eBay bucks as well as $10 in eBay bucks. Has anyone used this option before? It states it only works on your first purchase.

deweytucker

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
eBay has sent me an offer multiple times for using Bill Me Later for payment. They are willing to give me an extra 1% in eBay bucks as well as $10 in eBay bucks. Has anyone used this option before? It states it only works on your first purchase.
I used BML a bunch this March. Each time I stacked 1% BML extra ebucks+1% Fatwallet + 4x/10% ebucks. Got all my gold purchases well under spot. I don't have a cash back CC, but this was a better deal for me at least this last March. Very good month!

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
more information re the program

What is the eBay Bucks Rewards Program?
The eBay Bucks Rewards Program is designed to reward eBay members for purchasing items on www.ebay.com. If you join, you can accrue eBay Bucks based on your qualifying purchases. Upon the completion of each calendar quarter, if you earn $5.00 or more in eBay Bucks during that calendar quarter, you will receive a reward equal to the amount of your eBay Bucks in the form of an eBay Bucks Certificate. You can use this Certificate to buy more things on eBay!

Does this program cost anything?
Enrollment in the eBay Bucks Rewards Program and participation are FREE. There is no cost.
Why are these changes being made to the eBay Bucks Rewards Program?
To maintain the performance of the eBay Bucks Rewards Program, we conduct regular audits of program benefits. The results of these audits may lead to program changes and updates to the program terms, including the changes we are implementing as of January 1, 2014.

If I don't earn $5.00 or more in a calendar quarter, does my balance transfer to the next quarter?
No, if you do not earn $5.00 or more in a calendar quarter, then your eBay Bucks balance does not transfer to the next earn period and is forfeited.

If I don't earn $5.00 in a calendar quarter, can I transfer my balance to another eBay Bucks member?
No, eBay Bucks are non-transferable.

If I commit to buying an item in Parts & Accessories before January 1, 2014, but pay for it after that date, will I earn eBay Bucks?
Yes, you will earn eBay Bucks on an item in Parts & Accessories if you commit to buy that item before January 1, 2014. Your eBay Bucks will be added to your account at the time you pay for that item, even if it is after January 1, 2014.
Can I earn eBay Bucks on multiple accounts?
No. There is a maximum of one (1) eBay account per person that can be enrolled in the eBay Bucks Rewards Program. Members are not allowed to have or create multiple eBay Bucks accounts to circumvent the quarterly earn limit, and it is also not permitted to combine or transfer your earn balance from one account to another.
How do I earn eBay Bucks?
Earning eBay Bucks is easy! After you enroll, start shopping on eBay and you'll automatically earn eBay Bucks on qualifying purchases. Earn $5.00 or more in eBay Bucks during a calendar quarter and you will receive an eBay Bucks Certificate for the total amount earned after that quarter ends.

Do all my eBay purchases qualify?
Most purchases on eBay qualify, but some restrictions apply. See Terms & Conditions.

For example, to qualify, purchases must meet the following requirements:

Paid for with PayPal
Payment needs to be made on eBay's checkout system. Payments made directly via PayPal to a seller's account aren't eligible.
Made AFTER you enroll in the eBay Bucks Rewards Program (can be a winning bid or Buy it Now).
Bought on the US eBay site (www.eBay.com). Some third-party automated bidding applications (sniping tools) are actually placing their bids on international sites as opposed to bidding on the US site directly. Purchases completed by these applications do not qualify to earn eBay Bucks.

Among other restrictions, purchases made in the following categories DO NOT qualify:

eBay Motors (including Parts & Accessories)
Classifieds
Real Estate
Gift Cards & Coupons, but only for eBay Gift Cards within that category
Coins & Paper Money, but only for Bullion within that category
Business & Industrial

PLEASE NOTE: While eBay Bucks can't be earned on purchases in these categories, the eBay Bucks Certificates can still be used for redemption in these categories. See complete details on redemption.

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
does anyone know why some guys receive them and others do not?

is it type and frequency of purchases on ebay or????
Nope, haven't figured that out yet. I think the first thing is to sign up for the email offers option under your account. After that, cross your fingers and hope you get one. :)

HaroldS

Seeker
Seeker
Thanks for starting this thread. Going to like it.
Regarding BML: I used it once when it first started. I just can't remember why now, but I had an awful time finding how to pay it off before it went into interest mode. Don't wait too close to the required date to think about making payment, I think it takes a few days to get posted if I remember. I've not used it since.

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
Thanks for starting this thread. Going to like it.
Regarding BML: I used it once when it first started. I just can't remember why now, but I had an awful time finding how to pay it off before it went into interest mode. Don't wait too close to the required date to think about making payment, I think it takes a few days to get posted if I remember. I've not used it since.
I would only use it for the first time special of the extra 1% plus $10. Wouldn't be worth it after for me. Thanks for the heads up.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
does anyone know why some guys receive them and others do not?

is it type and frequency of purchases on ebay or????
I think that it is the frequency of purchases in a certain span of time (ex: every month). Sometimes I get those ebay offers and sometimes I do not get them if I do not buy/bid on ebay.

Rcpb2000

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I was getting the 8%ebay bucks promo at least every two weeks. The 10% ebay bucks maybe once every quarter. I think they offer it more to those that seem to purchase more when those offers are available. Just a guess.

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I know I've done it before.....but I cannot locate my current ebucks balance on eBay. Can someone tell me where I need to go to find my ebucks balance?

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Yes, but after that....how do I keep track of my CURRENT ebucks balance?

There is a place somewhere within personal settings, my account, SOMWHERE, that you can see your current balance.

PhucilliJerry

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

There is a place somewhere within personal settings, my account, SOMWHERE, that you can see your current balance.
Sign in to your ebay account, move your mouse cursor over the "My eBay" button in the top right, at the bottom of the drop down menu is your balance, click that to get into your bucks details.

Alternatively, click on summary on that same drop down menu, then under the "Buy" menu on the left is "eBay Bucks", click that for details........

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

The current ebucks balance for me is located in my "My Ebay Summary" page after you log into Ebay and the current ebay bucks balance is located on the left side right under the "Summary" section of your "My Ebay Summary" page (right under "Bids/offers" and "Didn't win" links). I hope that helps.

EDIT: PhucilliJerry beat me to it. I just saw his post. He described it better than I did.

Last edited:

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
APMEX
Has an interesting listing ;)
Can I choose and over or for a deal?

1/2 oz Gold Mexican Onza and/or Libertad Coin - Random Year
Price:US $741.21

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
I have sold well over $210K on ebay in the last year and a half; my experience is they are not particularly well run as Carl Icahn has said, I'm not sure what his specific beefs were apart from the split paypal off suggestion. Their feedback system is changing; why do they allow penny ante jerks to ruin your power seller and other advantageous status when you are getting strong feedback from serious buyers?

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Thanks to everyone for their efforts, but that's still not it. Maybe I'm not making myself clear. I'm looking for my current AVAILABLE ebucks. NOT what is accumulating.

For example, let's say that I received $160 ebucks on April 2. Let's say I've spent $30 on item ABC and then I spent $40 on item XYZ. Where do I go to find out how many ebucks I have remaining?

I'm waiting for someone to reply: "If you just keep track of your purchases you can subtract that amount from your $160 total and get your answer that way."

Yes, obviously I COULD do that. I'm saying that there is somewhere in your eBay screen that you can find the remaining balance.

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Of course, eBay likes to change their screens, settings, search functions, etc every couple of days so it's possible the've killed this function all together by now.

Rcpb2000

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
On my Galaxy phone app it showed me my available balance of ebay buck when I clicked on "my ebay" page. These were the ebay bucks I could spend and not the ones I am currently earning.

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
DAYUM!!! I FINALLY got it. Thank you PhucilliJerry. I couldn't see the forrest for the trees on this one.

You're right,when you hover your mouse over "my eBay" it DOES appear at the very, VERY bottom. In a completely differenty font, color and section. I kept looking at the options in the drop down feature and never looked BELOW that. Thank you!

Last edited:

PhucilliJerry

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Heads up guys, someone over at slickdeals reported receiving an eBay bucks email for double bonus on $100 - $199 items and quad bonus on $200+ items for today, 04/14

Another person said they didn't get an email but that it is working for them, so check your eBay accounts too.

No such luck for me.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6856696-heads-up-for-4-14-double-quadruple-ebay-bucks-on-items-over-100-ymmv
Just checked my email and no go for m...i have an itching to spend but without the bonus offers eBay is too hard to shop on now a days.

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
No luck for me either. No email offer and eBay bucks still showing up as 2% on participating items. Too bad.

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
Depends how far this take down goes, not sure how long I can wait to see if eBay does any 10% or 4x eBay bucks this month before I use my ebay bucks. There was a period it felt like eBay was giving out these deals like candy. Nothing so far. But my mouse clicking finger is getting itchy. :)

97guns

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
used quadruple bucks this morning for some $10 olympic commemoratives that work out to $1288/oz after the rebates

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
used quadruple bucks this morning for some $10 olympic commemoratives that work out to $1288/oz after the rebates
Did you get an email about it or was it just shopping up under the qualifying items?

97guns

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
i got an email, only received the email on 1 of my 2 accounts, the account that did not get an invite has an ebaybucks balance to spend?

97guns

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
my ebaybucks is max'd out for the first acct, topped off the tank with some netherland 10 gulden - $1289/oz

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
Are the 10 Gulden from APMEX eBay still the best deal at the moment for gold? I'm getting itchy to spend my ebay bucks. Not sure how much longer I can wait with the price volatility over the last bit.

97guns

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Are the 10 Gulden from APMEX eBay still the best deal at the moment for gold? I'm getting itchy to spend my ebay bucks. Not sure how much longer I can wait with the price volatility over the last bit.

its the best i could find

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Not much, but Fatwallet is again offering 1% cash back but only for select categories (and yes coins / bullion aren't in the list). If you can find some not overpriced antiques or or scrap silver in antiques section or ?

ebay1CB.jpg

Ebay is back with 1% Cash Back on select categories. Categories will change frequently, so check back often!

Here's a list of eBay categories currently available with 1% Cash Back:

• Art
  • Antiques
  • Baby
  • Books
  • Cameras & Photo
  • Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
  • Crafts
  • DVDs & Movies
  • Health & Beauty
  • Home & Garden
  • Music
  • Musical Instruments & Gear
  • Pet Supplies
  • Pottery & Glass
  • Sporting Goods
  • Tickets & Experiences
  • Video Games & Consoles

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Not much, but Fatwallet is again offering 1% cash back but only for select categories (and yes coins / bullion aren't in the list). If you can find some not overpriced antiques or or scrap silver in antiques section or ?

View attachment 59853

Ebay is back with 1% Cash Back on select categories. Categories will change frequently, so check back often!

Here's a list of eBay categories currently available with 1% Cash Back:

• Art
  • Antiques
  • Baby
  • Books
  • Cameras & Photo
  • Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
  • Crafts
  • DVDs & Movies
  • Health & Beauty
  • Home & Garden
  • Music