• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

eBay heads ups, sales, deals and offers

the_shootist

Molon Labe! Deplorable Dreg!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Direct from the China mint.
You never know but these are becoming easier to validate as more counterfeits are discovered and the methods for identifying them become more widely published and known.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
In fact, the seller just sold the other 1986 commemorative sets he had listed in the "normal" coins category. So all gone. That was a really good find. Nothing else I can see is that good of a deal even after the 15%. Experienced sellers know how this works by now so just add that to the selling price -- well, maybe not 15% but close. :)

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I'd be pretty damned shocked to find out provident would be selling fake perth mint gold bars.
Me too but they used to say the same thing about Tulving!

Just sayin'...

Last edited:

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
I've tried several 90% junk that offers bux but it does not offer the 15% coupon (US coins cetegory for instance (not bullion)). It says invalid when I try to apply. Has anyone successfully used the 15% off coupon this round on metal?

goldfanbrad

Seeker
I've tried several 90% junk that offers bux but it does not offer the 15% coupon (US coins cetegory for instance (not bullion)). It says invalid when I try to apply. Has anyone successfully used the 15% off coupon this round on metal?
Yes, but not on coins listed in the US Coins category. You just have to be creative.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
I ended up just spending my bux on non-metal things I needed for 15% off. Don't want to end up stuck with spending them all at the last minute for full price goods at 1X bux like I did last quarter (when I wasn't able to get in on the 6X promo).

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The last 20% off they did for fathers day I repurchased a Tesoro compadre metal detector. I used to own one when I was younger, ended up buying the newer model even cheaper then I sold my last one. Next time they run another promo I may have to update my pin pointer.

Helps for other things besides bullion.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
They only had 125 bars available.
The price drop occurred in the morning -- first sale at reduced price in $850's was dated Jul-13-18 08:19:28 PDT. So it wasn't that fast I guess but still worth noting.

Here is another platinum listing that didn't last too long -- a couple of days -- after the price drop even though the premium was officially $60 over:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112969244564

Most of the other platinum listings at those prices -- between $850 and $890 -- seem to be half ounce proof-struck Eagles. Ouch.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I'm not sold on platinum. Gold and silver have a track record for preserving wealth. It's always been something of consistant (that word is important) value down through the ages. I can't say the same for platinum.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm not sold on platinum. Gold and silver have a track record for preserving wealth. It's always been something of consistant (that word is important) value down through the ages. I can't say the same for platinum.
No doubt there is some risk in it. An argument can, however, be made that a 5 or 10% allocation in platinum is reasonable for ones PM holdings currently. The gold to platinum ration is at or near an all time high right now. Could it go higher? Sure. But if and when it comes back down to, say 1:1 (it has traditionally been even lower), then you can trade it back out for gold at what will have been a bargain price. 2c

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I posted it because I believe it's the same seller that the shootist had a claim with. Pretty obvious you're not getting 5 ounces of silver for two dollars.

What I do find messed up is on my local craigslist someone is trying to pass one of these counterfeits.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I posted it because I believe it's the same seller that the shootist had a claim with. Pretty obvious you're not getting 5 ounces of silver for two dollars.

What I do find messed up is on my local craigslist someone is trying to pass one of these counterfeits.
I guess a few working brain cells is still a requirement to avoid being scammed!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
are silver panda's from the mint being fake a problem? no clue
I have no evidence one way or the other...just personal preference given today's current events

The Chinese are second to none with their counterfeiting skills. Who's to say the Chinese government, who takes a dim view of American policy these days, is incapable of turning the odds in their favor and take some chances?

I just don't know but I do know I don't need to buy their bullion

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I have no evidence one way or the other...just personal preference given today's current events

The Chinese are second to none with their counterfeiting skills. Who's to say the Chinese government, who takes a dim view of American policy these days, is incapable of turning the odds in their favor and take some chances?

I just don't know but I do know I don't need to buy their bullion
fakes seem pretty easy to spot based off those videos. meh, i bought a sheet of them last time silver was 15.80's

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
That's still pretty good if that was check price compared to paypal. I think its the same price.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Hey guys, believe me....I'm not trying to diminish or change your positions with bullion. Believe me, I totally understand where you're coming from. I probably should not have been this candid in a public forum. Sorry folks!