• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Farm Tractor thread

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Bus
Site Supporter
Stump-bucket-1.jpg

*New stump bucket implement. I'm also using it to help carve some drainage swales.

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Bus
Site Supporter
Stump-bucket-2.jpg

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Bus
Site Supporter
Ag-Barn.jpg

Finished Barn from the outside.

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Bus
Site Supporter
Thought i would followup and see how the Kubbie is doing for you now that you have had some time to put it to work?
My tractor is great and couldn't be happier, makes chores easy & quick !!!
I'm soooo glad I got an HST though.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
... :) i remember you asking questions on old tractors and loaders a few years back ..... living the dream now in comparison ....... i was wondering how you were getting along with the rocker heel/toe HST setup .......thx for the followup...

do you ever take the loader off? ....i see this year Kubbie has a loader removeal setup that is supposed to be where you never have to leave your seat to remove and reattach...i take mine off the bigger tractor often ..but have never had mine off the smaller rig ...

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
For general use, once you go HST, you never want to back.

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Bus
Site Supporter
DVYL3677.JPG

Yes, it's just like a skid steer, my trench / root bucket is currently on it (see above). There are spring-loaded lock down levers but other than that the loader can drop a bucket and re-attach another. Quick attach buckets are nice.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
So, I have been working on a 607 or is it a 706? anywhoo,s it is a cornbinder and the injection pump was sent in. So, so the thing will start and go poop, start and go poop.....so through the filters I do go and the hard lines and then I drain the tank. I clean out the fuel delivery and then delve into the return line; oh no the dreaded return line:2 thumbs up:

plugged it was and the darn thing went into the bottom of the tank which is why I drained the fuel.

So drilled that restrictor out and the thing ran for an hour.....K, this thing has a accumulator hookup thingy and as the messicans just totally f'ed up two trailers of two strings that I had to stack up; you know like they should have done it right the first time but they no buwheay-no!

So there I was styling on the antique and looking good I might add and then the f'n thermostat started showing who was boss of this mofo circus.

So, while you guys are smoking ur smokes and crushing those cans eye, yes I, will be out getting the hay in AND if that tractor does not track then I will be doing it the old fashion way; by hand. And, you thought I could not drag things down any more than anybody; din't U?

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
For general use, once you go HST, you never want to back.
For reliability, you never want to go HST. Dunno about Kubota, but they are having a whole lot of breakdowns on lesser Asian HST tractors from what I hear.

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
For reliability, you never want to go HST. Dunno about Kubota, but they are having a whole lot of breakdowns on lesser Asian HST tractors from what I hear.
Based on my personal experience:
For over 40 years I've had connections with a Kubota dealership & I know for a fact that they rarely (almost never) had any trouble with Kubota's hydrostatic transmissions.

Last edited:

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Based on my personal experience:
For over 40 years I've had connections with a Kubota dealership & I know for a fact that they rarely had any trouble with Kubota's hydrostatic transmissions.
If you have to have HST, get a Kubota.

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I have a 4WD Deere 955 with a hydro and I love it. Seems bullet proof- the whole thing seems bullet proof. Quick tach bucket, tiller, snow blower, bush hog and blade so I use it year round on the acreage. I do try to be careful with it by using the low range when working it hard though. Did have a 755, the smaller one of the 55 series but swapped it for the 955 for more oomph. Never had any trouble with the hydros in either one of them. But- these are 80's tractors so they're a lot tougher than the newer lightweight utilities Deere puts out now.

For a utility tractor I would insist on a hydro for convenience. Never have to use brakes except occasionally for steering while power scraping or grading with the front loader.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Adventures in farming:

So I got several old tractors running and I jumped on the 4020 and nada.....I hate the tater juice they put in the fuel. Seriously I am thinking of building a still and a external fuel heater this winter. The still will run under a vacuum so I can pull out the dinosaur blood and separate it from the tater juice. The external heater is so I can run hot fuel through the whole system and liquify the black crud and remove it because nothing I know other than lye works on it and there are two many brass and aluminum parts to remove to boil the crud out.

Definition of tater juice: Fry oil/vegetable oil/ O'Bummer fuel.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Oh and the old guy who rebuilds the injection pumps for tractors? Why he was having a cussing hissy fit about all the injection pumps with this black crud in them. Seems this spring he has a pile of them and it is only going to get worse.

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Bus
Site Supporter
How well does that stump buster work? I'm looking at getting one, but not sure I want to drop the $ if it won't work - at least roughly - as advertised...
Well, this is going to be should've listed to Ttazzman reply..........

The stump bucket works great BUT, my tractor is too light for heavy roots and/or stumps !
The hydraulics are strong enough to tilt one of my rear wheels off the ground !!! Now that IS scary !

Probably not intended for this use, but I used it in trench digging.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
only thing i own thats Hystat is my hand control skid loader........i have used them extensively in the past and they are great for smaller tractors (40hp>) and working a lot around obstacles and are great for diverse operators ...IE the female unit can use it ........but i personally feel its easy usability goes away in a hurry when you field a hystat unit...IE not what you want to pull a plow/disk/big mowers basicly anything that takes some real HP applied continuously.......my most used tractors are shifter power reverser tractors as they fit the mid HP range usability 40-125hp....im not up on the larger tractor transmission trends but i know JD is going to "dial-a-speed" and the transmission picks the gear etc that fits

just my personal bias and opinion

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Not exactly a tractor but very much farm related. Guys started silaging on my home 1/4 today.
DSCF1965.JPG

They cut with these
DSCF1968.JPG

5 trucks hauling and this is the coolest looking

DSCF1964.JPG

I was over and ran a packer tractor at the feedlot for two days and with 14 trucks hauling myself and a good looking young lady were busier than beavers keeping up. Day after the other girl came back to run her tractor I stopped by and they had three tractors pushing silage.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Big country there.
Your pics are getting better.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Mike, that field was Bonanza barley which is a silage barley. It's running just over 8 ton an acre and was sold for $70/ton delivered. Cutting and delivery will run close to $20/ton+/-[butprobably+]. I don't know how the custom silagers run as they are charging $560/hr for the cutter that costs $600,000+ and I can get that nearly with a $20,000 sprayer.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Mike, that field was Bonanza barley which is a silage barley. It's running just over 8 ton an acre and was sold for $70/ton delivered. Cutting and delivery will run close to $20/ton+/-[butprobably+]. I don't know how the custom silagers run as they are charging $560/hr for the cutter that costs $600,000+ and I can get that nearly with a $20,000 sprayer.
dude there are choppers and blowers down here. shit is cheep.

The 200 an aker is actually 120. 120X32 so over a tone and a half. but not goodie enough; but it is what it is.

look if it is you then I feel sorry. BUTT if'n you leased ur stuff then hey its all daisies and predatory hunny bees.