• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

FBI's January gun background check statistics show people buying firearms at 'blistering pace,' expert says

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
From the article in the OP link:

"Gun background checks are indicative of sales trends, though don’t translate directly to the number of unit sales. For example, someone can buy multiple firearms at once and have only one background check conducted."

Every time I go to any gun shop, it's full of people buying.

Around here , the stores are full of people buying guns that are not in stock, and hoping there will be ammo when they pick-up the gun(s) in 3 months.

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Around here , the stores are full of people buying guns that are not in stock, and hoping there will be ammo when they pick-up the gun(s) in 3 months.
That's horrifying!!

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
From the article in the OP link:

"Gun background checks are indicative of sales trends, though don’t translate directly to the number of unit sales. For example, someone can buy multiple firearms at once and have only one background check conducted."

Most of the ones I have observed are people buying a single gun from what's in stock or shipped in to the FFL.

Ammo is another story altogether.

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
i wonder...

in 10 years, how much rustoleum will be sold to some of these pep's who'll want to 'touch up their poorly stored piece'?

:beer:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Every time I go to any gun shop, it's full of people buying.

Around here, there is a huge gun store on a major parkway. They have a large parking lot... which is always full, with overflow cars by the dozens parked down the street. I stopped once to see what they were giving away.

Prices are climbing fast. Cannot be helped; it ain't gouging because the gun store has to pay a set rent and employee cost. If they only have 10 guns, the price they must set is not the same as if they have 1000 guns.

I cannot find black powder. Dammit.

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Around here, there is a huge gun store on a major parkway. They have a large parking lot... which is always full, with overflow cars by the dozens parked down the street. I stopped once to see what they were giving away.

Prices are climbing fast. Cannot be helped; it ain't gouging because the gun store has to pay a set rent and employee cost. If they only have 10 guns, the price they must set is not the same as if they have 1000 guns.

I cannot find black powder. Dammit.

Try calling Smitty's Guns in Deerfield, Wisconsin to see if they have the powder you want (if you're willing to pay for shipping). No promises, but they seem to find ways to get things in stock.

https://www.facebook.com/SmittysGuns/

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I bought over 2 lbs in iron last month. Wish I would have explored more poly .22LR pistols last year not to mention stored more ammo.