• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Feedback on for sale items.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
As there appears to be no way of leaving feedback on this forum for transactions with fellow GIMers, I've decided to start a thread devoted to that. I find it helpful when dealing with people to have some kinda help deciding if I should or even better shouldn't deal with an unknown party.
I recently finished up a deal with chief who I can now say is a man of his word and one you can deal confidently with in my opinion. Thanks for the great communication and very satisfying deal.:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

As an aside to this for gosh sakes people don't let your better half look at your purchases right away as you may never see them cause they are running away with it screaming, "Mine,Mine,Mine".:hmpf:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Sound like a great idea :thumbs_up:

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
Have dealt with WhyKnow a few times and have nothing but positive things to say. Good guy and would recommend him to anyone thinking of buying/selling to him.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
torik is another who as far as I am concerned is to honest for his own good but it sure makes for an awesome deal. Thanks.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Good idea but just as an fyi in the sale section most leave feedback on their dealings if you research that. It would be a nice feature perhaps to have member feedback on their names so you didn't have to research it, Ive done multiple transactions with several members over the years, also had the pleasure of meeting a few at the show, cptsolo, haystack and I think fast tt last year if memory serves me.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
As an aside to this for gosh sakes people don't let your better half look at your purchases right away as you may never see them cause they are running away with it screaming, "Mine,Mine,Mine".:hmpf:
I lost 2 Texas Rattlers (one silver and one copper) and a Freedom Girl round last night when my wife caught me fondling the stash. :p

I've dealt with several people here, both over the internet with PayPal and face to face in the real world. I haven't had a bad deal yet.

Sandro: 90% for spot? Yes! A great guy to chat with and when you want 90% silver it's good to talk to him first.
Tecumseh had a fire sale recently and our deal was like clockwork.
Aurumag had a few N@rfed dollars and we met at a local coffee shop to do the deal.

And several others who will be added when I switch my work brain off and turn on the weekend brain. :party30:

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I have had several excellent deals on here.....no bad ones....

might want to run this thread by scorpio seeing putting in negative feedbacks may be considered a Attack on a specific member and as such against the forum rules.......especially since negatives couldnt be verified or corrected etc...i cant see how Positive feedback would be a issue though...

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Sites like Bonanza and Fatwallet display "badges" for events such as sales etc. Perhaps a positive transaction could be a badge. Of course they also offer attendance badges :confused:

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I would think it strange that we could give dealer ratings but not personal ones. I ain't saying we should drag someone beneath the train but a warning about non shipment surely wouldn't be out of place. Packages lost in transport are always just that. I guess I'll stick to thanking people on this thread for being honest and forthright.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I would think it strange that we could give dealer ratings but not personal ones. I ain't saying we should drag someone beneath the train but a warning about non shipment surely wouldn't be out of place. Packages lost in transport are always just that. I guess I'll stick to thanking people on this thread for being honest and forthright.
Yes feedback could be useful.....but even on a verifiable site like Ebay negative feedback becomes a weapon and leverage.......on a site like this i can see it quickly becoming a uncontrollable nightmare for the moderators.....

I would think if a person wanted to post "negative"......a simple non personal statement like "would not do business again" MIGHT work...

i think negative feedback is just like negative comments it has a potential to "damage" someone and as such carries inherent liabilities associated with such ...

if this were a buy/sell specific site with tailored disclaimers for joining i would think differently

JMHO

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Totally agree with ^^^^. It would be nice to see if someone had good traits though. Also if a scam artist is at work it would be nice to know.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Too honest for my own good? The hell does that mean! :cool:
It may be a canuck thingy. To us it means you are so honest that you may not be the best guy to have along on a good garden raid as you'd probably leave more than you took. :thumbs_up:

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Afterburn001 comes through as another fellow who does what he says and says the truth. Thanks for the great transaction and the feeling that there is possibly more honest people than crooks in the world. :thumbs_up:

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Whyknow, a great member, and very trustworthy seller. Think that's twice I've done business, and received the good within a couple of days.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Tinbox, and Aurumag :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Another vote here for Whyknow as the bee's knees. JMHO

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I too have had several trades. TomD, Captain Solo, Gold Rush, and another I don't recall.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The only people I would be sceptical of are new people to the forum. Granted, there has been recently a new member that sold some metals and the deal went smoothly I recall. I would find it very surprising if any person here deliberately tried to decieve another member in a sale. After all, we are amongst friends.

msolorio3

Seeker
Seeker
How long does it take for a member to become 'established' in this forum?

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
How long does it take for a member to become 'established' in this forum?

for me i like to go back and look at a guys post history and read a few of his posts.........you can figure things out pretty quick........then i like to email a few times on a deal and see the tone of his emails...

if they post abusively....you can expect that in a deal....etc

sure doesnt hurt to ask for references also ...ebay, etc

Last edited:

Sander

The computer's been down or I would have tried to get my comment in ahead of J_Kinder. He offered a gold sovereign, shipping was very fast and the gold coin was everything he promised. This guy is A-1.

Sander

Just had a great deal with Sander.

Super quick payment from him and great communication. Would not hesitate to do business again.

Last edited:

Afterburn001

Seeker
Seeker
Afterburn001 comes through as another fellow who does what he says and says the truth. Thanks for the great transaction and the feeling that there is possibly more honest people than crooks in the world. :thumbs_up:

Thanks!
I just found this thread and must say it was a pleasure working with you as well! :s1:

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Well now I can add Tinbox to my thread as a person of upstanding quality. I can also now go in a bar just like the cowboys of yore and plunk my eagle down for a drink.:thumbs_up:

Argentium

Midas Member
Midas Member
I've done well in GIM deals. WhyKnow, Eat Beef and Ringhunter are all class acts. I've done deals with a couple of GIM1 members, but can't recall their names.

lighthousekeeper73

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Out of curiosity... How would you make the transaction online?

It's one thing to buy/sell to a dealer (ampex/provident) online but I would think it would be a totally different ball game dealing with someone sitting behind a computer screen 1000s of miles/km away.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Out of curiosity... How would you make the transaction online?

It's one thing to buy/sell to a dealer (ampex/provident) online but I would think it would be a totally different ball game dealing with someone sitting behind a computer screen 1000s of miles/km away.
Don't know how others do it but I rely on instincts, skype and phone calls. Anyone who won't share a phone call is terminated from a deal immediately. Guys who will talk on skype and show the items are actually in their hand get the best attention. I've been lucky so far and really wanna thank the guys who will sell to n Fn Canuck cause it's a long way to Tipperary from here.:cheerful:

Argentium

Midas Member
Midas Member
I've done well in GIM deals. WhyKnow, Eat Beef and Ringhunter are all class acts. I've done deals with a couple of GIM1 members, but can't recall their names.
I'll add one more GIM member to my list; jiminez. Good deal with fast shipment!

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Deal with Bender was straight up, and a great guy to trade with. :thumbs_up:
Wouldn't hesitate to do any kind of business again.

msolorio3

Seeker
Seeker
I completed my first purchase on GIM2 today with Irons, must say shipping was fast and communication was cordial.

Thank You!!

RobMc45678

Made a purchase from Rcpb2000, fast shipping and exactly as described. Hope to buy from him again. Thanks!

Rcpb2000

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
RobMc45678 was great to deal with. Would be a pleasure to do business with you again.:bear_thumb:

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I completed my first purchase on GIM2 today with Irons, must say shipping was fast and communication was cordial.

Thank You!!

Im callin BS on this one.....we all know Irons NEVER SELLS anything.....:cheerful: