• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Florida Homeowner Defends Home From 3 Intruders, Kills 2

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Florida Homeowner Defends Home From 3 Intruders, Kills 2

A teen was facing charges for a would-be armed home invasion robbery in Florida in which his two accomplices were shot and killed and he was wounded, authorities said.

The person who shot them was the homeowner victim who had a gun and used it to defend himself when he encountered the intruders in his home in Wesley Chapel shortly before 1 a.m. Friday, Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said.

“The victim in this case was exercising his Second Amendment right to protect himself in his home,” Nocco said.

Luis Casado, 21, and Khyle Durham, 21, were shot as they walked down a narrow hallway toward the homeowner, the sheriff said. They had guns and covered their faces with black masks.

Jeremiah Trammel, 19, was shot after Casado and Durham went down, Nocco said. He said he ran out of the house as the homeowner went to get another gun to replace the one he had because it jammed.

Nocco said Trammel didn't get far. A neighbor with a gun caught him and then held him until deputies arrived.

Trammel was admitted to a hospital for treatment of the gunshot wound.

Nocco said Casado and Durham were “extremely violent” criminals. He said Trammel had a previous arrest for battery and other charges.

He said the shooting happened after the homeowner heard glass shatter and grabbed a gun. He was home alone playing video games.

The sheriff said the homeowner believes he may have been targeted because of his gun collection, which he has displayed on social media.

The investigation also revealed that the homeowner had some sort of relationship with Trammel, Casado and Durham that involved “some type of known entity,” Nocco said.

Trammel was charged with home invasion robbery, Fox 35 Orlando reported. He was also charged with murder for the deaths of Casado and Durham during the commission of another crime.

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
Lessons learned: Don't display your gun collection on social media. Unless it is for bait because you have become bored with video games.

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
"Trammel didn't get far. A neighbor with a gun caught him and then held him until deputies arrived."
Do the police recommend citizen arrests like this?
At 1 am in the morning, this is a fast response by a neighbor.
Interesting.

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
30 plus years ago when we lived in a three story aprtment, at 1 AM in the morning, I heard my neighbor two floors down screaming for help. I called 911 and while reporting what I heard, the neighbor on the floor below me ALSO called 911 and I heard her report while I was reporting it also.

And these days, to be clear, at 1 AM if I hear shots fired from my neighbors house, I would have covered the exits armed to the teeth to stop any fleeing criminals. And I won't be doing warning shots or calling out - "stop or I'll shoot" - I will be dropping them in their tracks.

Especially when they come out of my neighbors house holding a firearm.

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Normally, I would respond to a thread like this with the "Good News Thread" reply.

But this story has a stench to it.

Bragging about his gun collection on social media.

Homeowner knew the perps.

Kind of like he was just sitting around waiting for them to show up.