• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

For the golfers, how do you measure up?

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
handicap distribution,

Handicap-Distribution-1.jpg

Golf-Handicap-Distribution-2.jpg

LarsonLarsen

Seeker
Seeker
I've broken 100 a few times but never 90. On a day where everything clicks right I'm sure I could break 90. I've got a bad left handed slice off the tee that just ruins my days.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
the true measure of a golfer is how many back surgeries he's had. i have 4 close friends that got into the 70's. 3 of 4 are done -- all broken with back surgeries. next time you hear somebody shooting in the 70's, ask him how his back is holding up

dumbest sport ever for a middle or aged man. plant your feet and twist violently 50 times.....early in the morning....wtih little warmup.....and several beers along the 5 hour journey

not unsure that golf isn't funded/promoted by the back surgeon industrial complex

Last edited:

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
the true measure of a golfer is how many back surgeries he's had

dumbest sport ever for a middle or aged man. plant your feet and twist violently 50 times.....early in the morning....wtih little warmup.....and several beers along the 5 hour journey

not unsure that golf isn't funded/promoted by the back surgeon industrial complex
A golf swing is more power in the hips than the back. Lots of old good golfers without back problems.

Used to break 80 most of the time on the High School golf team, and then had periods as an adult where I would play a lot and do better than that. Takes too much time to play well, but it's a good game. Became too expensive, also.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
A golf swing is more power in the hips than the back. Lots of old good golfers without back problems.

Used to break 80 most of the time on the High School golf team, and then had periods as an adult where I would play a lot and do better than that. Takes too much time to play well, but it's a good game. Became too expensive, also.
indeed. great game.....BUT

i was being trained by the guys i mentioned. i didnt make it out of the 90's before my back blew out. i was practicing every day, etc

to get in the 70's.....have a cup of coffee there.....then to the doc.....to the surgeon.......then to the has-been pile. the smart hang out in the 80's.....can milk it longer from that level. not spending time to get to a competitive level -- just a weekend hacker that takes long breaks to recover from the damage

Last edited:

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Shot 79 a few days ago, 81 yesterday..44/37. My best on a par 71/6000yard course...68..4 birds, 1 bogey...usually in the mid to low 80's...wont stop till I cant walk. Wont get much better but on that rare day when all you find are fairways, greens, chip ins and 1 putts...you sleep well have good stories for your golf buds.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Shot 79 a few days ago, 81 yesterday..44/37. My best on a par 71/6000yard course...68..4 birds, 1 bogey...usually in the mid to low 80's...wont stop till I cant walk. Wont get much better but on that rare day when all you find are fairways, greens, chip ins and 1 putts...you sleep well have good stories for your golf buds.
my dream was to play 'real golf' like you do. i've had to settle for the old man that plays bball like a globetrotter

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
my dream was to play 'real golf' like you do. i've had to settle for the old man that plays bball like a globetrotter
Lol...real golf is played by my nephew, a teaching pro here. Shoots around par, when I asked him why he doesn't try to go on tour he said..."I'm not good enough"...

Globetrotters...still doing it...for about 100 years...I'd still play but my knees are shit and my lungs aint what they used to be.